Congrats, Vols

Pitt played with great heart and resilsince. Slovis looked impressive. Thanks for honoring Johnny Majors. The man was a great one and he possibly made a big mistake leaving Pitt in 1977.

I'm happy with the win. I hope this game makes us tougher, physically and mentally. I believe we're going to need to be much better moving forward, particularly upfront, to have a chance to knock off one of the big boys.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
You have a good team, Pitt fan. We don't take this win for granted; you made us earn it.

Here's how I see it:

The Vols went on the road and beat the ranked, defending ACC champion at their place. We outlasted them in a physical game, and our defense really stepped up. We now know we have a quality pass rush, and a quickly improving run defense.

The Panthers had zero quit in them. Hobbling second-string QBs and an offensive line with more leg injuries than the chicken we ate for dinner. But no quit. Fighting and swinging right to the final play. And just about pulled out a W.

Back to the Vols: ball security needs to be emphasized this week in practice. Maybe 85 guys carrying the ball under their arm from the minute they wake up each day until they turn out the lights at night, Monday to Thursday.

Other than that, and Burrell being beat too often for comfort, we have a great deal to be pleased with. We're ready for Florida; Pitt is the better team of those two. And it is entirely possible we will be 5-0 going into the Third Saturday of October. If our defense plays the next few games as they did today, and our offense wakes up again, we will.

Really pleased. Great day today for the Volunteers. Really impressed with the Panthers.

Go Vols!

I am very pleased with my Panthers.

Backup QB and 2 missed FGs and still took it to OT.

Go win the rest, guys.
Trash group of Midwestern wanna be yankees.

effed up tickets in an a NFL stadium.

**** concecesssions.

Pure trash.

Pitt played with great heart and resilsince. Slovis looked impressive. Thanks for honoring Johnny Majors. The man was a great one and he possibly made a big mistake leaving Pitt in 1977.
Majors should have never been in Pitt. Woodruff should have hired him in 1970.

Nice not being the ones this time with the morale W. This time it’s for real!!

Go win the rest, guys.

Pitt is a very tough and athletic team, well coached. Pittsburgh is a great and welcoming city. Hope everyone heals up and you have a lot of success going forward.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

Go win the rest, guys.
Most of you Pitt fans are a class act. Just my opinion but you guys are welcome here anytime.

Some games are described as "neither team deserved to lose". Yesterday, "neither team deserved to win in regulation." So it fittingly came down to overtime, which TN clearly won on offense and defense. Tough outcome for Pitt.

I personally don’t think your steak sandwich’s are all that special.

But your Amish country is pretty amazing.

Great respect to your QBs who were willing to step into it and release even when it was clear it was going to be a hard hit. Its what you are supposed to do of course but after the 3 or 4th hit, it gets hard to ignore that 235lbs of rage coming your way.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back