Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

Sara Clark

Don't know!

Someone on Twitter, reporter, mentioned they think Rocker may possibly retire. Weinke is a wait and see scenario. This was only a guess on his part.

I think Weinke is better in the pros
Rocker while he made great strides with the DL I feel like there was a lot left or areas we could have been a lot better.

I know CJP will fill 1 or both with the best available if he has to.

It will be interesting for sure to see how these position coaches contracts ply out. No loss IMO for losing Weinke

Right , fill the D- line coach with someone who can recruit / coach’em up and let’s roll . I would think having your OC be your QB coach would be a plus . I think JC is more than capable.

There is a rumor that he will move to an off field coaching staff position.

That was exactly what I was going to say - that way with the off field position, he could continue to do a lot of training but would not have the recruiting schedule and would get the family time he is seeking.

I can’t wrap my head around that honestly. He’s done wonders with QB nearly everywhere he’s been but this year was at best a head scratcher
I agree, but I think this year (and last year as well) is mostly on JG. He is an enigma in his own right. I think he has such a tendency to over-analyze plays as they're happening and with pre-snap reads that it sends him into panic mode once the play starts, which leads him into those situations where he either forces a throw and it's atrocious or he holds on to it too long and gets annihilated. We're super lucky that he doesn't have more lost fumbles and INTs. I don't think that's necessarily on CCW, because one has to assume he's coached JG to correct those things, yet they still aren't improving that much. I'd like to see us hang on to him a year or two into HB's tenure at QB and see what happens there with his development.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Rocker or Weinke go. I believe Coach Pruitt can bring in at least the same coaching ability but can drastically improve the team with new coaches who can recruit much, much better.

I think maybe Rocker has had his fill of the recruiting aspect and travel .. he did wonders with our DL this year ... but in this day and time .. you gotta do both ... he may be looking to retire ... but will miss his coaching abilities .. but maybe he does want to follow Son and watch baseball .. cant blame him ... I think its obvious the QB room has not been coached well .. enough said ...... go get somebody who can recruit and let him and Chaney coach the QB's together ...

I agree, but I think this year (and last year as well) is mostly on JG. He is an enigma in his own right. I think he has such a tendency to over-analyze plays as they're happening and with pre-snap reads that it sends him into panic mode once the play starts, which leads him into those situations where he either forces a throw and it's atrocious or he holds on to it too long and gets annihilated. We're super lucky that he doesn't have more lost fumbles and INTs. I don't think that's necessarily on CCW, because one has to assume he's coached JG to correct those things, yet they still aren't improving that much. I'd like to see us hang on to him a year or two into HB's tenure at QB and see what happens there with his development.

Oh boy blaming one guy for a sport that takes 21 others to succeed? Yeah that makes total sense.

VN Store

Back