Commercials breaks conversation....

sthoma32

Talked with several people at the game about the frequency and length of commercial breaks during this game. By far the worst I've ever seen. That compiled with the app players what I believe convientlyn "getting injured" helped them off set the depth differences between Tn and app state. That is the only way they got it to he fourth quarter without us eventually wearing them down with our run game.

Also why is no one talking about the lack of review and explanation of the Philly TD catch. Butch called the timeout but they never explained the ruling. Terrible officiating game. Also they were afraid to blow a whistle and blow he plays dead on several occasions!

Reactions: 8 people
I ALWAYS give refs crap, but I feel even more justified after the game last night.

They were horrible.

Reactions: 2 people
Talked with several people at the game about the frequency and length of commercial breaks during this game. By far the worst I've ever seen. That compiled with the app players what I believe convientlyn "getting injured" helped them off set the depth differences between Tn and app state. That is the only way they got it to he fourth quarter without us eventually wearing them down with our run game.

Also why is no one talking about the lack of review and explanation of the Philly TD catch. Butch called the timeout but they never explained the ruling. Terrible officiating game. Also they were afraid to blow a whistle and blow he plays dead on several occasions!

PWill didn't complete the catch. Ball was coming loose as he went to the ground and then he full on dropped it when he hit the turf. It wasn't a catch.

PWill didn't complete the catch. Ball was coming loose as he went to the ground and then he full on dropped it when he hit the turf. It wasn't a catch.

yep...have to maintain complete control throughout the catch...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Yep, that was all on Preston. He's starting to show a pattern of this on big plays.

Yep, that was all on Preston. He's starting to show a pattern of this on big plays.

That was just a great play by the DB. I'm not sure anyone could have held on to that ball. The guy had perfect leverage with is hand between the ball and Preston's chest.

yep...have to maintain complete control throughout the catch...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Really? Then explain breaking the plain of the goal line part of that. 2 hands clearly on the ball and 2 feet down, is breaking the plain with control.

Hell even Gator loving Brent Musburger said it was a TD.

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 6 people
Really? Then explain breaking the plain of the goal line part of that. 2 hands clearly on the ball and 2 feet down, is breaking the plain with control.

Hell even Gator loving Brent Musburger said it was a TD.

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Yeah I thought this was a catch as well. Hell, it was more of catch that than do called FL touchdown catch in early 2000's. I thought the ground out of bounds caused the ball to come lose after the feet were established.....

Officials seemed weak in my opinion.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not going to go as far as saying the commercials gave App State the necessary breaks to stay energized and with us, but I will say as a fan watching the game it felt like one of the slowest played football games I had watched in a while. I mean, it could also be the fact we were playing so sloppy, but there were so many times where the game would go for 3 minutes of game time being played and then go right to a commercial.

It was extremely painful to sit through and the game had absolutely no flow to it.

Reactions: 1 person
The frequency of the App State players cramping solely when our offense started getting into rhythm, was beyond coincidence. Then when the DB was taunting the crowd and received no flag after his apparent "cramp". Then we have the center who was clapping our count. We got played by a dirty team last night, and refs were not helping.

Yeah I thought this was a catch as well. Hell, it was more of catch that than do called FL touchdown catch in early 2000's. I thought the ground out of bounds caused the ball to come lose after the feet were established.....

Officials seemed weak in my opinion.

The rules are alot different today than they were in 2000. You have to maintain control all the way to the ground. It was an incomplete pass by the rule.

The frequency of the App State players cramping solely when our offense started getting into rhythm, was beyond coincidence. Then when the DB was taunting the crowd and received no flag after his apparent "cramp". Then we have the center who was clapping our count. We got played by a dirty team last night, and refs were not helping.

Stop this narrative. We cannot blame the refs or App State players for anything. Several breaks didn't go out way with the refs, yes, but that happens.

