Cool LV Story

BACKDOC

Well it all came to an end for my 81 yr. old Dad today at a Hospice facility in Nashville. He's the reason I'm a VFL. He was kinda out of his mind in his last days as many of us will be also. It was kinda funny, my niece was visiting him a few days ago, and when she asked him who do you love, his reply was Pat Summitt. So then when I went to see him at the hospital I was able to get to respond for a little while, but then he stopped. So then I asked him if he loved Pat Summitt, and he said yeah; that was the last thing he said to me. GBO.

Well it all came to an end for my 81 yr. old Dad today at a Hospice facility in Nashville. He's the reason I'm a VFL. He was kinda out of his mind in his last days as many of us will be also. It was kinda funny, my niece was visiting him a few days ago, and when she asked him who do you love, his reply was Pat Summitt. So then when I went to see him at the hospital I was able to get to respond for a little while, but then he stopped. So then I asked him if he loved Pat Summitt, and he said yeah; that was the last thing he said to me. GBO.
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

Attachments

• 2D5CB877-F042-40F9-A01D-6FA8C9A28231.jpeg
    2D5CB877-F042-40F9-A01D-6FA8C9A28231.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 7
Having had 3 family members in your father's situation, I can sympathize with you. The little things that transpired between you and your father will be fondly and mostly privately stored your mind for the rest of your days. You will learn to enjoy them when they are dredged up by something that is happening. As age creeps up on you, those memories will be ever more prominent in your thoughts, I know. So know that your father has traveled the path that you are now traveling, you should know that he is saying enjoy our times as I have enjoyed my times with my predecessors. We await you to continue or love of each other.

Reactions: rbjnet

VN Store

Back