Congrats!! And a few post game thoughts...

You are wrong, sorry but you are. You can spin how you want to and I have watched it twice. The reason and I will spell it out once again for you and I apologize for yelling but trying to get my point across... HE LOST IT DO TO THE REF"S ALLOWING CJH to get the TO called when the play clock was at ZERO. And yes the TV did show if and if you doubt me hit up you tube sir. Not going to argue with you but the proof is in the pudding and you're wrong about why he lost it.

Trust me because the media has already hashed this out and the consensus is all the same. Time out call with the play clock at ZERO. He thought it should have been a delay of game and this made him lose it. But what you don't see WHICH you said you were there CJH was by the official when he called the TO and the ref was late giving UT the TO. Grasp it now? I can't explain it better so YOU can understand.

Oh and BTW ' are free. Feel free to use them.
I'm not going to youtube when I was 30 yards from Napier. Also think we are kind of arguing the same thing, but then you went all grammar police and I dont care anymore.

Vol fans have been TOO patient while our ****** former ADs refused open up the bank and hire a real coach.

If we were more patient then Butch might still be here. Scary to think about actually.

We literally struck gold by sniping UCF's AD and football coach. Who would have ever thought.

Both are absolute gems though and Tennessee better damn well start paying both more barring a total collapse this year or something.

Lawgator, you've always been a good poster on this site. I enjoy your take on things and normally you are very even handed in what you post. However, this game must have really hurt you. Your point #3 is very snarky in a passive/aggressive way.

It is clear at this point, the Vols program is in better shape than your's with Heupel a much better coach than Napier. As pointed out earlier, the Vols are still dealing with a depleted roster and overall the Gators have more talent on hand right now. Vols are a hot team right now with recruits with top 3 QBs committed in the next two classes. It's gonna get better on Rocky Top.

I'm not saying the Big Orange is back (defense will accout for 2 or 3 losses this year) but I sure wouldn't want trade places or coaches with Florida at this point.
His point number 3 is a bit perplexing. Maybe it’s recency bias? Hubris? Bias? Wishful thinking?

It would be silly to expect the Tenn / FL game results to continue to be as lopsided as they’ve been the last 15 years. It would be reasonable to expect a regression to the long term mean. It appears that a shift is afoot in Knoxville, so if not now, when?

My point is related to the theory that UT has "turned the corner" in the rivalry and expects to win on a regular basis versus UF (let's define that as winning 3 out of 5 consecutive games). And my point is that I am not sold on that.

While you have the better team this year, that is largely in my view a product of having Hooker. After that? And over the next year or two or three, who is in a better position to recruit solidly (both in terms of elites plus depth)? I think Florida is in a much better position, moving forward.

So when we talk about winning 3 out of 5, right now my own perception is that UF is far more likely to do that than UT is. I recognize that Huepuel has done a very good job there, even excellent, getting the program in shape. But UF is as down as it has been in awhile, post Mullen not recruiting worth a damn, and that is clearly a priority of Napier.

So while certainly both programs are moving in the right direction, I do think UF has the most potential, the most upside over the next few years, than does UT. Just my honest opinion.

Lawgator, you've always been a good poster on this site. I enjoy your take on things and normally you are very even handed in what you post. However, this game must have really hurt you. Your point #3 is very snarky in a passive/aggressive way.

It is clear at this point, the Vols program is in better shape than your's with Heupel a much better coach than Napier. As pointed out earlier, the Vols are still dealing with a depleted roster and overall the Gators have more talent on hand right now. Vols are a hot team right now with recruits with top 3 QBs committed in the next two classes. It's gonna get better on Rocky Top.

I'm not saying the Big Orange is back (defense will accout for 2 or 3 losses this year) but I sure wouldn't want trade places or coaches with Florida at this point.

Just keep your opinion of LG restricted to the sports forums. If you pick up LG over in Politics, you'll be scratching your head. lol. But, as an opposing fan on this UT site, his football discussions are straight up, and sensible and always respectful.

Reactions: Backwards K
My point is related to the theory that UT has "turned the corner" in the rivalry and expects to win on a regular basis versus UF (let's define that as winning 3 out of 5 consecutive games). And my point is that I am not sold on that.

While you have the better team this year, that is largely in my view a product of having Hooker. After that? And over the next year or two or three, who is in a better position to recruit solidly (both in terms of elites plus depth)? I think Florida is in a much better position, moving forward.

So when we talk about winning 3 out of 5, right now my own perception is that UF is far more likely to do that than UT is. I recognize that Huepuel has done a very good job there, even excellent, getting the program in shape. But UF is as down as it has been in awhile, post Mullen not recruiting worth a damn, and that is clearly a priority of Napier.

So while certainly both programs are moving in the right direction, I do think UF has the most potential, the most upside over the next few years, than does UT. Just my honest opinion.
On the 247 talent composite Florida is significantly ahead of UT. Not only has our recruiting been down, but we lost a ton of tranfers when Pruit left. I think UT and FLA will both finish in the top 15 this year in recruiting, but we need a few years to catch up talent wise. This year FLA had more talent, but UT out played the gators due to scheme/qb play. Defense is less about scheme, and more about talent/ beating your man. Our defense has a long way to go, and only recruiting can fix it.

Lol. I lost respect for your opinion when you wanted to talk about how down Florida is. They still have more depth and talent than UT right now. Mullen didn’t recruit fantastic, but when Pruitt left our team was in shambles. What heupel has done in just two seasons is nothing short of a miracle. And if we manage to get to 10 wins this year, recruiting will start to snowball.

Some of what you said may come to fruition or it simply will not. Three things are for sure Butch, Dools, and Pruitt are no longer leading UT’s program. Heupel has shown that he can coach up players even with a depleted roster that he inherited last year. All signs show he is ahead of schedule in 2022. I am not convinced UT is a top ten team even though that is where we are ranked. Who knows, maybe we finish the season that high. It will be interesting to see how both teams look once AR and HH get drafted. I was impressed with Napiers aggressive approach and he appears to be a solid hire but time will tell. The days of UF penciling in a win against UT before the game is played are over.

I'm not going to youtube when I was 30 yards from Napier. Also think we are kind of arguing the same thing, but then you went all grammar police and I dont care anymore.

I don't care how close you were to CBN but I have DVR and zoom and saw everything in real time as you say you did. I don't want to argue I'm sorry! We are both Orange so lets drop this. Doesn't solve anything sir...... Take care sir....

Sorry sir I apoligize being an english and history major. Hard to break old habits, My bad sir!

Sorry sir I apoligize being an english and history major. Hard to break old habits, My bad sir!

* apologize
** English
*** punctuation??

Get a refund for that degree in English!

I apologize in advance. I wanted to stop myself, but I could not do it.

* apologize
** English
*** punctuation??

Get a refund for that degree in English!

I apologize in advance. I wanted to stop myself, but I could not do it.

So sorry sir, does that make you feel better?

And really what was your problem?

And I and O are next to each other... a typo and you're being petty!. Didn't even catch it sir

Last edited:
So sorry sir, does that make you feel better?

And really what was your problem?

And I and O are next to each other... a typo and you're being petty!. Didn't even catch it sir

No, it was only a joke. Given that you had grammar policed someone I thought you would get it. I apologize. If I knew you were sensitive about it I would not have posted. Have a good one!

VN Store

Back