Coronavirus (No politics)

View attachment 269074
Not sure how America gets out of this.

Banks, landlords, utilities, etc are going to have to work with businesses that were forced to close. Its almost like the financial institution needs to go on pause until everyone can get up and running again.

There are people are Twitter actively mocking and almost happy on the report that 40 million people will be unemployed and unemployment could be worse than during the Great Depression all because they hate Trump...

Apparently there are people who think virus related unemployment will be a permanent rather than a temporary situation. It's always possible people will figure out how to do things like cook and decide to eat out less often, but to think this would spawn a whole generation of DIYers or that entire service or manufacturing industries will simply disappear is bizarre.

Banks, landlords, utilities, etc are going to have to work with businesses that were forced to close. Its almost like the financial institution needs to go on pause until everyone can get up and running again.

Banks must meet regulatory capital requirements. They will almost certianly have to reduce loans by an additional 10% per year. That will put some customers under.
This is a unique situation so the regulators should lighten up some.

Look for some troubled banks to be aquired. Usually smaller banks by larger banks.

The transport for that is the most surreal thing I've ever seen. I drive by that place almost daily. Friday and Saturday night there were a number of police, huge line of ambulances, buses from other counties, National Guard, you name it. Down the street is the county health department, where there were a bunch of people in hazmat suits doing drive-thru testing. It's very unsettling.

Apparently there are people who think virus related unemployment will be a permanent rather than a temporary situation. It's always possible people will figure out how to do things like cook and decide to eat out less often, but to think this would spawn a whole generation of DIYers or that entire service or manufacturing industries will simply disappear is bizarre.

Not only that, but there are municipalities that are laying off people because they can't generate the revenue from sales tax and such. But they are jobs that are necessary when the city is running. Once it gets back going, those positions will be filled again. Obviously, it's not ideal whatsoever. But some will immediately be back to work when it's over.

Reactions: AM64
Not only that, but there are municipalities that are laying off people because they can't generate the revenue from sales tax and such. But they are jobs that are necessary when the city is running. Once it gets back going, those positions will be filled again. Obviously, it's not ideal whatsoever. But some will immediately be back to work when it's over.

Just read the IRS is sending boatloads home. You know they will be back!

Steve Mnuchin seems optimistic..

"I don’t know what the numbers are gonna be this quarter. What I do think is, we are gonna kill this virus," Mnuchin said. "We’re gonna re-open this economy. And in the third quarter of this year, you’re gonna see this economy bounce back with very large GDP numbers and low unemployment back to where we were beforehand."

Honestly I have a hard time imagining that the economy doesn't bounce back fairly quickly after this. Barring cataclysmic outcome on the pandemic beyond worse case scenario there physically is no damage to the country or the infrastructure. It's not like a war or nuke leveled entire cities and industries. Once the virus runs its course and we bury our dead things will bounce back. People aren't being laid off due to some economic change, they're being sent home for safety. Once it's safe to do so all these positions will refill, the jobs are still there. Things will be tight as hell, and will be very very rough until the virus passes, but once it does things should recover.

Honestly I have a hard time imagining that the economy doesn't bounce back fairly quickly after this. Barring cataclysmic outcome on the pandemic beyond worse case scenario there physically is no damage to the country or the infrastructure. It's not like a war or nuke leveled entire cities and industries. Once the virus runs its course and we bury our dead things will bounce back. People aren't being laid off due to some economic change, they're being sent home for safety. Once it's safe to do so all these positions will refill, the jobs are still there. Things will be tight as hell, and will be very very rough until the virus passes, but once it does things should recover.

Read article from WSJ that this is more or less a natural disaster without the collateral damage.

We and the world owe China a beatdown for this

Dang straight. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone taking any aggressive action towards them. People will talk a big game about how we need to do our own production instead of relying on them, but nobody will do anything aside from talk because of the Benjamins.

Line is looking more linear and recoveries are up to 5.5k now
Some points:
Italy had their lowest new cases in 14 days today (4k) 4k/60 million =0.0066%
Our largest case day is 19988/331 million= 0.0060%
So our largest case day is still lower than their lowest day per capita.
20% of the entire US cases are in NYC
51% are in two states NY and NJ
meta-chart (9).png

I'm wondering if the new cases might possibly be slowing down in Ga as well. Over the last 10 days they've been averaging ~30% increase per day. The last 3 have been just 11,10,&13% respectively. I know it's too early to know for sure or celebrate, but maybe just maybe it's good news.

Dang straight. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone taking any aggressive action towards them. People will talk a big game about how we need to do our own production instead of relying on them, but nobody will do anything aside from talk because of the Benjamins.
Yep unfortunately true we will be right back to kissing that Chinese butt

VN Store

Back