Coming after Vitello

tnvolgolfer

Anyone hear Bill King this morning. Buddy said he caught the end of his comments about someone coming after CTV. Just wondered who it might be. I'm guessing we will need to add money and the promise of a new, or improved stadium. Thanks for any info.

I hope Coach Vitello stays but i wouldn't doubt it if he left because Tennessee was stingy on increasing his pay and building a new baseball stadium.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
He's proven you can win at Tennessee, the fans have proven they will support Baseball. Our fans have been the talk of the SEC this year, so who is left? The administration. The ball is in your court, everyone is looking at you. Do what is right, pay the man, pay his staff, and make necessary upgrades to the facilities. If Vandy can be a Baseball dynasty, then Tennessee can too!

All the negative clowns need to remember there is a new administration, especially Randy Boyd, that is already doing the deal downtown separately for the Smokies and he LOVES baseball. I heard Vitello on Basilio mention what a “great opportunity it could be if the university could work out a deal with the Smokies”! Y’all give them time!!!! Just because you don’t hear anything doesn’t mean they’re not working on deals and projects behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Segment 9 of the Sports Source on Sunday talked about the baseball team and Jimmy Hyams and Josh Ward of WNML stated that Vitello seems to like it here in Knoxville and that the proposed new stadium would host key SEC series while LNS will host non conference games.

Go to Youtube and type in Sports Source to hear the full segment.

Segment 9 of the Sports Source on Sunday talked about the baseball team and Jimmy Hyams and Josh Ward of WNML stated that Vitello seems to like it here in Knoxville and that the proposed new stadium would host key SEC series while LNS will host non conference games.

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the segment of them talking about the baseball team and CV's future:

I hadn't considered the new downtown baseball stadium and Boyd's involvement. That would definitely help UT's administration counter a potential Texas A&M offer or any offers by other schools. CV's success has certainly caught the attention of the rest of the league. It would be neat if something could be worked out between the Smokies and UT re: the new stadium. Since Boyd is a big baseball fan, I hope both he and White are proactive about coming up with a package to retain CV and his staff, because as this past weekend has shown, fans have embraced the baseball team and program. It's great for the university, Knoxville community and state. I also think CV loves it here in Knoxville, and would consider staying if UT steps up and shows him long term investment and commitment to Tennessee baseball.

UT didn't screw up hiring Vitello.............
Agree they didn't but this was not about hiring him, it's about keeping him. Nobody knew that TV would come in and do what he is doing. If you say you knew then you are lying

Agree they didn't but this was not about hiring him, it's about keeping him. Nobody knew that TV would come in and do what he is doing. If you say you knew then you are lying
Never said I knew what was going to happen, nothing even close to that.

I refuse to let that kind of speculation ruin all the fun this baseball season has been thus far and hopefully going forward. Enjoy it folks, it’s a sunny day!
The past 3 years have been fun. Granted, last year was cut short but we were on our way. You are right though, I’m going to enjoy this year because I don’t have faith in our administration to make the commitment to baseball.
GBO!!

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the segment of them talking about the baseball team and CV's future:

I hadn't considered the new downtown baseball stadium and Boyd's involvement. That would definitely help UT's administration counter a potential Texas A&M offer or any offers by other schools. CV's success has certainly caught the attention of the rest of the league. It would be neat if something could be worked out between the Smokies and UT re: the new stadium. Since Boyd is a big baseball fan, I hope both he and White are proactive about coming up with a package to retain CV and his staff, because as this past weekend has shown, fans have embraced the baseball team and program. It's great for the university, Knoxville community and state. I also think CV loves it here in Knoxville, and would consider staying if UT steps up and shows him long term investment and commitment to Tennessee baseball.

That would suck to play SEC series off campus and Vitello has stated he would rather play on campus. Hopefully we don't screw it up and play at an offsite park.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Nobody wants an off campus, money guzzling, minor league facility. CTV deserves a phat @$$ on campus facility, that he can be proud of. Boyd should just develop some retail space and throw up a venue if he’s worried about shopping and concerts.
Give this man a palace and see if he can fill it with jewels!!
GBO!!

All the negative clowns need to remember there is a new administration, especially Randy Boyd, that is already doing the deal downtown separately for the Smokies and he LOVES baseball. I heard Vitello on Basilio mention what a “great opportunity it could be if the university could work out a deal with the Smokies”! Y’all give them time!!!! Just because you don’t hear anything doesn’t mean they’re not working on deals and projects behind the scenes.
Can you link where Vitello said this because it's my understanding he wants no part of an offsite stadium that would ruin the atmosphere of a big series like we had this weekend. Can't blame him...Vitello would be smart to walk if the uni easily came to that terrible idea.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back