Corey Walker Enters Transfer Portal

I don’t like this one. I had hoped he would contribute as a redshirt freshman since he was highly regarded and plays a position of need. He was the first commitment for the 2020 class and I thought he would’ve stuck once he enrolled.

Crazy to think he was once rated a 5-star, but if you think about it his rating started falling in his senior year.

Maybe he was bigger than most kids then topped out.

Does anyone have any actual info on this kid as to why he never made it off the bench? He practiced and went through warmups so I don’t think it was an injury issue. And if you couldn’t find playing time amongst the crew that we had on the bench, you either suck or the coaches hate you.

Very unfortunate this didn’t workout. He’ll go ball out elsewhere at a position we need. But, I understand Barnes’ has certain standards. Hope Walker finds the right situation for himself. Good luck to the kid.
This could be one that comes back to haunt Barnes. I know a lot of fans are already looking for reasons to hate on CRB and I hope this isn’t more ammo.
I would love to know the details of the whole situation. I was really high on this kid and really looking forward to him taking the floor for us.
GBO!!

Barnes needs to figure out if players fit his standards before signing them
I am sure he vets as well as he can when dealing with 17-18 year old kids. Everyone knew this class had one and dones in it and I am sure h tried to get Walker to buy in to the defense first concept here. The superstars had no problem stepping up and not being a Diva. If a recruit wants to be coddled, they will NOT last long here.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Why does it seem any big man brought in by this program meets this same fate? It just seems odd. This has repeated itself multiple times recently.
Maybe Barnes needs to do a better Job of getting to know the players he offers scholarships to before he signs them. He has signed more Players that haven’t worked out, either because they don’t fit his “ culture” when they get here or because they aren’t SEC level players. He has successfully recruited a few big name players but has had a lot more failures than successes in recruiting

Maybe Barnes needs to do a better Job of getting to know the players he offers scholarships to before he signs them. He has signed more Players that haven’t worked out, either because they don’t fit his “ culture” when they get here or because they aren’t SEC level players. He has successfully recruited a few big name players but has had a lot more failures than successes in recruiting

Or because they are teenagers that grew up being told that their **** doesn’t stink and they fail to take their next step in life successfully. It’s not like coaches get to do background checks on them as if they were applying to be FBI agents.

VN Store

Back