Come on Heup. 43-38-8

madbamahater

No team has beaten Bama more than Tennessee has at 38 wins. 43-38-8 was the Tennessee Alabama series record before Nick Saban took over.

This is why, historically, the third Saturday in October or the Tennessee Alabama series is considered one of the greatest all-time series and rivalries in college football. Before Saban the series was only separated by 5 games. That is truly hard to believe considering the recent history during the Saban era.

It is really quite unacceptable and embarrassing that Tennessee has not been able to win at least a few since he arrived in 2007.

Come on Josh Heupel, please be the one that can get us back to beating them at least half of the time, like before......

Tennessee is way past overdue rattling off a streak of their own.

No team has beaten Bama more than Tennessee has at 38 wins. 43-38-8 was the Tennessee Alabama series record before Nick Saban took over.

This is why, historically, the third Saturday in October or the Tennessee Alabama series is considered one of the greatest all-time series and rivalries in college football. Before Saban the series was only separated by 5 games. That is truly hard to believe considering the recent history during the Saban era.

It is really quite unacceptable and embarrassing that Tennessee has not been able to win at least a few since he arrived in 2007.

Come on Josh Heupel, please be the one that can get us back to beating them at least half of the time, like before......

HeupTrain.jpg

We have this program turned in the right direction. We have a good coach and I believe with good recruiting and a little wizardry with the transfer portal we will continue to see steady improvement. Count me on the train buddy. Go Big Orange !

Going to need help from a lot more people that Josh Heupel, my friend... he isn’t God.

If Heupel makes this his goal he will get there, instead of the last few coaches waving the white flag. Pruitt, Jones and Dooley were losers. They had loser mentalities. Their idea of success was beating USCjr, UK, Missouri and Vandie. That is disgustingly embarrassing and an absolute loser's mentality.

There was a time that the expectation at Tennessee was you do not lose any of those games that I mentioned and you beat Georgia (own), Alabama, and Florida at least somewhat regularly

Neither is Saban, even though some want to believe he is.
Yeah. His success goes way deeper than him simply being a good coach. He’s built what he’s built because he gets whichever players he wants and he doesn’t do it by simply being a good recruiter. There’s good recruiters everywhere. The secret is magic recruiting pixie dusk. Kirby knows how to make it too. Just decide what player you want, sprinkle some pixie dust under his nose and viola!

If Heupel makes this his goal he will get there, instead of the last few coaches waving the white flag. Pruitt, Jones and Dooley were losers. They had loser mentalities. Their idea of success was beating USCjr, UK, Missouri and Vandie. That is disgustingly embarrassing and an absolute loser's mentality.

There was a time that the expectation at Tennessee was you do not lose any of those games that I mentioned and you beat Georgia (own), Alabama, and Florida at least somewhat regularly

All he needs is the magic recruiting pixie dust! Gardner knows the recipe, but it’s harder to make than people think. Got to have a network of people who know what to do without being told. Also need a drug testing program that doesn’t test for steroids 😂🤣

Not a rivalry when it has been 10+ years since we won......get this game off the schedule

Reactions: TennEddie
All he needs is the magic recruiting pixie dust! Gardner knows the recipe, but it’s harder to make than people think. Got to have a network of people who know what to do without being told. Also need a drug testing program that doesn’t test for steroids 😂🤣

Who is Gardner?

kin to Kiffen, Payton, or Herndon?

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Not a rivalry when it has been 10+ years since we won......get this game off the schedule

This is the exact loser mentality I'm talking about....Hello Pruitt, Jones or Dooley. This is the mentality I'm talking about.....

You didn't/don't hear Bama bitching and complaining about having to play Auburn, LSU, or Tennessee (when UT beat them regularly) every year. There was no chatter about getting any of those games off the schedule.......they went out and did what winners do that are serious about winning.....hire the right person.....

Last edited:
Cancel Florida also? Once in 16 years isn't a rivalry using your logic. I guess Kentucky should cancel UT also since I'm 43 years old and they have beaten UT twice in that time frame. People and their cancel culture.

Exactly. Poster wants us to be dumbed down to playing UT Martin and UT Chatt every week. Loser's mentality. After we fall off that far, let's just play flag football while we're at it. So many people these days have loser mentalities, they're soft. They would feel guilty if we/they were winners.....

Exactly. Poster wants us to be dumbed down to playing UT Martin and UT Chatt every week. Loser's mentality. After we fall off that far, let's just play flag football while we're at it. So many people these days have loser mentalities, they're soft. They would feel guilty if we/they were winners.....
I hate bama football more than anything. Matter of fact believe it is the only thing I hate. Would rather lose 11 games and beat Bama than win 11 games and lose to bama. Why people want to cancel the bama game is beyond me. It sucks losing to them but man it's awesome to beat them.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
UT administration should be embarrassed. And they have the nerve to ask for more money for buildings? Boosters should put their money into the program, i.e. players & coaches.

I think we'll have a good shot at them next season if we can find a way to get a lot better defensively. We need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball. If Hooker doesn't declare for the draft the offense will be at least as good and probably better than this season.

No one has beaten Nick on a regular basis. Truthfully Saban is the 🐐, I don't like it but it is what it is.

Auburn has 37 wins vs Bama
All time Alabama leads 48-37-1 vs Auburn

Last edited:
I don't want Alabama, Florida, Georgia taken off the schedule. I want to see Tennessee put the pieces in place to be equal to them. I want to see games where the outcome is not decided by halftime. I want to see Tennessee even the record against Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Realistically, Georgia and Florida are achievable in my lifetime. 68, in good health, the two mentioned are possible, but to get even with Alabama in my lifetime, I can only hope God gives me that many more years.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
This is not to be negative but I just don’t see us beating Nick Saban. Yeah we were in it this year late but what happened? They inevitably blew us out. I realize that it has a lot to do with depth, injuries and Heupels first year. But think about it, how do you build the necessary depth needed to beat a team like Bama? It takes recruiting at an extremely high level.

Look what just happened yesterday. A defense that has been as good as any we have seen in almost 20 years. A team loaded with 4 and 5* on both sides of the ball. Guys who will play in the NFL. A team loaded with not only depth, but ELITE depth. They got road graded by Bama.

Here is the biggest problem I see. Time. While the transfer portal is great, you cannot build the type of depth needed to beat Bama with the transfer portal. It’s got to be done through recruiting. What do we have now 70 scholarship players? And even we have seen the extreme drop off in talent from our starters to our second string. You not only need depth to beat Bama but you need elite quality depth. There is ni way JH is going to be recruiting top 5 classes for the next 3-5 years.

And regardless of how much we improve or recruit better, as long as Saban is at Bama they will likely never finish below the top 5 in recruiting. So how do you beat a team that is that far ahead of you? I just don’t think we can. I really,really,really, really hope I am wrong.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back