Confirmed: Peterman transferring to Pitt

You guys are cracking me up. I can remember VN melting down every time Peterman went into a game. Even when it was hinted at that he may play, everyone cried to the heavens that he wouldn't see the field.

Now all I am saying is that our football team will be better at the QB position. There isn't much debate there in my mind. Again, not personal. I hope he does well at Pitt. I just don't see the problem, with being excited that he has graduated (good for him) and is that I will never have to worry about him coming in and folding up like a cheap lawn chair again.

I really am having a hard time seeing how there's something wrong with me for wanting our team to be better.
If that was your intent you sure could have said it a different way! Peterman did his best and was "thrown in" difficult games! Peterman made our team better! You need to think about your choice of words especially when you talk about a classy guy like Peterman!

Reactions: 3 people
You guys are cracking me up. I can remember VN melting down every time Peterman went into a game. Even when it was hinted at that he may play, everyone cried to the heavens that he wouldn't see the field.

Now all I am saying is that our football team will be better at the QB position. There isn't much debate there in my mind. Again, not personal. I hope he does well at Pitt. I just don't see the problem, with being excited that he has graduated (good for him) and is that I will never have to worry about him coming in and folding up like a cheap lawn chair again.

I really am having a hard time seeing how there's something wrong with me for wanting our team to be better.

It is the context of your post. I am all for making our team better but I will root for the ones who decide to transfer to better themselves or get more playimg time.

Peterman is leaving on good terms and has been nothing but a solid role model both on and off the field and has represented this university well.

Reactions: 2 people
If that was your intent you sure could have said it a different way! Peterman did his best and was "thrown in" difficult games! Peterman made our team better! You need to think about your choice of words especially when you talk about a classy guy like Peterman!

I can handle that criticism. I agree that Peterman took a bunch of abuse (a lot of it merited). I do hope he does well. "Good riddance" was strong language. Not representing what I really meant. Solid guy. Not a good QB.

Reactions: 1 person
Others have said this but it bears repeating. Nate is a fine young man who gave his all for Tennessee in whatever capacity he was asked, represented the university with class, graduated and is VFL. He may not have been the best player but few are. Nate stuck with the program unlike a lot of others who supposedly have a higher pedigree. His coaches give him kudos and VolNation should, too. I wish him well in whatever he does.

This is how you treat a graduate and former player. Very well said. :good!:

I can handle that criticism. I agree that Peterman took a bunch of abuse (a lot of it merited). I do hope he does well. "Good riddance" was strong language. Not representing what I really meant. Solid guy. Not a good QB.

I think you have apologized enough and explained that it was just a poor choice of words. VN should move on and stop quoting your post over and over.

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't Voytik the starter there? I think he plays the same role there as he did here. So why transfer
The fans aren't as mean, and he starts fresh with no baggage. If he is second string, he is one play away from getting in the game, just like here.

One other reason is because Jim Chaney, who was his first OC at U.T. is now at Pitt as the OC and QB coach. Chaney obviously believes in him, and that should give him some confidence.

Last edited:
Isn't Voytik the starter there? I think he plays the same role there as he did here. So why transfer

This. Unless Voytik sh*** the bed with the new offense, Peterman will be watching. There is the possibility of him playing better if Voytik goes down though.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting our team to be better, it's the "insult" in which you put it.

Listen, I can't speak for everyone here but as for me, I didn't want Nate running our "O". I think he is better suited for a pro style traditional offense where he would be under center takin snaps and flinging the ball down field and handing it off to the TB.

With that being said he was a VOL, he put in long hours in the film room and on the practice field. He represented the unniversity great on and off the field with class. He never brought any trouble to our program and he was a heck of a leader on the side lines supporting our starters who had beaten him out and not once whined about it or started threatining to transfer or askin for releases.

He ground it out got his degree and gave his all for his team and team mates!

It's a bitter sweet ending, hate to see him go cause he was a great role model for our young guys, but am very happy for him and this oppurtunity to play for the OC that recruited him to our beloved Unniversity.

Reactions: 4 people

The more you talk the dumber you sound...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back