Could gambling have been a factor?

Switch 625

On top of all the other things already mentioned as reasons (not justifications) for the fans’ reaction last night, could gambling have also been a factor? With sports betting apps increasing in popularity, I’m sure more people had money on the game last night than ever before and picked UT and the over. So, when they saw points taken off the board for UT, OM players flopping to slow us down and a bad spot at a crucial time, I’m sure many realized they were going to lose money. Thoughts?

Not like it hasn’t happened before. I think for it to work the entire crew would have to be in on it.

3f72e12bd197dfcfc5cdfadc198bfd96.jpg

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
On top of all the other things already mentioned as reasons (not justifications) for the fans’ reaction last night, could gambling have also been a factor? With sports betting apps increasing in popularity, I’m sure more people had money on the game last night than ever before and picked UT and the over. So, when they saw points taken off the board for UT, OM players flopping to slow us down and a bad spot at a crucial time, I’m sure many realized they were going to lose money. Thoughts?
Gambling is and always will be a factor in college sports. It's a dirty and not so big a secret.

Reactions: Rando
I tend to find that if you have to gin up a conspiracy to explain something, you're probably wrong.
Yep… This is nutty. If they were going to affect an outcome, they surely wouldn’t do it with all eyes on a key play where they know replay is available. They’d throw holding flags in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to kill drives.

And, let’s just say I know one of the guys and it makes me laugh just thinking about him being involved in a betting ring.

Of course gambling is a large part of the SEC and suspect refs. The SEC doesn’t punish refs who constantly make calls that change the outcome of a game. It’s crooked all the way around. The sad part the moral mind is gone in this country and around the world.

Reactions: Frank Duncan
Yep… This is nutty. If they were going to affect an outcome, they surely wouldn’t do it with all eyes on a key play where they know replay is available. They’d throw flags in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to kill a drive.
The scoop and score was played out right before our eyes. It wasn’t even a part of the SEC replay. Fast forward for time sake. Come on…

Reactions: Frank Duncan
Of course gambling is a large part of the SEC and suspect refs. The SEC doesn’t punish refs who constantly make calls that change the outcome of a game. It’s crooked all the way around. The sad part the moral mind is gone in this country and around the world.
The SEC sits officials from week to week at times due to bad calls.

I thought about it because it was a problem each time momentum swung our way. The betting line was very tight.

I am not a conspiracy guy, but fambling is a business, and controllng the line would be good business, and those bad calls were definitely consistent in their timing and results.

Absolutely!

VN Store

Back