Could dissension among the fanbase effect Coach Jones?

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel

After all that, Tennessee got a guy they would have been smart to call in the first place. Butch Jones is a star. Knew he'd get big job.

Exact same crap was spewed about Dooley, 4 years ago. I think you must have copied it from back then and changed the name from Kiffin to Dooley.

The difference is Jones has won championships at every stop he's made. The same can never be said for Dooley.

Go find yourself another team too. Saying the program is finished based on UT hiring Butch Jones shows your true ignorance.

Pump the sunshine while trying to run fans off. Are you trying to get UT to just give the tickets away the next few years? $300 season tickets not cheap enough?

It is what it is boys.. Jones may be another guy that's here and gone in a few years.. I won't spend my days pissed off about it or pouting.. I don't eat sleep and breath it anymore. More important things in life..

It is what it is boys.. Jones may be another guy that's here and gone in a few years.. I won't spend my days pissed off about it or pouting.. I don't eat sleep and breath it anymore. More important things in life..

Yeah, it isn't worth getting too worked up about from either perspective. Guess that says something too.

Yeah, it isn't worth getting too worked up about from either perspective. Guess that says something too.
There is just no reason in it.. I still care about the Vols, it's why i still spend time on this board.. When you get older you start to separate a game from what really matters though..

You are dead on with this post. I just think its really funny that the "fans" are already being blamed for a possible failure of a coach that hasn't even coached a game yet. The only thing that upsets me in all of this is that the UT Admin is a joke, and continues to run the school into the ground.

Pump the sunshine while trying to run fans off. Are you trying to get UT to just give the tickets away the next few years? $300 season tickets not cheap enough?

Run yourself off if you want. You are in the minority, just not in the minority in your delusional mind. The tradition of UT Football is much bigger than you and a few of your friends. You really should take a step back and think about what a silly state of mind you are in and pull yourself out of it.

I've decided that my happiness and quality of life should depend on something completely out of my control. I've chosen following a college football team, more specifically, the Vols. Sure hope they or their coach do not let me down. My hope and emotional well-being is completely in their hands now.

May be some sarcasm in there somehere.

Reactions: 2 people
All the talk among us fans doesn't really matter right now. If he wins games he'll get support, and if he doesn't then he won't.

You are dead on with this post. I just think its really funny that the "fans" are already being blamed for a possible failure of a coach that hasn't even coached a game yet. The only thing that upsets me in all of this is that the UT Admin is a joke, and continues to run the school into the ground.
There is no question the leadership at the top hasn't been very good.. We can't control that either.. We can voice our displeasure by not supporting them.. I imagine the crowds on gamedays are not going to be sellouts.. It's going to take Jones showing the fans he can get it done.. Then they'll buy in and the stands will fill up again.. It may take him a couple of years to get that going... It may never happen at all.. It's a wait and see deal, again..

You maybe should. It appears that it didn't do much to help your perspective on life.

How does the hiring of this coach by our clown Admins have anything to do with my perspective on life? You are the one that has lost all perspective.

There is no question the leadership at the top hasn't been very good.. We can't control that either.. We can voice our displeasure by not supporting them.. I imagine the crowds on gamedays are not going to be sellouts.. It's going to take Jones showing the fans he can get it done.. Then they'll buy in and the stands will fill up again.. It may take him a couple of years to get that going... It may never happen at all.. It's a wait and see deal, again..

Hey Carter. I've seen your posts for a while and I respect you. But, it is always a wait and see game when any program gets a new coach. Would have been the same if Gruden was hired..or any other BIG name for that matter. All the big names got big names by getting results, and some of them got big by just being in fans faces all the time (Gruden for example). This guy has a shot to get it done, and I am pulling for him all the way.

Hey Carter. I've seen your posts for a while and I respect you. But, it is always a wait and see game when any program gets a new coach. Would have been the same if Gruden was hired..or any other BIG name for that matter. All the big names got big names by getting results, and some of them got big by just being in fans faces all the time (Gruden for example). This guy has a shot to get it done, and I am pulling for him all the way.
That's the deal.. He gets his chance no matter what.. I'll keep a open mind and maybe he'll surprise us.. If not the coaching carousel continues.. Teams sometimes go through a few before the right one gets hired. I hope Jones is that guy..

Go find yourself another team too. Saying the program is finished based on UT hiring Butch Jones shows your true ignorance.

That's right if you didn't get a tingle up your leg after that press conf its clear you are not a VFL

The fact is most of you would have had a crush on who ever they hired. Some of you have blind supoort . It's possible to support the team but not the coach, which is yet another panic hire

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back