Coronavirus (No politics)

View attachment 423994
*LOL the vaccines are available, now. And most have efficacies of 90%.
*You lost me at Rand Paul.
*98-99% of deaths are unvaxxed.

Are you nuts?
Rand Paul happens to actually be a doctor.

No, your lack of effort to fully inform yourself and look at as many sides of this issue as you can before "making up your mind" doesn't make me "nuts". Very much the opposite.

I cannot say that Missouri is indicative of the whole country but I doubt there is that much variance. Below is a link to the REAL data. Currently 11% of deaths since the vaccines became available have been fully vaccinated and that % is growing. Incomplete vaccinations are counted against the unvaxed instead of having their own category... somewhat deceptive since we don't know what part in those illnesses was played by the initial shot.

Over the entire pandemic, only 1.11% have been reinfected. The state has reported 103 deaths. A vaccinated person who has not previously had Covid is 3 times more likely to die from Covid than someone who has recovered from Covid and gained natural immunity.

Make sure to scroll down the breakthrough page to see the % of new cases that are vaccinated. About 50% of MO is vaccinated. Almost 40% of new cases are vaxed- that % has grown steadily over the last 8 months.

If people are dying, making up 40% of new infections, and spreading the virus... the vaccines are NOT effective unless you have a MAJORLY warped sense of "effective". Also note that BEFORE COVID there was a debate over leaky vaccines and evidence suggesting that they played a part in more virulent mutations... which created MORE death among the unvaccinated. The science behind "you are protecting others"... wasn't science.

Health Metrics - Breakthrough Cases | COVID-19 Outbreak | Health & Senior Services (mo.gov)

However this article explains what I'm talking about better than I can. You really should take the 5 minutes to read it. It explains the difference between "leaky" vaccines and perfect vaccines. ALL of the current Covid vaccines are "leaky". That's why using things like smallpox or polio to justify Covid bullying is completely illegitimate. Note that this article is not tainted by Covid politics. It was written about 9 months before the first Covid cases hit the US.

‘Leaky’ Vaccines Can Produce Stronger Versions of Viruses

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and krichunaka
Some good news
Their gift to the world
It’s called Corbevax, it’s similar technology that is used in the Hep C vaccine which is 40 years old
No patents, leaving the intellectual property to anyone who wants to use it.
They already have 150 million doses ready to send to India.
They are able to manufacture 100 million doses a month.
This is a big deal because it greatly helps with the problem of global vaccine inequity.

Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine Covid-19 Vaccine Technology Secures Emergency Use Authorization in India | Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine COVID-19 Vaccine Technology Secures Emergency Use Authorization in India
Mass Distribution of “The World’s COVID-19 Vaccine” to be Deployed to India with Other Underserved Countries to Follow
HOUSTON, TX (December 28, 2021) – Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine announced today that CORBEVAX™, a protein sub-unit COVID-19 Vaccine, whose technology was created and engineered at its Center for Vaccine Development (CVD), has received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to launch in India with other underserved countries to follow.
Dubbed “The World’s COVID-19 Vaccine”, it uses a traditional recombinant protein-based technology that will enable its production at large scales making it widely accessible to inoculate the global population. The initial construct and production process of the vaccine antigen was developed at Texas Children’s Hospital CVD, led by co-directors Drs. Maria Elena Bottazzi and Peter Hotez and in-licensed from BCM Ventures, Baylor College of Medicine’s integrated commercialization team, to Hyderabad-based vaccine and pharmaceutical company Biological E. Limited (BE).
CORBEVAX™ after completing two Phase III clinical trials involving more than 3000 subjects was found to be safe, well tolerated and immunogenic:
  • CORBEVAX™ demonstrated superior immune response in comparison with COVISHIELDTM vaccine when assessed for Neutralizing Antibody (nAb) Geometric Mean Titers (GMT) against the Ancestral-Wuhan strain and the globally dominant Delta variant. CORBEVAX™ vaccination also generated significant Th1 skewed cellular immune response.
  • CORBEVAX™ nAb GMT against Ancestral-Wuhan strain is indicative of vaccine effectiveness of >90% for prevention of symptomatic infections based on the Correlates of Protection assessment performed during Moderna and Astra-Zeneca vaccine Phase III studies.
  • CORBEVAX™ nAb GMT against the Delta strain indicates a vaccine effectiveness of >80 percent for the prevention of symptomatic infections based on published studies.
  • While none of the subjects who took CORBEVAX™ or COVISHIELD™ had serious adverse events, CORBEVAX™ had 50 percent fewer adverse events than COVISHIELDT™.
  • In the continuous monitoring of phase II studies, CORBEVAX™ showed high persistence of immune response as indicated by <30% drop in nAb GMT till 6 months second dose as compared to >80% drop observed with majority of the vaccines.
“Protein-based vaccines have been widely used to prevent many other diseases, have proven safety records, and use economies of scale to achieve low-cost scalability across the world,” said Dr. Maria Elena Bottazzi, Professor and Associate Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor and Co-Director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development. “Our decade-long studies advancing coronavirus vaccine prototypes has led to the creation of this vaccine, which will fill the access gap created by the more expensive, newer vaccine technologies and that today are still not able to be quickly scaled for global production.”
The need for safe, streamlined, low-cost vaccines for middle- to low-income countries is central to the world’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Without widespread vaccination of populations in the Global South, additional virus variants will arise, hindering the progress achieved by currently available vaccines in the United States and other Western countries.
“This announcement is an important first step in vaccinating the world and halting the pandemic. Our vaccine technology offers a path to address an unfolding humanitarian crisis, namely the vulnerability the low- and middle-income countries face against the delta variant,” said Dr. Peter Hotez, Professor and Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor and Co-Director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development. “Widespread and global vaccination with our Texas Children’s-Baylor-BE vaccine would also forestall the emergence of new variants. We have previously missed that opportunity for the alpha and delta variant. Now is our chance to prevent a new global wave from what might follow.”
“Over the years, we have worked to make quality vaccines and pharmaceutical products accessible to families around the world. With this as our backdrop, we resolved to develop an affordable and effective COVID-19 vaccine. It has now become a reality,” said Mahima Datla, Managing Director, Biological E. Limited. “We deeply appreciate Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, Baylor, CEPI, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the government of India for their continuous support and cooperation during this journey. The combined efforts & unceasing support demonstrate that we can collectively overcome any challenge”.
Texas Children’s Hospital CVD received philanthropic support for the development of this vaccine from many generous donors across the country, including a significant contribution from The JPB Foundation in May 2020.

