Complete utter disgrace

The idea that the media hates us is ridiculous...always has been. In fact it's the complete opposite. This team....THIS team was ranked 6th in the country....and we've got guys saying media hates us? I'll never buy that again. All we have to do is show the slightest signs of.....anything and the media is all over us.

Reactions: Flovol
The idea that the media hates us is ridiculous...always has been. In fact it's the complete opposite. This team....THIS team was ranked 6th in the country....and we've got guys saying media hates us? I'll never buy that again. All we have to do is show the slightest signs of.....anything and the media is all over us.
All over us not in a good way

982028D3-518B-46B3-963D-D0A118D004D5.jpeg

I doubt if there has ever been a more disrespectful promo ever produced by a national media outlet than this one. Or their anchor/play-by-play talent referring to a school’s fan base as trailer park dwellers.

He is a “good coach” but making the tournament is like making a bowl game. And he got fired for making the tourney, but falling short Of final 4 in the 15 outta 16 times. Had 3 NBA players at Tenn and failed to make it. I really like Barnes, want him to succeed, and will say he is good, but good doesn’t get paid $5M a season.
Be glad we have a good coach, I’m not sure how old you are, but I can remember the days of Kevin O’Neill and more recently Cuonzo Martin. Those teams were so bad offensively they made you want to gouge your eyes out. Barnes will get us to the tournament, and may or may not make a deep run, but other than Bruce Pearl, and Jerry green no other coach has been able to do that consistently at Tennessee. Btw you are not paying his salary so don’t let it bother you so much.

Be glad we have a good coach, I’m not sure how old you are, but I can remember the days of Kevin O’Neill and more recently Cuonzo Martin. Those teams were so bad offensively they made you want to gouge your eyes out. Barnes will get us to the tournament, and may or may not make a deep run, but other than Bruce Pearl, and Jerry green no other coach has been able to do that consistently at Tennessee. Btw you are not paying his salary so don’t let it bother you so much.
This team is every bit as bad offensively. Also, Ray Mears said hi.

This team is every bit as bad offensively. Also, Ray Mears said hi.
I’m 37 so I don’t remember the Ray Mears years. Wade Houston is about as far back as I can remember. This team averages almost 73 ppg so they are much better than any Kevin O’Neill team and Cuonzo’s team averaged around 69 ppg so no they actually aren’t as bad statistically. However they are more inconsistent.

Last edited:
Not many teams win with a scoring offense ranked 141 in the NCAA. How many teams win with a formula of no adequate scoring, no rebounding, no point guard, no bench. By the way in the NCAA Tennessee ranks 202 in defensive rebounds.

I’m old enough to have watched ”The Ernie, Bernie, and Mike” show. I have seen teams that fans felt over achieved and teams that under achieved. I watched the 1st half of Houston’s team that scored a total of 7 puts in the 1st half against Ky.
Excellent coach, Devoe. Good coach Jerry Green (equal results to Barnes). Bad coach Houston.
I live in Tenn. If UT doesn’t use any of my tax money, ticket money, or apparel money to pay Barnes, I guess I don’t pay his salary. BTW, I really like Barnes. Great mentor.

If this team continues to implode and makes an early exit from the SEC and NCAA tourney then I think criticism of Barnes is certainly warranted. The narrative from Texas that he underperformed with highly ranked players will ring true. His lack of tournament success over 40 years will be something that is hard to ignore. That doesn't erase the fact that he has built a strong program over the last few years and we are certainly better off than we were before he came here. People want to absolutely destroy Barnes for his failures or put him on a pedestal for his run with Grant an Admiral. Like most things his tenure here looks like a mixed bag.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley

VN Store

Back