Come on Irish

She redeemed herself with that late 3... but 7 turnovers in the first half with just 1 assist? Sheesh. That's Lady Vol caliber ball handling right there. :crazy:

She really struggles against quicker guards. I'm not sure why Geno didn't have Dangerfield or Nurse put intense full court pressure on her during the semifinals. Marina's a baller, but she would've struggled big time against more pressure IMO.

Had to cruise the boneyard....Some are still in denial....They made need psychological help....They are saying the game is rigged for ND....

Poor losers....

Reactions: 2 people
Hats off to Muffet and the Irish what that team has overcome this year has been incredible.... and 4 ACL injuries wow.... and maybe not all are All Americans... but Brianna Turner... who would have thought they would win it all without her. Great going Irish

Reactions: 1 person
Really have to feel for Schaefer. He didn't have a roster full of High School All Americans, but he really caught lightning in a bottle with this outstanding nucleus of Vivians, William, McCowan, and his daughter. He had two great chances at a National Championship with them, and now with only McCowan coming back and four senior starters leaving you have to think that window is closed.

It's hard to believe Schaefer will ever be in this position again.... at MSU *cough cough*

you've got to believe its was ND's year after two ending shots in a row.

did the best team win?

That collision at mid court at the end of the game looked like a foul on ND.

Great final 4.

Do you think the center for MS will go pro or come back next year?

It was a full body block and a horrible no call. Completely agree with the "should have fouled the second the ball came in" group.

Had to cruise the boneyard....Some are still in denial....They made need psychological help....They are saying the game is rigged for ND....

Poor losers....

Sore losers. They got beat by a team that wanted it more.

Really have to feel for Schaefer. He didn't have a roster full of High School All Americans, but he really caught lightning in a bottle with this outstanding nucleus of Vivians, William, McCowan, and his daughter. He had two great chances at a National Championship with them, and now with only McCowan coming back and four senior starters leaving you have to think that window is closed.

It's hard to believe Schaefer will ever be in this position again.... at MSU *cough cough*

If he came to Tennessee we’d be a Final Four team within 2 seasons. Look at how far McCowan has come from her first year and how much better Vivians was this year from last. Vic is as good at developing talent as anyone.

Reactions: 4 people
I generally like Kara Lawson, was it just me or was she very anti-Notre Dame in these two games? To listen Friday night, you would have thought she played at UCONN not lobo.

Was disappointed in her bias and very happy that Arike shut her up at the end

It was a full body block and a horrible no call. Completely agree with the "should have fouled the second the ball came in" group.

If I'm thinking of the same play, Mabrey got all ball the Ms St girl ran into her.

Great weekend of women's basketball, too bad the Lady Vols weren't a part.

I generally like Kara Lawson, was it just me or was she very anti-Notre Dame in these two games? To listen Friday night, you would have thought she played at UCONN not lobo.

Was disappointed in her bias and very happy that Arike shut her up at the end
Just you.

I like Shephard for Notre Dame. I am hoping that Green(London) can get the chance to be this kind of all around player.

I like Shephard for Notre Dame. I am hoping that Green(London) can get the chance to be this kind of all around player.

Never with Holly as the head coach a change should be made now not a year later.

She's a really good passing post. They look good when the offense runs through her. Her passes to cutters are perfect.

After getting the rebound the rush up court was the demise of Miss St. Teams are really in a rush these days and that is ok but with 12 seconds left I'm not rushing getting the last shot or going to overtime. The ball got knocked away was a foul but they never call them got a reprieve when McCowan was smart enough to foul a Notre Dame player.
Then they let them throw it inbounds to Ogo which was a mistake double team whatever don't let her get the ball. Second since she got the ball push her at the one second mark or foul someone because with one second all they can do is inbounds and throw it at the basket. She didn't get a good look but she had a one on one and a better shot they would have with one second because there is no time to dribble.

So MSU thinks ND wasn't better than them? Louisville probably thinks they're better than MSU and ND, and I'm sure UConn thinks they're better than all three. ND was clutch when it counted and in March, that's what matters.

After getting the rebound the rush up court was the demise of Miss St. Teams are really in a rush these days and that is ok but with 12 seconds left I'm not rushing getting the last shot or going to overtime. The ball got knocked away was a foul but they never call them got a reprieve when McCowan was smart enough to foul a Notre Dame player.
Then they let them throw it inbounds to Ogo which was a mistake double team whatever don't let her get the ball. Second since she got the ball push her at the one second mark or foul someone because with one second all they can do is inbounds and throw it at the basket. She didn't get a good look but she had a one on one and a better shot they would have with one second because there is no time to dribble.

Why a foul was not called was a Notre Dame miracle!

Reactions: 3 people
So MSU thinks ND wasn't better than them? Louisville probably thinks they're better than MSU and ND, and I'm sure UConn thinks they're better than all three. ND was clutch when it counted and in March, that's what matters.

Yep. The National Championship trophy doesn't care who the overall best team in the country is. The trophy simply goes to whichever team has the good fortune of winning the last six games of their season, whether through superior talent, failings of other teams, or even sometimes just a few lucky bounces.

Reactions: 3 people
Yep. The National Championship trophy doesn't care who the overall best team in the country is. The trophy simply goes to whichever team has the good fortune of winning the last six games of their season, whether through superior talent, failings of other teams, or even sometimes just a few lucky bounces.

Those 4 mentioned teams are indeed the best!

VN Store

Back