Confession/Callout? Who melted down on VN the first half??

I got mad after Kamara dropped the swing pass and we lined up for a FG - left the fam in sec. G and walked out onto the south concourse and just gazed at the lazy river.

Didn't get back to my seat until the exact moment Dobbs threw that pick in the red zone. ::sigh::

Glad I stayed in place.

Thank you Sprint!!

At halftime, I was trying to open a new thread about who our next coach would be, but couldn't get a signal inside Neyland. Would've been quite embarrassing if it had actually posted.

I'll admit I lost faith. I turned it off and went to paint the bathroom. Came back right after halftime and watched the comeback beat down. Ate my crow last night.

Thank you Sprint!!

At halftime, I was trying to open a new thread about who our next coach would be, but couldn't get a signal inside Neyland. Would've been quite embarrassing if it had actually posted.

Lol

Already stated in the official thread that I had given up and then apologized. I still believe that 102,000 booing fans at halftime made the difference in attitude in the second half. At 57 years young, I've watched more Tennessee games than many. I rank that comeback up there with the Miracle at Southbend under Johnny Majors.

Confession...I was stuck at work and didn't have a clue how bad it was. If I had known, I would have been here crying like a b*tch. It's because I love my Vols and it hurts deeply when they play poorly.

Reactions: 1 person
I was more or less in shock. Usually would have lashed out but just did not feel like it. Numb. When we scored I felt like we would make a game of it.

Reactions: 1 person
I was so annoyed with the first half that I started reading a book and ignoring the second. Every time I'd pick up the book something good would happen. I think I read the same paragraph 25 times. By the 4th I was so stressed out that I just hid under a blanket praying the clock would move faster.

This is me hanging out having a coronary over the damn clock.

Attachments

• 14462860_10157510968625188_1419536342030164587_n.jpg
    14462860_10157510968625188_1419536342030164587_n.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3
I was at the game I actually didn't melt down the 12th man made a huge difference 2nd half Florida was disrupted by it at times

I melted here, I melted to my friends and I melted on any social media outlet I could and you know what, I'm not sorry. Anyone that was optimistic or happy during the first half is brain damagd. We have played like garbage for about 75% of the season and the first half was a glaing example that this team and staff still doesn't come ready to play. We can't win big with this style of get behind and play catchup. I am as happy as I have ever been to be wrong about how I thought the game would play out though, but at the end of the day we got a huge monkey off our back. Still not ready to claim us SEC east Champs.

I was unfazed by the first half because I expected it. The second half was unbelievable.

My thoughts today:

Great win and I'm proud the men hung in there and played until the end.

Does this mean I have ALL confidence in Butch? Not yet. Step in the right direction? DEFINITELY!

If the defense adjusted at Shoop's direction, then wow!!! What a great hire. Tennessee making halftime adjustments has never existed lol!

During the first half the play call selection was actually very good but the players felt the pressure to win and played tight and didn't execute.

I have been a (as they call it on here) a negavol and I'm not apologizing because Tennessee hasn't given us too much to be positive about. Hopefully they turned the corner yesterday. I

I'm not completely sold on Butch but I credit him for not having ever lost the team and that's huge especially after last years letdowns. I like Butch. I think he's good for the players. Let's see how they respond after a much deserved and emotional win.

GO BIG ORANGE!

I melted here, I melted to my friends and I melted on any social media outlet I could and you know what, I'm not sorry. Anyone that was optimistic or happy during the first half is brain damagd. We have played like garbage for about 75% of the season and the first half was a glaing example that this team and staff still doesn't come ready to play. We can't win big with this style of get behind and play catchup. I am as happy as I have ever been to be wrong about how I thought the game would play out though, but at the end of the day we got a huge monkey off our back. Still not ready to claim us SEC east Champs.

That's how I feel too.

I'm extremely happy and relieved they won and finally beat Florida.

However, watching the Vols this year feels like going to anywhere with my sister. She always fiddles around and leaves at the last possible minute, even to the airport, and barely gets to places on time. It drives me nuts. She says she's never been late anywhere, but she's always a traffic jam, or road construction, or a couple red lights away from being late. Her luck is going to run out eventually and she's going to miss a flight or something. Likewise, the Vols have put it in gear late in every game this year and, to their credit, they have won them all. But if they keep doing that, it's eventually going to catch up with them. They can't even afford to continue these sluggish starts against even teams like Kentucky or Missouri, let alone somebody like A&M or Bama.

Hopefully the second half of the Florida game will give them confidence that they can call the plays and execute the plays. It looked like a whole different team from the previous 7 halves.

I thought UT had unintentionally sandbagged Florida and they were overconfident at half.

I knew we had the talent, but poor play-calling was choking us. When our tight, unimaginative offensive coaches loosen the reigns and open the playbook, good things happen.

I didn't do it on here but I was losing my mind.it got so bad my girlfriend left and didn't come hom til she found out we won. 😁😁

I saw several Vol fans leaving at halftime, but more Gator fans. As hot as it was that 1st half in Z12, no shade at all, we stuck it out. Best experience I've had at a game. It just feels so damn good to beat them.

I did, and anyone with a competitive orange pulse did also. Some were more intense than others.
The 100,000 at the game were vocalizing their meltdown. We waited all year for THIS?
Woke some azzes up IMO........

That being said, KUDOS to the team and coaches!

Show everyone what you are made of and put it together for ALL four quarters!

KICK SOME GA AZZ! GBO!

VN Store

Back