Cool Tye'Sha Fluker and Sade Wiley Gatewood interview

lvocd

I was delighted to come across this recent podcast interview between former Lady Vol teammates Tye'Sha Fluker and Sade Wiley-Gatewood, and so I thought I'd share it.

If you need something to take up a little time while you wait on today's game, this is worth your time. These two lively characters do the typical catching up with each other for a while, but it gets really good (as well as bittersweet) when they begin to discuss Pat (at the 15:07 mark), some of their experiences, how being a former Lady Vol has impacted their lives, the way they didn't understand or appreciate what was happening in their lives at the time, etc. They also touch on forgiveness and, perhaps, regrets. I'll just leave it at that.

It was so good to see them again, and even better to know they're both well and happy. Enjoy!

Tyesha Fluker: Former D1 & Retired WNBA player - Hoop Blessings

Last edited:
I loved Tye! She’s a bad mother Fluker don’t you know!!
SWG, on the other hand, was a POS and a cancer on the team. After hearing SWG say “f that bitch” in reference to Pat while waiting to board the flight home from St. Thomas following the Paradise Jam in 2005, I realized what a self-centered, ill-mannered, petulant brat she was. Just a few weeks later the cretin put self before team and left the program.

I loved Tye! She’s a bad mother Fluker don’t you know!!
SWG, on the other hand, was a POS and a cancer on the team. After hearing SWG say “f that bitch” in reference to Pat while waiting to board the flight home from St. Thomas following the Paradise Jam in 2005, I realized what a self-centered, ill-mannered, petulant brat she was. Just a few weeks later the cretin put self before team and left the program.

She was an immature child, made some dumb and bad decisions, and she clearly regrets them. I really hope you can forgive her someday. Believe me, few people not named Summitt or Head loved or respected Pat more than me, but I forgave her long ago. She was a dumb kid who listened to the wrong people and it cost her dearly. She knows that, and I guarantee you if she had her life to live over again she'd have hung on every word that came out of Pat's mouth.

She was an immature child, made some dumb and bad decisions, and she clearly regrets them. I really hope you can forgive her someday. Believe me, few people not named Summitt or Head loved or respected Pat more than me, but I forgave her long ago. She was a dumb kid who listened to the wrong people and it cost her dearly. She knows that, and I guarantee you if she had her life to live over again she'd have hung on every word that came out of Pat's mouth.

Exactly right. And to be brutally honest, when SWG transferred to Maryland her knees were pretty much done. Her transfer set the stage for the LVs signing JUCO sensation, Shannon Bobbitt, and the rest is history

Last edited:
If there were a thread titled Parents of Lady Vol Player - good and bad her dad would be higher than the unnamed west tennessee parents.

Reactions: Lady Vol Guru

VN Store

Back