Coronavirus (No politics)

There is a community war over this where I live. 6 public courts right next to each other. People demanding the mayor shut them down. Others “shouting” them down. Or so I hear as I’m not on FB.
Our county page on Facebook is in meltdown right now over a huge crowd of Mexicans gathered up playing soccer. It's in town in front of everything, and there's easily 50-100 always when they get together. They're at each other's throats fussing.

r4HsZpd.png
Nothing about that China curve looks realistic

We are going to have to make some ugly decisions no matter which way we go, it appears.
I think you may be right. However, knowing what I face everyday at work makes me think what has the potential to be uglier. Again, not saying my way is right because I dont know.

Reactions: allvol123
How dare 2 people stand 60 feet apart and hit a ball.

It’s not the playing part. It’s the opening of gates, touching benches, touching the same balls, etc. People could stay away on playgrounds too, but all of the equipment is used, and most cities don’t want to take on that liability.

It’s not the playing part. It’s the opening of gates, touching benches, touching the same balls, etc. People could stay away on playgrounds too, but all of the equipment is used, and most cities don’t want to take on that liability.

I hear this liability thing. How do you prove when and where you contracted coronavirus?

Good post. Even after the curve drops in most places this summer, locations if they are smart will need to keep the social distancing in place for many weeks or months afterward. That is If the economy and our way of life is strong enough to survive. I have serious doubts it will. What a mess we are in. However there was an individual on Tucker Carlson tonight who claims the stay in place orders will not significantly alter Covid deaths and hospitalizations. He used Oregon statiscal models as examples. Anybody watch it ?

Last edited:
Good post. Even after the curve drops in most places this summer, locations if they are smart will need to keep the social distancing in place for many weeks or months afterward. That is If the economy and our way of life is strong enough to survive. I have serious doubts it will. What a mess we are in. However there was an individual on Tucker Carlson tonight who claims the stay in place orders will not significantly alter Covid deaths and hospitalizations. He used Oregon statiscal models as examples. Anybody watch it ?

We are in a mess. The 1918 flu killed 675,000 Americans on a population of 100,000,000. We will make it.

Reactions: davethevol
I hear this liability thing. How do you prove when and where you contracted coronavirus?

You think all lawsuits have a legitimate claim? Free to still bring it. Guess what I do.

Maybe someone hasn’t been out of their house for 2 weeks, has had groceries delivered, and played tennis one time, and contracted it.

Plus, these restrictives are designed to prevent people from congregating as opposed to encouraging it.

It doesn’t matter. I could give you guys a legitimate reason, and the same posters would complain about it.

There is a community war over this where I live. 6 public courts right next to each other. People demanding the mayor shut them down. Others “shouting” them down. Or so I hear as I’m not on FB.
The neighborhood court is private and locked, with residents having a key. How would my son and I be putting anyone in harm's way playing tennis?

I guarantee you that my risk is much greater at Home Depot, Ace, Ingles, the gas station, liquor store, or (especially!) my office.

The neighborhood court is private and locked, with residents having a key. How would my son and I be putting anyone in harm's way playing tennis?

I guarantee you that my risk is much greater at Home Depot, Ace, Ingles, the gas station, liquor store, or (especially!) my office.

You’re the doc. No argument those are greater risks. Just sharing that the debate is not just where you are.

You think all lawsuits have a legitimate claim? Free to still bring it. Guess what I do.

Maybe someone hasn’t been out of their house for 2 weeks, has had groceries delivered, and played tennis one time, and contracted it.

Plus, these restrictives are designed to prevent people from congregating as opposed to encouraging it.

It doesn’t matter. I could give you guys a legitimate reason, and the same posters would complain about it.

Don't misinterpret: I accept the necessity of the mandate, thanks primarily to the selfish a-holes that insisted on doing whatever they wanted, despite recommendations.

I don't, however, see how keeping people off a private tennis court or from doing other outdoor activities that do not involve a group is needed.

Don't misinterpret: I accept the necessity of the mandate, thanks primarily to the selfish a-holes that insisted on doing whatever they wanted, despite recommendations.

I don't, however, see how keeping people off a private tennis court or from doing other outdoor activities that do not involve a group is needed.

I understand. Wasn’t directing any of that at you. But my wife and I have even discussed why we still see several people biking together.

I just believe some places don’t want to take on that responsibility and risk. They also don’t want to encourage people getting together. But you are the doc- call your HOA president and convince him to let you play.

I work directly in patient care in Knoxville and around the area. We need this to keep our hospitals from being overrun. Please, stay home for the next 15 days or so. We are at the upswing of the virus for our area. The amount of resources and man power to take care of one Covid patient in the ICU is enormous. Trust me, it’s real and I’ve never seen anything like this virus ever and I’ve been doing this for 30 years.
Not sure if you work at UT but my boss said his niece works there and she says they aren't seeing anything. I didn't buy it personally.

It is being used but you don’t need every American taking this. The combination can cause prolonged QT and cardiac arrest.
I'm talking about the ones with failing respiratory systems just like the tweet said, not someone with a fever quarantining at home.
I know which one I'd choose if I was drowning while sitting in a hospital bed.

I understand. Wasn’t directing any of that at you. But my wife and I have even discussed why we still see several people biking together.

I just believe some places don’t want to take on that responsibility and risk. They also don’t want to encourage people getting together. But you are the doc- call your HOA president and convince him to let you play.
He's nextdoor... Maybe I'll just egg his house

VN Store

Back