Coronavirus (No politics)

Has anyone experienced certain things taste way different after Covid? I had it back around Thanksgiving and I had a Coke for the 1st time since over the weekend and it tasted horrible (burnt /nutty/diesel flavor). Dr. Pepper tasted completely normal though. Also been noticing the same taste from mint Listerine. Shower soap now smells off too. The smell will also hit me in random spots here recently. It’s weird bc when I got my taste back after 3 weeks in December I did not notice anything tasting/smelling different until here in the last couple weeks.
My friends wife is experiencing similar side effects she certain foods and drinks taste different and her smell is off. She also has a irregular heartbeat and chronic fatigue since getting covid.

Got my second shot of the phizer vaccine yesterday . Today I’m feeling rundown and a little off along with a mild headache. I’m def feeling more symptoms from the second dose than the first dose.

I am not touching any vaccine. You all are brave. Glad it worked out for you.

I had the covid. Everything I have heard shows that once you've had the covid the vaccine is that much worse. Covid was a mild flu for me, so I'll take my chances with the actual virus going forward. No vaccine for me thank you.

Got my second shot of the phizer vaccine yesterday . Today I’m feeling rundown and a little off along with a mild headache. I’m def feeling more symptoms from the second dose than the first dose.
I was the same way after my 2nd dose of Pfizer. Mine lasted forever about 24 hours, then back to normal. Rotate with Tylenol and Advil every 4 hours and drink Gatorade/water.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I had the covid. Everything I have heard shows that once you've had the covid the vaccine is that much worse. Covid was a mild flu for me, so I'll take my chances with the actual virus going forward. No vaccine for me thank you.
Not true. I had Covid then had the Pfizer vaccine and had no issues. I should also mention that I didn’t have any issues when I had Covid either except loss of smell.

What the heck is going on in Michigan? 10% of the country’s new cases are from that one state.

Other states that are spiking are “spiking” at a trivial rate, they are on a bad upslope.

Not true. I had Covid then had the Pfizer vaccine and had no issues. I should also mention that I didn’t have any issues when I had Covid either except loss of smell.
What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.

I slept pretty well. Got up and had some coffee before realizing I was pretty achy and dizzy. On my way to being a zombie!

LOL I finally felt human today after two tough days. I thought I would go hit a couple of small buckets at The Bear Trace near me. I hit one bucket and was so exhausted and weak I gave the second bucket to a gentleman next to me and told him I never do this but I can't finish, I struggled to car and came home barley getting up the steps to the house. I sure hope I get back to normal soon.

LOL I finally felt human today after two tough days. I thought I would go hit a couple of small buckets at The Bear Trace near me. I hit one bucket and was so exhausted and weak I gave the second bucket to a gentleman next to me and told him I never do this but I can't finish, I struggled to car and came home barley getting up the steps to the house. I sure hope I get back to normal soon.
😞🙏

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.
There’s no reward at that age they would barely have any effects from covid if they did end of getting it

Reactions: StoVol
You have antibodies - so does my daughter - she isn’t taking the vaccine either.

I mean that’s not true. The mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) have proven to combat all forms of Covid-19.

Now a booster shot of it would just be to ensure that it stays in your system so you continue to have immunity. (Kind of like getting a yearly flu shot except for the Moderna and Pfizer protect against all strains where as flu shots do not)

Edit: Johnson and Johnson is the vaccine that doesn’t protect against multiple strains because it was made utilizing the initial strain of Covid-19.

Also, I dunno where this mRNA vaccine is unproven stuff is coming from.

It had been researched for over 5-10 years before COVID-19. The issue was that they could not get any funding to make leaps and bounds in advancing it.

Big Pharma had no reason to put any money into its research and development. Because there were already vaccines out there. (Not until COVID-19 anyways)

Once Big Pharma realized that mRNA was the fastest and safest way to develop a vaccine you saw the stock market surge in those areas. (Hence the boon towards mRNA (an inactive way to duplicate a virus without actually needing the virus present)

Also, I dunno where this mRNA vaccine is unproven stuff is coming from.

It had been researched for over 5-10 years before COVID-19. The issue was that they could not get any funding to make leaps and bounds in advancing it.

Big Pharma had no reason to put any money into its research and development. Because there were already vaccines out there. (Not until COVID-19 anyways)

Once Big Pharma realized that mRNA was the fastest and safest way to develop a vaccine you saw the stock market surge in those areas. (Hence the boon towards mRNA (an inactive way to duplicate a virus without actually needing the virus present)
There’s a bunch of articles out there, but the primary reason new vaccines generally take years to develop isn’t because they’re doing all this extra precautionary research and studies. It’s because they lack funding.

In this case, funding wasn’t an issue which drastically speeds up the timeline. Not to mention, there was already years of existing research underway on mRNA vaccines and coronavirus. We’re talking hundreds of millions of people who have received the mRNA vaccines with very high effectiveness and very few side effects. I’d consider that pretty proven.

VN Store

Back