Congratulations Lady Vols

was a carbon copy of last year with bobbitt and nicky coming up huge. they are my CO-MOP's. candance always wins MOP but without shannon and nicky stepping up, no way UT beats rutgers or stanford the last two years. just hope some of the new point guards coming in next year have the speed of shannon.

Well.. anosike got the MVP of the game... candace was the MVP of the final four...

Man, I'm going to miss these ladies they have brought real entertainment to women BB. Augusta you are awesome.
Holding Wiggins to 14 pts and no momentum was what won this game.
good luck ladies and thanks for giving your all.:dance2:

Man, I'm going to miss these ladies they have brought real entertainment to women BB. Augusta you are awesome.
Holding Wiggins to 14 pts and no momentum was what won this game.
good luck ladies and thanks for giving your all.:dance2:

Great game, Lady Vols! :dance2:

Has anyone been able to find the video of the "shining moments" and the last part when Candace said, "The End," online anywhere?

I have been a critic of Anosike because of her nonexistent offense for four years--but she was great in the tournament on /both/ ends of the floor. Congrats to her and the team--the Vols were too big and athletic for Stanford. After four years of doing nothing on offense, Anosike was a different player with the basketball in the last three games of her career--not only taking but making 12/15 foot jumpers, a reverse layup? Who was that girl? Suddenly, in the twilight of her career, it all clicked for her. I think Parker's injury was the catalyst--there must have been a sense that she HAD to shoot and be more aggressive offensively--and suddenly the fear and tentativeness that she's had since day one with the ball were gone. It was amazing to see. It was nice to see the Vols make shots in the first half to go with their smothering defense. Great win and championship.

Congrats to the evil empire for winning yet ANOTHER national title!!...Aurema has got to be just dying inside right now...We love our Lady VOLS!....The only REAL dynasty of basketball in the SEC!!...#8 and counting! :)

Congrats to the evil empire for winning yet ANOTHER national title!!...Aurema has got to be just dying inside right now...We love our Lady VOLS!....The only REAL dynasty of basketball in the SEC!!...#8 and counting! :)

thats UCONN, we're the good guys or good girls

Congrats to Pat and the Lady Vols...helluva season...Pat has one hell of an empire there on the hill.

. . .Ditto on the CONGRATS!! Man, that defense was awesome last night. . .!!

Now it's on to the recruiting trail.

. . .Ditto on the CONGRATS!! Man, that defense was awesome last night. . .!!

Now it's on to the recruiting trail.

she'll be recruiting for the 09 class since next years classs is complete. Does she really even have to recruit?

One heckuva season! The ladies earned this championship and it is well deserved! Congratulations!!!

Whew!! Just got back from Tampa. It was a great few days, except for the drive down. I felt very confident about the final game after seeing Stanford struggle against the pressure put on by UCONN late in the game. It was the first time I wasn't really nervous about a championship game. The only downer was Vickie going down with the knee. I just hope it's not bad. I haven't heard anything because we were on the road. No. 8 in 08 felt good. Going for 9 in 09 will be a lot tougher.

VN Store

Back