Congrats to Vol Nation

View attachment 426710

Y'all are so triggered by me being mean to an opposing fan. I'll own it though, I was in a shid mood. Anyway, we did have a guy declare in the nadir of the last coaching search that he could no longer be a Vol fan because we embarassed him so, and that he was just going to become a full time fan of Oklahoma, because they'd always been his second favorite team. This is probably that guy coming back.

The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him in the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk, but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
I wish some of you guys would take up for our players and our program with the same zest you defend rival newbs.
I think they can take up for themselves...They don't need our defending them...I quote Lemmy from Motorhead "Manners are free"

Y'all need to be worried about yourselves. Losing Riley to USC, lots of decommits, heading to the SEC, it may not be the rear view mirror you are seeing the dark years in before long.
Class reply to a very nice post from a fan of another program.

Oh, we have interest in pointing out the turd on the carpet in our living room. Our lack of interest concerns making you happy. Try to keep up.
I haven't attempted to control anyone's behavior on here, I'm just not going to grovel and accept rhetorical handouts from Oklahoma fans or anyone else.

View attachment 426710

Y'all are so triggered by me being mean to an opposing fan. I'll own it though, I was in a shid mood. Anyway, we did have a guy declare in the nadir of the last coaching search that he could no longer be a Vol fan because we embarassed him so, and that he was just going to become a full time fan of Oklahoma, because they'd always been his second favorite team. This is probably that guy coming back.

Actually, I am a first time poster on this Board and certainly have to own up to misspelling Heupel’s name. That wasn’t really astute on my part, so my apologies. I grew up in Oklahoma and am an OU alum. Been in the Army for going on about 30 years now. A lot of my family are from Tennessee and I’ve followed Vol football since I was a kid. Became a true fan when Tennessee beat Miami in1985, which put OU in the National Title game—the best of both worlds for me. I despised Miami like everyone else did. Tennessee is my team in the SEC—at least until OU arrives in a couple of years. By then, the Army will be in my rear view mirror and I’ll hopefully be able to make some Vol games in person. (Hopefully, you will embrace my Sooners more than the Longhorns, another team I love to hate.) I had the privilege of attending the OU/Tenn game in Norman, but missed the classic slugfest in Knoxville. Baker made us proud that night, but we were lucky to get that win. Tennessee fans in Norman were the best. Joined the Board to become involved and give you folks a little insight on our coach who I have followed for many years as a player and a coach. Whether you agree with my opinion or not, I stand by my original post. Wasn’t intended to be a pity party, just a statement of fact on the future of Vol football as I believe it to be. Go Sooners. Go Vols.

Last edited:
Actually, I am a first time poster on this Board and certainly have to own up to misspelling Heupel’s name. That wasn’t really astute on my part, so my apologies. I grew up in Oklahoma and am an OU alum. Been in the Army for going on about 30 years now. A lot of my family are from Tennessee and I’ve followed Vol football since I was a kid. Became a true fan when Tennessee beat Miami in1985, which put OU in the National Title game—the best of both worlds for me. I despised Miami like everyone else did. Tennessee is my team in the SEC—at least until OU arrives in a couple of years. By then, the Army will be in my rear view mirror and I’ll hopefully be able to make some Vol games in person. (Hopefully, you will embrace my Sooners more than the Longhorns, another team I love to hate.) I had the privilege of attending the OU/Tenn game in Norman, but missed the classic slugfest in Knoxville. Baker made us proud that night, but we were lucky to get that win. Tennessee fans in Norman were the best. Joined the Board to become involved and give you folks a little insight on our coach who I have followed for many years as a player and a coach. Whether you agree with my opinion or not, I stand by my original post. Wasn’t intended to be a pity party, just a statement of fact on the future of Vol football as I believe it to be. Go Sooners. Go Vols.
Fair enough. Thank you for your service. I do generally pull for OU against UTjr. and will against Bama, UGA and Florida as well.

VN Store

Back