Reactions: tbh and vollygirl
I did an at home saliva test on the 24th. It finally came back today - positive. I spit into the tube the morning before I took a rapid and PCR - both of those came back negative. I’m thinking it was a false positive. Oh well, tomorrow is Day 5, so I'll be done with my recommended quarantine period

Last edited:
My job is being decimated by protocols

Just sent a girl home for the sniffles and hasn't decided yet on whether or not they are gonna implement the CDC's new 5 day covid policy

I'm like

Are you people freaking braindead???
This whole freakin country is nothing but a bunch dumb ass, stupid troupe of lemmings with the sense of a pack of dung beetles.

I’m probably going to go get a covid test tomorrow. Been feeling kinda bad for a few days but it’s getting worse. It’s mostly just an exhausted feeling, chest congestion and coughing. No shortness of breath, can still taste things. Honestly I’d think I had bronchitis if I weren’t so tired

Anyone else who had covid present this way?

I’m probably going to go get a covid test tomorrow. Been feeling kinda bad for a few days but it’s getting worse. It’s mostly just an exhausted feeling, chest congestion and coughing. No shortness of breath, can still taste things. Honestly I’d think I had bronchitis if I weren’t so tired

joe-vs-the-volcano-brain-cloud.gif

I was just exhausted by basic daily activity.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Should also be noted I’m on Prednisone for arthritis. If I have a stuffy nose or sore throat, I wouldn’t know it. Prednisone wipes those symptoms out.

Rand Paul happens to actually be a doctor.

No, your lack of effort to fully inform yourself and look at as many sides of this issue as you can before "making up your mind" doesn't make me "nuts". Very much the opposite.

I cannot say that Missouri is indicative of the whole country but I doubt there is that much variance. Below is a link to the REAL data. Currently 11% of deaths since the vaccines became available have been fully vaccinated and that % is growing. Incomplete vaccinations are counted against the unvaxed instead of having their own category... somewhat deceptive since we don't know what part in those illnesses was played by the initial shot.

Over the entire pandemic, only 1.11% have been reinfected. The state has reported 103 deaths. A vaccinated person who has not previously had Covid is 3 times more likely to die from Covid than someone who has recovered from Covid and gained natural immunity.

Make sure to scroll down the breakthrough page to see the % of new cases that are vaccinated. About 50% of MO is vaccinated. Almost 40% of new cases are vaxed- that % has grown steadily over the last 8 months.

If people are dying, making up 40% of new infections, and spreading the virus... the vaccines are NOT effective unless you have a MAJORLY warped sense of "effective". Also note that BEFORE COVID there was a debate over leaky vaccines and evidence suggesting that they played a part in more virulent mutations... which created MORE death among the unvaccinated. The science behind "you are protecting others"... wasn't science.

