Congrats Jordan on being named MVP

VA_VOLFAN

While this might not be the biggest news on this board I want to congratulate Jordan on her MVP at the McDonalds All American game! She has skills and a mid range jumper... I know many of the recent recruits couldn’t shoot with range however it was pretty cool in the state semifinal game Jordan shot like 5/7 from the 3...

She learned about Holly during the game WHICH SUCKS for that young lady but says she will need time to sleep on it and digest the news.

Tennessee recruit Jordan Horston wins MVP at McDonald's All American Games

Also Tamari Key was the MVP of the North Carolina vs South Carolina All Stars!

Horston on Holly's firing:

"I love Tennessee, and I love Holly," she said. "I guess I'll have to sleep on this whole situation. I really don't want to talk about it."

Hopefully everyone stays and gives their all to the new incoming coach. At the end of the day it’s all about restoring what has been lost for the past few years! And I hope they’re up to making it happen!

Congrats to Miss Jordan Horston! Wish I knew the game was on and someone gave us a reminder. Then I could have DVR’d it. I think she stays with us. She would be smart to because we’re going to get a top knotch coach. They had mentioned she really hit it off with Massengill. I think it was Jaz who hosted her here..?

I didn’t get to see the game but heard she looked great. Super cool that she was MVP!

I can’t wait to see how much better she’ll make the Lady Vols next season. People might as well get ready to start filling TBA again, ‘cause it’s about to get exciting in Knoxville! :D

Reactions: dtnvol and ksl415
She said a few weeks ago she was committed firmly I believe. I highly doubt Holly was the thing that made her want to come here.

If she was, then IDC how talented you are I question your judgement.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
For those that missed the game and would like to catch it / DVR they’ll be re-airing it early in the AM.
March 28 - ESPNU - 1am - 230 am (PST)

She said a few weeks ago she was committed firmly I believe. I highly doubt Holly was the thing that made her want to come here.

If she was, then IDC how talented you are I question your judgement.

Highly doubt she leaves. I’m sure she’s been in contact with some of the current players.

The game itself was butt ugly....Jordan showed her driving to the goal abilities....She flowed/floated up and down the court and made some very good passes...Her jump shot needs work (her words)...She will develop into a very good college player.

Reactions: Rixxx
Smooth was also the word that came to my mind watching the game yesterday. She should have had more assists except her teammates couldn't catch the ball or finish.

Reactions: GameTime
While this might not be the biggest news on this board I want to congratulate Jordan on her MVP at the McDonalds All American game! She has skills and a mid range jumper... I know many of the recent recruits couldn’t shoot with range however it was pretty cool in the state semifinal game Jordan shot like 5/7 from the 3...

She learned about Holly during the game WHICH SUCKS for that young lady but says she will need time to sleep on it and digest the news.

Tennessee recruit Jordan Horston wins MVP at McDonald's All American Games

Also Tamari Key was the MVP of the North Carolina vs South Carolina All Stars!

I watched that game and the i will tell you the post players on East and West are overrated Key can deal with any of them,

I watched that game and the i will tell you the post players on East and West are overrated Key can deal with any of them,

I hope she keeps the ball high she looks like she has decent hands from the vids I’ve seen. River Baldwin and the Stanford girl weren’t all that overly impressive... HOWEVER it was def more of a guards game

Reactions: GameTime
I hope she keeps the ball high she looks like she has decent hands from the vids I’ve seen. River Baldwin and the Stanford girl weren’t all that overly impressive... HOWEVER it was def more of a guards game

Key keeps the ball high also as you said Stanford girl weren’t all that overly impressive. And make this year game worst to me they loaded up the East with nothing but guards and wing players. I will say this Sharrona Reaves is a hell of a recruiter and she will be missed.

Watching the butt ugly All Star game, was at times, similar to some of the recent LV games....They had no offensive flow...Defense was spotty at best....The 3 point shot was very hard for these girls....

Horton had a good third quarter, but she needs lots of work as well....She will need a coach that knows offense to bring out her better self......Defense will have to be taught to all the All Stars....

Hope we get a coach that understands modern day basketball, on both ends of the court.

Watching the butt ugly All Star game, was at times, similar to some of the recent LV games....They had no offensive flow...Defense was spotty at best....The 3 point shot was very hard for these girls....

Horton had a good third quarter, but she needs lots of work as well....She will need a coach that knows offense to bring out her better self......Defense will have to be taught to all the All Stars....

Hope we get a coach that understands modern day basketball, on both ends of the court.
Don't put a lot of stock in that game. It's more for fun than actual competition.

She looked FABULOUS...Smooth.

I would think someone from the university would be talking in person with her tomorrow....Even one or more of our girls will be speaking with her....

Don't let this one get away....Recovery would be much quicker with her here.

I would be willing to bet that even with her dismissal, Holly has been in touch with the recruits asking them to keep their commitment to Tennessee.

Just finished watching the game. I know this is similar to an all star game so it’s a lot of one on one, no ones really playing lock down defense. Very impressive with Horston. All around game. She scored in a variety of ways; driving to the hole, she has very soft touch, her passes to the post were spot on to the post, nice crossover.
She’s tall, but fairly thin, she’ll need to get in the weight room, her defense could be better. But Overall I am super excited to have her on our team and hope she stays.
Horston says she compares her game to Magic & Penny Hardaway (Orlando Magic).

I was also very impressed with Rickea Jackson. She is going to be special. She reminds me of a taller Sheryl Swoopes. Her length, the way she shoots and plays is very reminiscent of her.

Haley Jones, the #1 ranked HS player, seemed to be pressing. There were a lot of solid players; Bruenelle (ND), Miller (Maryland), Belibi (Stanford).

VN Store

Back