Coming after Vitello

This one also gets personal when you live in Texas. I don’t want the Aggies to win. I’m already getting arrogant calls from Aggies.

Likewise. But I’m only an hour 10 ish from College Station. My buddies are talking about now A&M has to commit to facility upgrades. I was there for the Vols series last month. Their stadium made ours look like a kid’s park.

Attachments

• 18478783-F717-484B-8CA7-FB9C98E0D638.jpeg
    18478783-F717-484B-8CA7-FB9C98E0D638.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
  • 4B1D1AF2-2752-4BB6-AB5E-02CF33D2135D.jpeg
    4B1D1AF2-2752-4BB6-AB5E-02CF33D2135D.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 0ED488AA-0BB9-478E-8542-CFBFFA8B85F5.jpeg
    0ED488AA-0BB9-478E-8542-CFBFFA8B85F5.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 35
Likewise. But I’m only an hour 10 ish from College Station. My buddies are talking about now A&M has to commit to facility upgrades. I was there for the Vols series last month. Their stadium made ours look like a kid’s park.
Yep and they create a great environment there. Aggies love their baseball.

CTV doesn’t need to be the highest paid coach to stay at UT, he only wants a commitment from the admin that they will allow him to create something special here over the next few years. Yes, that entails more money for his staff, reasonable upgrades to the current stadium.

If the admin doesn’t support his reasonable request, he’s gone!

It’s that simple folks…….

The site will be great and not really all that close to the old Bill Meyer site. the site is close to other businesses and properties that the Boyd family own in the Old City plus some great breweries within walking distance. This would be a great site because there's stuff to do before and after the game. The Kodak property is not that interesting at all. The Kodak site has all the boring non-charm of West Knoxville suburban sprawl. What is odd for urban sites like this is that there will still be good parking nearby.
You may think that way, but I sure do not. I love going to Kodak where there is genuine support for the Smokies. The drive is basically traffic free and scenic and the area is a whole lot safer than the Old City area. If you are going to build a park for joint use by the pro and college team it needs to be close to campus and on the World Fair Park site. At least you can rehab the site by tearing down an underutilized conventions center and making a great skyline back drop for the park.

But then again, Knoxville always does everything backwards based on money and politics.

Reactions: LookinUp
CTV doesn’t need to be the highest paid coach to stay at UT, he only wants a commitment from the admin that they will allow him to create something special here over the next few years. Yes, that entails more money for his staff, reasonable upgrades to the current stadium.

Anyone with any sense would not blame him.

Pretty much. I just can’t imagine letting him bolt but given the ineptitude of the admin over the years...well, I guess we’re in wait and see mode.

However, I would like to enjoy the fine product we have had on display all year for as long as possible.

GBO!!!

One thing everyone needs to keep in mind is KR puts names out there as favors. He knew dang well where this was going with him

also keep in mind he’s already said he feels Tenn can’t keep TV.
He also never saw TV anywhere on the horizon 4 years ago until the story broke everywhere. I appreciate his coverage of college baseball but I don’t think he’s as in tuned on coaching searches as he thinks he is. In time he may build up the cache but he’s not Feldman of baseball.

He also never saw TV anywhere on the horizon 4 years ago until the story broke everywhere. I appreciate his coverage of college baseball but I don’t think he’s as in tuned on coaching searches as he thinks he is. In time he may build up the cache but he’s not Feldman of baseball.
I pay zero attention to sports writers. I could make better guesses then they do.

Wait ....hold up....so you're telling me Vitello hasn't earned it yet? In 4 years....well honestly 3 years....he has taken this program from bottom of the barrel in the SEC all the way to winning the SEC East....and a top 8 seed in the tournament. He's won 40+ games in back to back seasons ( probably would be 3 seasons if we would have finished last season). What a horrible take. We better pony up...or he will be gone.
It’s sarcasm aimed at one buffoon on here who needs the 10 yr ROR for coaching like they’re a Vanguard Growth Index Fund before he stokes his check.

You may think that way, but I sure do not. I love going to Kodak where there is genuine support for the Smokies. The drive is basically traffic free and scenic and the area is a whole lot safer than the Old City area. If you are going to build a park for joint use by the pro and college team it needs to be close to campus and on the World Fair Park site. At least you can rehab the site by tearing down an underutilized conventions center and making a great skyline back drop for the park.

But then again, Knoxville always does everything backwards based on money and politics.

If you want to torpedo attendance move the games off campus. The students WILL NOT come if so.

I'm not interested in going back to the old Bill Meyer area. This will turn out just like every city in the South trying to revitalize their downtown area....putting lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: onevol74
They’re getting to where they are more insufferable than Horns fans.
At least TX has “earned” the right to be somewhat arrogant. They’ve fielded a NC football team within the last 20 years, played for a 2nd, put out F4/E8 bball teams and won 6 baseball NC’s (2 within the last 20 years & played for 2 others). AM is still trying to figure out why there’s scantly clad girls on every other sideline.

If you want to torpedo attendance move the games off campus. The students WILL NOT come if so.

I'm not interested in going back to the old Bill Meyer area. This will turn out just like every city in the South trying to revitalize their downtown area....putting lipstick on a pig.

Interesting take. Now, if I am Boyd, obviously I am not, but if I was, I would look at at Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville etc...

He’s done that, obviously.

He wants to move the team, they have been successful there in Sevierville, so he sees some upside, otherwise, why do it?

Now, UT playing there is a different question? In my mind it is a totally different question. Other than the fact Boyd has a bunch of money and is the President of UT, already owns the land, I am not sure why it’s a thing, and then I think there’s some questions.

Reactions: StarRaider

You are one great poster but honestly you are making way too many assumptions here.

My assumption is TV knows exactly what he needs to get to Omaha regularly and win multiple Natty titles and he knows A&M gives him a much better shot at that over any of the things you think he needs to stay.

the truth is neither of us know what TV really wants. I have said a number of times from a pure baseball winning standpoint it’s a no brainer for him to leave for A&M. For Tenn sake I hope he has a personal off the field reason to stay here.

You are one great poster but honestly you are making way too many assumptions here.

My assumption is TV knows exactly what he needs to get to Omaha regularly and win multiple Natty titles and he knows A&M gives him a much better shot at that over any of the things you think he needs to stay.

the truth is neither of us know what TV really wants. I have said a number of times from a pure baseball winning standpoint it’s a no brainer for him to leave for A&M. For Tenn sake I hope he has a personal off the field reason to stay here.
Tell us what he needs that AM offers and we don’t. Maybe I’m simple minded but from the 2018-2023 (as 2022-23 stand today) classes he’s been out recruited 1x by AM and most years aren’t even close. He’s not having trouble attracting comparable to better talent despite subpar facilities, smaller/harder recruiting base, recent futility etc. I don’t know the guy personally, and doubt you do either, so I think it’s unfair for either to try and decipher what drives him. However, while we’re doing it TV truly strikes me as a grinder/underdog/overachiever/chip on the shoulder guy that’s not driven by glitz, glamour, fame or money. He’s achieving great things at an afterthought baseball school who took a chance on him when his own Alma mater wouldn’t just a year before. He may not think like me (however we’re drawing our own conclusions so I feel he does), I would ask myself would TAMU have hired me in June 2017 had they fired Childress then? The answer is very likely no; they would’ve been too arrogant to stoop to hiring an assistant because we’re TAMU. They would be doing nothing but buying him from the place that believed in him from the get go because they think they can.

VN Store

Back