Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

Per War Room, Weinke has a new contract waiting to be signed. If he doesn’t bite...and leaves? My first choice would be Tino Sunseri. He was an analyst last season and related well to recruits.

I can’t wrap my head around that honestly. He’s done wonders with QB nearly everywhere he’s been but this year was at best a head scratcher

well, he had a tough time trying to keep JG's head on straight this past season...anyone would...:D

PS. and I'm a big fan of JG...still, I'm not blind...;)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Um the DL improved quite a bit this year. Why do we need a new DL coach?

Because defensive line recruits keep mentioning that they like UT but dont have a good relationship with Rocker. If your not gotta help with recruiting much esp on the defensive line, the life blood of building a winning program, then we do not need you wasting our time or money. I'd much rather have someone that can coach and recruit not one or the other

If Rocker isn’t going to recruit, he should retire. The SEC is just too competitive to have position coaches not be top recruiters.
Where does the "Rucker can't recruit" narrative come from? For the 2020 cycle, the 247Sports recruiter rankings rate him higher than most of the coaches on Tennessee's staff including Friend, Jay Graham, Weinke , Rumph , Chaney and Niedermeyer. Here's the list.

2020 SEC Football Recruiter Rankings

Where does the "Rucker can't recruit" narrative come from? For the 2020 cycle, the 247Sports recruiter rankings rate him higher than most of the coaches on Tennessee's staff including Friend, Jay Graham, Weinke , Rumph , Chaney and Niedermeyer. Here's the list.

2020 SEC Football Recruiter Rankings

This list isnt quiet accurate. he was a secondary recruiter mostly not much of a primary one. 247 also doesnt list who commited to him.

1580497462425.png

but more specifically. Recruits like Peyton Page and Jay Hardy specifically stating that Tracy Rocker's lack of communication is part of why they are going elsewhere.

Reactions: Bigun

VN Store

Back