Confirmed: Peterman transferring to Pitt

Kid was a model STUDENT-ATHLETE. He earned his degree and now wants to go try and play some football at a school where he might have a chance to see the field. I have no problem whatsoever with it.

I tell you this, I consider Nathan VFL a hell of a lot more than Tyler Bray.

Reactions: 6 people
I think it's a bad move but I wish him well. I will always consider him a VFL. I hope he realized he was one play away from being the starter. Now he must go compete against a new group with only one year of eligibility left. Again wish him the best.

Wishing him success in his last year playing collegiate ball and thanks to him for suiting up for to Vols while he did.

Reactions: 1 person
Kid was a model STUDENT-ATHLETE. He earned his degree and now wants to go try and play some football at a school where he might have a chance to see the field. I have no problem whatsoever with it.

I tell you this, I consider Nathan VFL a hell of a lot more than Tyler Bray.

X 1000!! Great kid, had some bad luck on the execution end when he got his chance. Hope he excels at Pitt. Chaney may help him a lot.

Chaney assessed his situation at Pitt and thought Peterman was the best available immediate option as Voytik's backup. Has to be the best for Peterman also. Maybe the less hectic change in scenery will get the best out of him.

The guy made the right decision for himself. I wish him nothing but the best. I suspect he will get considerably more playing time at Pitt than he could expect with the Vols.

Maybe a dumb question, does he have to sit out next year?

Since he has graduated, which everyone should have known by now, and it is also well know that NCAA rules allow grad transfers to play immediately, I will let you decide if your question was dumb.

I think things just fell in line for Peterman. Chaney makes the move to Pitt, who recruited him to Tennessee to play in his system. And even though what we saw of Peterman's game was not what we expect, he must have been doing something right in practice, or he would have never seen the field.

This fall, if the opportunity presents itself, I will watch Pitt play this year. Maybe, just maybe, Peterman will bloom into the QB he was touted to be. It's probably a long shot, but sometime a change works wonders.

I think it's a bad move but I wish him well. I will always consider him a VFL. I hope he realized he was one play away from being the starter. Now he must go compete against a new group with only one year of eligibility left. Again wish him the best.
He was a redshirt sophomore this year. Does he lose a year if he transfers after he graduates?

Ive never wanted to see someone on another team succeed more than I do Nathan Peterman. I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he starts and wins every game until he loses to us in the national championship.
I hope that he wins the Natl Championship.

Win-win scenario I think. I hope Peterman has a "Dan Marino" type season at Pitt while Dobbs has a Peyton Manning winning Superbowl type season!

Peterman: VFL-Panther

Ive never wanted to see someone on another team succeed more than I do Nathan Peterman. I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he starts and wins every game until he loses to us in the national championship.

Absolutely agree.

VN Store

Back