Congrats to Nkamhoua

1. Nkamhoua didn't have a spot on this roster but still drove from Ann Arbor to sit with the team when they scrimmaged @MSU.

2. Wisconsin losing @Michigan only hurts Tennessee's resume.

Terrible thread, be better.

Pretty cool, wasn't aware of that. I met Nkamhoua and his dad in NYC when we played Maryland last season. Both great people, I wish him the best.

1. Nkamhoua didn't have a spot on this roster but still drove from Ann Arbor to sit with the team when they scrimmaged @MSU.

2. Wisconsin losing @Michigan only hurts Tennessee's resume.

Terrible thread, be better.
1. Those schools are 49 miles apart. ON wasn’t forced out at UT. He was planning to play professionally in Europe but got a good enough offer to entice him to play at Michigan.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
1. Those schools are 49 miles apart. ON wasn’t forced out at UT. He was planning to play professionally in Europe but got a good enough offer to entice him to play at Michigan.
Still shows he's supportive of his former teammates and University. I don't think he was forced out either but a mutual decision when there wouldn't be a scholarship spot for him, yes. Even JJJ getting a scholarship spot required Ledlum to dip and came as late as possible.

I just don't get the schadenfreude for a guy that didn't do anything wrong while we have one of the best basketball teams we've had as a program. Just strikes me as odd.

He’s having a good year. Stinks his team isn’t very good but hes getting more minutes than he would have at UT and he’s making the most of it. Stop being petty.

Reactions: Marquis and wmcovol
I think it’s the opposite…
We want teams we have beaten (or lost to I guess) to win games.
I think that logic only applies as long as we’re not directly competing with them for seeding. We want everyone on the top 3 seed lines to lose. We’d prefer it be the ones we haven’t played and are currently ahead of us that lose, but we’ve played about half of them so any of them losing helps.

Supposedly wasn’t invited back. He’s having a very good season.
This isn’t knocking the kid, but he could be a role player on a great team or a impact player for a mediocre team. If he were here he’d probably be averaging 8 and 4. And the 8 would come from an 18 point game, a 6 point game, and a 0 point game. Or something like that.

He’s having a good year. Stinks his team isn’t very good but hes getting more minutes than he would have at UT and he’s making the most of it. Stop being petty.
Agree, he’s a great player for a mediocre team, and he would’ve been a role player for a great team here, but he’s getting to highlight his skillset more at UM, and I hope that translates into getting at least a cup of coffee in the nba. If Bama claims Hurts, we can claim ORN, right? Haha. I’m rooting for the man big time. Had arguably the greatest performance for a Tennessee player in NCAA tournament history, and I’ll always be grateful to him for that.

Reactions: Marquis and SDV
Michigan has a losing record at 8-15. They would have to win the Big 10 tournament to get into the Big Dance. That isn't happening. He transferred to a team that gives him more minutes and more shots and stat wise he is doing fine. But he clearly isn't impacting their ability to win. Had some great moments at UT but you wonder if he is questioning his decision retrospectively looking at UT as a Top 5 team.
You mean he is questioning Barnes' decision to not allow him back.

You mean he is questioning Barnes' decision to not allow him back.
Thats not how it went down though. It was, “look, you’re going to be a solid role player next year and we need you to be a star in that role with a positive attitude and if you can do that, great, but if not, or if you’re looking to be the go-to guy, you’ll have to look for that opportunity elsewhere.”

Reactions: Namorto1
I think that logic only applies as long as we’re not directly competing with them for seeding. We want everyone on the top 3 seed lines to lose. We’d prefer it be the ones we haven’t played and are currently ahead of us that lose, but we’ve played about half of them so any of them losing helps.
How? It hurts our strength of schedule and our RPI . I’d rather Wisky be as high as they can get without passing us in any metrics

Reactions: whodeycin85
How? It hurts our strength of schedule and our RPI . I’d rather Wisky be as high as they can get without passing us in any metrics
Unless they just fall apart, they are going to be high. We already have a top 10 SOS, and that road win can’t fall out of being a Q1 win.

We do not beat Duke and make the Sweet 16 without Olivier…simple as that. I love him for that performance and he has plenty of other top notch performances as well although very inconsistent. I would have liked him to be on this team, I feel he could have provided real value in games like Miss st. and even South Carolina where their big ban just continuously backed us down in the paint. I understand the thought process of giving his spot to a newcomer but I hope we do not regret having one more capable big body in March for freshman like Phillips who has no chance of playing meaningful minutes this season.

Yeah. That’s the optimal. The question is how many losses you think they need to make sure they don’t pass us. We’ve got a tough end to our schedule so I don’t mind having a little buffer. One more win for them isn’t increasing our RPI enough to matter anyway.

Clown thread. I don't think it was his choice on returning. Be more appreciative bc we lose to Duke last year without him.
Karl Malone 2.0 v Duke, TX, and USCjr last year. Then there was the head scratches the rest of the year. Good kid I believe.

He was awesome vs Duke ..... He does nothing but take shots away from Knecht this year though.
Yep. It can both be true that he was excellent against Duke and Texas last year, but also true that his wild inconsistency hurt the team at times. We don’t make the Sweet 16 without him. But we also beat FAU and make the Elite 8 if he’d showed a pulse in that game.

Ultimately, I think he’s a good kid and he gave us some good memories…but both he and Tennessee are better off with him at Michigan this year.

VN Store

Back