If anything, we just got outcoached. I agree it's frustrating to see that many players just happen to go down, but we would have done the same thing if it played to our strengths against a faster team. We should have expected something like that and had a gameplan for countering a slower tempo. I'm tired of everyone making an excuse for why last night happened. We got our teeth kicked in and proved we are not a Top 10 team. Reality hit. That's what happened.

Now, we need to go out and steam roll VT to regain some momentum and confidence.

That was just a great play by the DB. I'm not sure anyone could have held on to that ball. The guy had perfect leverage with is hand between the ball and Preston's chest.

Exactly. No credit given where it is due. TD if not for a great play by the DB.

I'd like to see a rule to stop players from faking injuries to slow down the offense. If the officials have to stop play for an injury then that player isn't allowed back in the game until the start of the next quarter.

Stop this narrative. We cannot blame the refs or App State players for anything. Several breaks didn't go out way with the refs, yes, but that happens.

If anything, we just got outcoached. I agree it's frustrating to see that many players just happen to go down, but we would have done the same thing if it played to our strengths against a faster team. We should have expected something like that and had a gameplan for countering a slower tempo. I'm tired of everyone making an excuse for why last night happened. We got our teeth kicked in and proved we are not a Top 10 team. Reality hit. That's what happened.

Now, we need to go out and steam roll VT to regain some momentum and confidence.

Okay, so by that logic the App state players did nothing to cause that discussion or that criticism. It was only UT playing badly. Okay they did play badly, that is correct but the App state players did do things that raised the eyebrows and yes refs can be blamed. They are humans and humans make mistakes. Refs are not above reproach.

I'd like to see a rule to stop players from faking injuries to slow down the offense. If the officials have to stop play for an injury then that player isn't allowed back in the game until the start of the next quarter.

The NBA at least addressed players flopping, football needs to do the same.

I agree 100%! But if you are over matched and there is no rule to prevent these type of occurrences...you do what you have to do to survive.

Now, I think a team that has players cramping, is a coaching issue, and the team should receive a delay of game penalty. The coach is either A)not got his team in proper playing shape or B)not making sure his players have the appropriate diet the day before and pregame.

Like someone else said, sure is funny that only their D had this problem. So, teams that run hurry up should lobby for a rule on it. We didn't have anyone Cramping on the field!

Okay, so by that logic the App state players did nothing to cause that discussion or that criticism. It was only UT playing badly. Okay they did play badly, that is correct but the App state players did do things that raised the eyebrows and yes refs can be blamed. They are humans and humans make mistakes. Refs are not above reproach.

It was only UT playing badly. App State, a clearly inferior team, came out hungry and energetic. Give credit where credit is due. Calling them a dirty team for utilizing injury timeouts correctly is wrong. They are using a specific situation to their advantage and making us pay for it.

Butch should have seen that coming, and he didn't compensate for the slower tempo with his and DeBord's playcalling. The refs had several questionable calls, but you and too many people are focusing on that and not the glaring mistakes we made that allowed App State to stay in it (i.e. Cam's muffed punt, Dobb's INT before half, atrocious O-LIne play).

It was only UT playing badly. App State, a clearly inferior team, came out hungry and energetic. Give credit where credit is due. Calling them a dirty team for utilizing injury timeouts correctly is wrong. They are using a specific situation to their advantage and making us pay for it.

Butch should have seen that coming, and he didn't compensate for the slower tempo with his and DeBord's playcalling. The refs had several questionable calls, but you and too many people are focusing on that and not the glaring mistakes we made that allowed App State to stay in it (i.e. Cam's muffed punt, Dobb's INT before half, atrocious O-LIne play).

You are inferring that I didn't see that or blaming that also. I also said, UT played badly. I didn't use those specifics but yes those were the mistakes but sorry, just saying App state just used those to their advantage and shouldn't be criticized is decidedly incorrect. Any play from last night is open to criticism, yes the played hungry but not sorry, they flopped all over the field and it was only their defense because they knew they didn't have the depth to compete with us. Plus clapping a count is just something I haven't seen in years because good defenses don't resort to that. They played dirty and UT played badly, those are not unrelated things and both culminated into the game we got.

VN Store

Back