Health Metrics - Breakthrough Cases | COVID-19 Outbreak | Health & Senior Services (mo.gov)

However this article explains what I'm talking about better than I can. You really should take the 5 minutes to read it. It explains the difference between "leaky" vaccines and perfect vaccines. ALL of the current Covid vaccines are "leaky". That's why using things like smallpox or polio to justify Covid bullying is completely illegitimate. Note that this article is not tainted by Covid politics. It was written about 9 months before the first Covid cases hit the US.

‘Leaky’ Vaccines Can Produce Stronger Versions of Viruses
Rand Paul is an eye doctor and politician. If you want to provide a politically unbiased viewpoint about a virus...he ain't the guy.

Reactions: BenGrimm and MAD

Definitely get the test first thing in the morning so you don't worry. Worry is not good for you. It's prolly nothing and if its not nothing it's prolly almost nothing anyway. Drink fluids and sleep in the meantime. We need you for the game!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

The flu is going around in Knoxville. I had those symptoms a couple of weeks ago. The guy I worked with on that Thursday called me on Sunday afternoon and told me he tested positive for the flu. I was off on Friday and had to call in sick on Monday last week. I slept for 4 days and was achy. I took Aleve D sinus and cold (12 hour time release caplet). Ask your pharmacist for it

Rand Paul is an eye doctor and politician. If you want to provide a politically unbiased viewpoint about a virus...he ain't the guy.
He is less "biased" than Fauci. He has challenged the establishment on the SCIENCE... more than the politics though the latter is a big problem too.

FWIW, Paul is STILL a practicing doctor and treats people for charity. He understands medicine broadly and that therapeutics like one Pfizer (I believe that's the right company) is trying to get approved now were the better course to save lives. Fauci poured our "hopes" and MONEY into a vaccine against a virus that has eluded a vaccine solution forever. Coronaviruses are responsible for about 25% of colds. How long has medicine been looking for a cold vaccine or cure?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

I tested positive 2 days ago and mine started off about the same way . Had some conjestion but didnt feel bad then started to cough a little more each day then about 4 days in it hit me with fever ache shortness of breath and all. Got 2 shots Monday an inhaler and z packs also increased c,d and b vitamins feeling much better tonight.

I tested positive 2 days ago and mine started off about the same way . Had some conjestion but didnt feel bad then started to cough a little more each day then about 4 days in it hit me with fever ache shortness of breath and all. Got 2 shots Monday an inhaler and z packs also increased c,d and b vitamins feeling much better tonight.
This is roughly day 4.. sucks I tested negative yesterday. If I test positive tomorrow my boss is going to be pissed since I told him I’d be back for my next shift after my 3 day work note is up lol

This is roughly day 4.. sucks I tested negative yesterday. If I test positive tomorrow my boss is going to be pissed since I told him I’d be back for my next shift after my 3 day work note is up lol
I was told by my Dr. I couldnt go back till after the 7th. Im hoping I can retest next Monday and be good to go. If I have to stay cooped up at home till the 7th I will be ready to kill somebody lol.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
He is less "biased" than Fauci. He has challenged the establishment on the SCIENCE... more than the politics though the latter is a big problem too.

FWIW, Paul is STILL a practicing doctor and treats people for charity. He understands medicine broadly and that therapeutics like one Pfizer (I believe that's the right company) is trying to get approved now were the better course to save lives. Fauci poured our "hopes" and MONEY into a vaccine against a virus that has eluded a vaccine solution forever. Coronaviruses are responsible for about 25% of colds. How long has medicine been looking for a cold vaccine or cure?
So the lives saved from the vaccine mean nothing? And don’t forget the hospitalizations that were avoid.

The U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program at One Year: How Many Deaths and Hospitalizations Were Averted?

Highlights
  • In the absence of a vaccination program, there would have been approximately 1.1 million additional COVID-19 deaths and more than 10.3 million additional COVID-19 hospitalizations in the U.S. by November 2021.
  • Without the U.S. vaccination program, COVID-19 deaths would have been approximately 3.2 times higher and COVID-19 hospitalizations approximately 4.9 times higher than the actual toll during 2021.
  • If no one had been vaccinated, daily deaths from COVID-19 could have jumped to as high as 21,000 per day — nearly 5.2 times the level of the record peak of more than 4,000 deaths per day recorded in January 2021.

Colombia, but it’s not that. This is a company requirement. They want to make sure we are not infecting each other on the trip and affecting business when we get back

FWIW, and unless things have changed since October down there, the Bogotá airport has onsite testing that's pretty dang efficient and convenient. I used that service to get nasally violated prior to returning from a trip down there, just remember to make a reservation a week or so in advance (could probably cut it closer in a pinch and they likely have walk,in spots too).

(You may already know all this...either way, safe travels!)

VN Store

Back