Corey Walker?

Knoxwhodat

What is the real story about Walker not playing? Log jam at his position? Over rated? Typical freshman that needs time and is just going to redshirt?
I really liked his game in high school.

It might have something to do with where he wants to play. If he wants to be on the perimeter then there will be limited opportunities for him for several years. Even Bailey has 2 more years that he can be on the roster. My guess is that if he is willing to give the 4 a try he could see some minutes. But he’d have to take them from ORN and Uros.

If he can learn to play both the 4 and the 2/3 interchangeably then he could eventually earn serious minutes in 2 or 3 years. He’s a 4-star. He would have been a starter on a lot of TN teams that have played in the TBA.

It might have something to do with where he wants to play. If he wants to be on the perimeter then there will be limited opportunities for him for several years. Even Bailey has 2 more years that he can be on the roster. My guess is that if he is willing to give the 4 a try he could see some minutes. But he’d have to take them from ORN and Uros.

If he can learn to play both the 4 and the 2/3 interchangeably then he could eventually earn serious minutes in 2 or 3 years. He’s a 4-star. He would have been a starter on a lot of TN teams that have played in the TBA.
I doubt he'd have to take them from Uros. He doesn't play much (any?) 4, does he?

I doubt he'd have to take them from Uros. He doesn't play much (any?) 4, does he?

Good point. I guess it would have to be indirectly or trickle down minutes. Fulk, ORN, and Anosike could play either the 4 or 5 so Uros would only take PT out of the entire pool of 200 minutes.

Although... I thought that Uros was a decent outside shooter. Maybe he could play kind of a faux 4. Maybe the 5 on D and a 4 on offense with Anosike doing the opposite. Not a likely scenario, but a possible one.

Reactions: i2amavol

He’s listed at 6-8. That seems like a 4 to me.

Reactions: white65
I think he'll work his way into the rotation as our first big off the bench if he buys into Barnes coaching and culture of playing tough.
We all know Springer and Johnson will be starting come tournament time. Barnes makes player earn their way. Walker is no different.

He’s listed at 6-8. That seems like a 4 to me.

He was recruited as a 4 with the potential of playing the 3. I don’t believe he has the skill set for 2, so that’s a bit of a stretch.
Height is just a number. Magic Johnson was a 6’9 point guard and Anfernee Hardaway was 6’7. Even Dane Bradshaw was a 6’3 post. It’s all about skill set.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I expect we are going to see a lot of size put onto Walker over the next few years and he is expected to be a four. He has a old man’s game and has a lot of skill just not overly athletic. But his video shows a young man who can handle, has a nice mid-range game and has a developing perimeter game.

VN Store

Back