$/ Corona/eligibility

BruinVol

I didn’t hear interview but listening to the recap on 104.5 but it sounds like Tim Corbin has said it’s just not feasible for players to get this year back.

He mentions that many schools lost a lot of $ during this crisis and they just won’t pay for added scholarships

And I do firmly agree with him that having so many players on the roster just doesn’t work.

life isn’t fair but It would just trading one set of unfair for another set of problems that would take years to work thru

Like it or not but Corbin has major pull and if he has these feelings watch the masses start to follow

The whole situation sucks.

I can't think of a solution either.

Schools can pay coaches and athletic directors millions but can't pay for a few extra scholarships. As fans across the country we should become one team and protest this BS.

Schools can pay coaches and athletic directors millions but can't pay for a few extra scholarships. As fans across the country we should become one team and protest this BS.

Some schools can’t pay that money. Most in fact can’t.

Now this could be a time you see the power 5 break away from the rest of the NCAA but most schools have $ issues

Some schools can’t pay that money. Most in fact can’t.

Now this could be a time you see the power 5 break away from the rest of the NCAA but most schools have $ issues
Im sure the NCAA can pay it, I doubt they have financial problems. Combine the total amount it would take and take money from major colleges and NCAA, shouldn't be a problem. If the coaches and top NCAA guys can make millions I'm sure they could deal with scholarship cost.

Reactions: vols1221
Im sure the NCAA can pay it, I doubt they have financial problems. Combine the total amount it would take and take money from major colleges and NCAA, shouldn't be a problem. If the coaches and top NCAA guys can make millions I'm sure they could deal with scholarship cost.

The NCAA isn’t going to pay scholarships at their schools. No Chance

But the NCAA isn’t paying that

You may have misunderstood my post

And I’ll add many D2 schools want large roster numbers to drive up enrollment. Those schools need that $

I do understand what you were saying. It’s at least a two step process, and D2 is allowing it is a big step. Schools funding it is another big step.

I do understand what you were saying. It’s at least a two step process, and D2 is allowing it is a big step. Schools funding it is another big step.

It will be hard for the NCAA to not follow suit with D1 but it’s not what’s best for college baseball imo

It will be hard for the NCAA to not follow suit with D1 but it’s not what’s best for college baseball imo
I am very stupid on all of this and you seem really up to date on this mess. If a kid was a freshman does that mean they can choose to be considered a freshman again or will they be a sophomore next season?

I am very stupid on all of this and you seem really up to date on this mess. If a kid was a freshman does that mean they can choose to be considered a freshman again or will they be a sophomore next season?

That’s up in the air. Some say it will only matter for seniors

They won’t cancel the nfl draft it’ll be closed to the public and go on as planned
Much different situation. Scouts saw players throughout the most recent season as usual. They also just had a combine. Nothing has changed for the NFL as far as player scouting. Signing bonuses may be affected. Only other variable for them is whether their season starts on time I guess and whether they will take a revenue hit.

MLB scouts probably have an idea of who they would pick in June in the early rounds, but maybe not as in depth as they would like. Especially with the HS players they didn’t get to see this spring. Scouting was cut way short.

VN Store

Back