Coronavirus (No politics)

I was talking to a buddy yesterday. He couldn't believe the White House would put out those numbers (100K - 240K US deaths), because "the math just doesn't add up".
It took from Feb 15 to EOD March 27 (this past Fri) to reach 1,695 deaths. It took from March 28 to EOD yesterday to more than double that, to 4053 deaths. If we double the deaths every 3 days, we'll be at 120,000+ in 15 days. I'd say 100,000 deaths at the end of April would be a tremendous success. It needs to peak asap.

Is the White House using the same model that said 2 million would die? I believe some guy from the U.K. Didn’t that guy walk back on that claim?

Is the White House using the same model that said 2 million would die? I believe some guy from the U.K. Didn’t that guy walk back on that claim?

They used the 2 million model as a comparison. That was worst-case scenario, if we didn't stay at home, etc. They were talking about the progress we've made avoiding that. I guess anything can happen, but hopefully that's been avoided.

Anyone in Clarksville? Apparently, you're under a shelter in place order and subject to citation or arrest for being out in public for non-essential reasons. Curious if anyone is noticing whether this being enforced.
Parts of Georgia is doing this. The prisons are releasing people with drug charges, non violent breaking and entering, etc for their safety. Yet, threatening to arrest people who violate the shelter in place. Doesn't make sense to me.

Parts of Georgia is doing this. The prisons are releasing people with drug charges, non violent breaking and entering, etc for their safety. Yet, threatening to arrest people who violate the shelter in place. Doesn't make sense to me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, none of the response to this has made sense to me.

It's almost like everyone has dropped all brain function in some big, media-fueled, nationwide fight or flight response.

Messed up world. People get arrested for being out of their house but New York is releasing child predators from prison

Knoxville’s city mayor announced they’re going to start doing this starting today. I will not put up with that crap should I get stopped. Period.

Arrest? I thought it was just a fine.

Anyone feel the White House and Dr. Fauci and Birx are only using worst case scenarios when making these decisions? Especially Trump and Birx, they took a complete 180 from last week.

Reactions: volunteerpaul
There is a lot about this whole thing that does not add up.

LMAO and my work is thinking we will be back in our offices by April 14th because that is what the Tennessee stay at home order says lol

Yeah, everything will be extended till the 30th however, it has so many exclusions that a lot of people are actually still going to work. Have a friend who works for Coke a cola and they've been working 7 days a week. Gotta have a coke and a smile.

So just so you know, I work in direct patient care in a medical center and I’m taking a 50% pay cut. And yes, this virus is real. How many it will kill is yet to be seen. Maybe more than the flu maybe less time will tell. I know that it takes a tremendous amount of resources to take care of a covid patient in the hospital. So stop playing soccer games and treating this like it’s a summer break. Go home. Get through this so we can get things cranked back up and people can get back to work.

What’s the end game? To see the collapse of America’s economy?

The stock market has been an unsustainable financial balloon that is gorged on, and dependent on, Fed rate cuts and Fed injected liquidity by the hundreds of billions of $.

A completely broken system, a systemic issue continuation from 2008, creating an unsustainable, artificially functioning economy built on more and more debt.

It is a balloon looking for a pin, a scapegoat. Coronavirus happened to a pin and scapegoat so that the idiots in charge don't have take ownership of their idiotic failed monetary policies, whether done purposefully or not. As the oligarchy likes to say, "never waste a good crisis".

The crappy thing is that after it all blows over, they likely end up with more control than they have now.

Last edited:
Yeah, everything will be extended till the 30th however, it has so many exclusions that a lot of people are actually still going to work. Have a friend who works for Coke a cola and they've been working 7 days a week. Gotta have a coke and a smile.

Coke letter.jpg

Reactions: JacketVol
Anyone feel the White House and Dr. Fauci and Birx are only using worst case scenarios when making these decisions? Especially Trump and Birx, they took a complete 180 from last week.
IMO they are using this model with worse case scenario. It is updated daily and is tracking with its own projections.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Another tool to see that your phone is being tracked. with a social distancing grade down to county level.

Covid-19 Social Distancing Scoreboard — Unacast

Reactions: headhunter15

VN Store

Back