Coming to Neyland this Fall, any chance for the "full experience"?

VolforFootball

I like pizza
I'll be visiting Knoxville and Neyland this Fall, and and wondering if anyone would be willing to allow me the opportunity to tailgate on a boat on the river. It's something I've grown up wanting to do so all my life, and would be extremely grateful for the opportunity. Steak, beer, liquor, etc., on me.

Aside from tailgating on the river and the Vol Walk, what else would you guys suggest to a fan who wants to have the "full experience" of Knoxville on gameday weekend?

I'll be visiting Knoxville and Neyland this Fall, and and wondering if anyone would be willing to allow me the opportunity to tailgate on a boat on the river. It's something I've grown up wanting to do so all my life, and would be extremely grateful for the opportunity. Steak, beer, liquor, etc., on me.

Aside from tailgating on the river and the Vol Walk, what else would you guys suggest to a fan who wants to have the "full experience" of Knoxville on gameday weekend?

Wear orange and be nice and you’ll go far

The "full experience" sounds like something you would ask the masseuse at Hong Kong Spa.

Seriously though one of the posters here usually is very nice and invites Volnation to their tailgate. I have not been yet but I think I will take him/her up on it next season just to get more involved with the people here, because for the most part this is a pretty cool place. If someone can remind me which person offers that please post below.

Also, if you want the Vol Navy experience you can rent boats from numerous marinas on Fort Loudon Lake. Just be aware that after the game when all those big cabin cruisers roar out it can get pretty sketchy. Those things kick off about 3 foot wakes. More than enough to dip a rental pontoon.

You had better be a Tennessee fan!

"
"

If you truly want the full experience, speaking as a former Fort rat, you have to do this:

Find an empty lot or house near the fort....make a sign, Parking X Dollars (it was five bucks back in the day...) Then park cars for an hour or so and hightail it. We called this "Guerilla Parking"...

Oh, and you must blow the cash on Tequila. Or even weed is acceptable.

If you don't get an invitation in advance there's a couple of things you can do. One is that if you come to a game other than the first home game you can come in on Friday. A lot of the boaters will park their boats for the first game and leave them there all season. Typically they spend Friday on their boats and if you go down, introduce yourself, tell them what you want and promise to bring some catered food, you'll find someone willing to let you join their party.
The other way is that since they tie boat, onto boat about 10 deep and people cross over the inside boats you can bring some food/drink and go out 7-8 boats "looking' for the "friends" you were supposed to join. Somebody is going to take pity on you as you start heading back, and feigning fatigue, to the dock and tell you just join them. Not my style but I bet it would work.
Of course you could just bring a Playboy Playmate wearing daisy dukes as your date and you'll be invited to any party you want.

OP...

fat-man-dancing-animated-gif.gif

You'll have a good time. Several years ago my son and I attended the Dawgs game there. We were decked out in Georgia gear and the folks couldn't have been nicer. Even after a tough loss (it was the Pig Howard OT fumble in the end zone game) they were super nice.

Get a hoagie on dark with spicy mustard and extra steam at Gus' Goodtime Deli.

"
"

If you truly want the full experience, speaking as a former Fort rat, you have to do this:

Find an empty lot or house near the fort....make a sign, Parking X Dollars (it was five bucks back in the day...) Then park cars for an hour or so and hightail it. We called this "Guerilla Parking"...

I lived in Fort Sanders during my matriculation ('70s). Out-of-towners would line the streets with their parked cars on football Saturdays, fire hydrants, curb markers, driveways, and traffic signs be damned. Of course, we would report the violators in hopes that their vehicles would be towed and impounded. However, desperation overtook some out-of-towners one Saturday with an afternoon start, and they pulled up onto our front lawn. The roadie of a local band was a friend of the household. He happened to have a valve core remover and proceeded to remove the valve cores of all four tires on the offending vehicles. When the occupants of the vehicles returned, he offered them a choice - buy back their valve cores and pay for re-inflation of their tires, or deal with the police who would be summoned upon their refusal of the more generous proposal. Both carloads took option one. Beer, pot, and food stuffs were purchased with the proceeds, and we had an impromptu party.

I’ve got a tailgate at the top of G10, overlooking the river. I’m there every game. Always open to folks who want to have a good time, especially if it’s your first time.

Reactions: VolforFootball
"
"

I used to sell spots on the street for $20 a pop

Mouses Ear!

Reactions: VolFaninFla

Bring a hot female relative or friend. That will go a long way

Reactions: knucklehead_vol

VN Store

Back