Coming to Tennessee!

Is that the best in this area? The two that I have been to since I moved here were pretty weak. Never been to The Katch.

This will be very exciting. Me and my college buddy are coming in Friday from New Jersey to see this game. I can't wait for the experience GO VOLS

White Out, I was at the game last night. Solid OT win, both goalies were ON, made for a slow game. Enjoy K'Ville I am heading up too.

White Out, I was at the game last night. Solid OT win, both goalies were ON, made for a slow game. Enjoy K'Ville I am heading up too.

was a great game wasnt it? the crowd was awesome too. the southern hospitality thing that we hear about up in canada has so far been 100% bang on. almost every person ive ran into that knew i was visiting from out of town has been a gracious host welcoming me to tennessee/nashville, even at the game last night. the foods been amazing so far too. 1/3'rd of my man-cation is down and was a great success. next up is the big game saturday, i hope the vols treat me and their loyal fans to a huge upset!

Yall got lucky against the Preds tonight... good game though
I agree was a good game, but i think kipper was our luck :) kipper held us in it 1st half of hte game, and then we took it over from there. we almost won it late ni the 3rd but rang one off the post, and the game seemed to tilt to calgarys side after midway thru the game. either way i was thrilled for the ot win. my 3 chick friends made it on tv in canada for the start of the 2nd period but i was still in line for the cheap 2 dollar concessions. rats :(

Last edited:
So Im home on my Midtour from serving in Korea. I will be coming down to to Knoxville for the weekend to watch my first Vols game since I enlist over 8 years ago. This will be the wifey's first game also. I got us tickets for our 1st anniversary.

I can't wait to see my Vols play again. GBO

Sorry you had to see such a snoozefest of a hockey game in Nashville. Great goalie play, great defense as is always the case with Nashville and Calgary. Atleast the Preds got a point and you got to see your team win. Have fun at the football game.

So Im home on my Midtour from serving in Korea. I will be coming down to to Knoxville for the weekend to watch my first Vols game since I enlist over 8 years ago. This will be the wifey's first game also. I got us tickets for our 1st anniversary.

I can't wait to see my Vols play again. GBO

Good for you and your wife!! That place will be rocking for sure.... if the fans are still yelling hard in the 4th quarter then we have a ball game.

I spend a lot of time in Seoul...great city and not a bad duty station (in my opinion).

WhiteOut I wanted to give you a heads up on a new place in Gatlinburg (about 25 min drive from Knoxville) they Just opened the ONLY legal moonshine still. and the good news is that they give FREE SAMPLES :lolabove::rock:

Last edited:
WhiteOut I wanted to give you a heads up on a new place in Gatlinburg (about 25 min drive from Knoxville) they Just opened the ONLY legal moonshine still. and the good news is that they give FREE SAMPLES :lolabove::rock:

tell me more! lol

oh and i had dinner with my friends at corkys tonight. what food! the service, food, atmosphere was all top notch. when i wanted some southern cooking this is exactly what i had in mind. the pulled pork was delicious, the beans were amazing, and the peach cobbler and pecan pie we shared were all top notch. when the waiter found out i was from canada they gave me some things to take with me back home as a souvenir, couldnt have been nicer. graceland was exceptional, a great experience. i dont think i could say enough about how much fun i had in memphis today, so much to do and eat. i love the south!

oh and i had dinner with my friends at corkys tonight. what food! the service, food, atmosphere was all top notch. when i wanted some southern cooking this is exactly what i had in mind. the pulled pork was delicious, the beans were amazing, and the peach cobbler and pecan pie we shared were all top notch. when the waiter found out i was from canada they gave me some things to take with me back home as a souvenir, couldnt have been nicer. graceland was exceptional, a great experience. i dont think i could say enough about how much fun i had in memphis today, so much to do and eat. i love the south!

If memphis has you that pumped...you havent seen anything yet

Man, you came to Memphis and ate Corky's BBQ? You coulda had a deep fried cheeseburger on Beale!

Oh well, you can save it for your next visit. Just come prepared. I'm not certain, but I think it immediately clogs an artery...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Corky's is some good stuff.

I think the experience at Neyland is going to blow you away...hopefully. And by "blow you away" I hope that doesn't mean to the tune of 30,000 bammers singing rammer jammer

Take in as much as possible, I'm sure you've been instructed to go to the Vol Walk, that's probably one of the best things to do pregame, besides the grilling out and drinking that should be a given. Find a good place to tailgate and your experience will be ten times better than just going to the game straight from the hotel.

Any advice for tailgating? What's the etiquette for enjoying some food and football talk with the locals? Do I just come up to random people and say hey whats up? lol

Any advice for tailgating? What's the etiquette for enjoying some food and football talk with the locals? Do I just come up to random people and say hey whats up? lol

Minor correction - ... Y'all, whats up! or Whats up y'all!

Just start talking to the ladies and gentlemen at tailgates (esp. attention to the ladies...). In 20 seconds they will know you are not from the south. In 1 minute they will know you are a long way from home. In 2 minutes they will know you are a Vols fan. In 5 minutes you will be adopted.

Just start talking to the ladies and gentlemen at tailgates (esp. attention to the ladies...). In 20 seconds they will know you are not from the south. In 1 minute they will know you are a long way from home. In 2 minutes they will know you are a Vols fan. In 5 minutes you will be adopted.

If not quicker.

VN Store

Back