Colton Jumper Crow Thread

He's definitely not the whipping boy for us. Him and Kirkland are going to be pretty good down the stretch.

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of those horrible horrible plays that he has given up. He pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!

I see your point, but

Did you, yesterday, see Jalen Hurd sneak out uncovered by the FL linebackers, for a great reception + td run? Do you think that that single play means that the FL linebackers are always out of position and need to be replaced, or that that single play (rather than a collection of multiple plays /multiple players) cost FL yesterday's game?

I propose good offensive play-call and execution will often pay off for offenses and will definitely catch good-great defenders off-guard from time to time.

As a Team (120), you just have to get it together, not give up, move on and make it up on the next play(s).

Reactions: 3 people
I'll eat mine too. Never trashed the kid, but thot he was aliability. He played pretty well yesterday it appeared. Needs to be a little more instinctive in the run game and he would make a lot more plays. He's still young really.

Amazing PBU on a certain completion and a lot of nice stuffs were impressive! Hope he keeps improving.

Kid played phenomenal coverage on TEs and RBs, led the team in tackles with 8, 4 solo, and 1 PBU.

From last year's game to this year's game, he has made a great turn-around and proved a lot of Volnation wrong.

I'm having my serving of crow this morning, who's with me?

I will have to take a serving or two, Jumper played great he deserves our respect. Go Vols!

Kid played phenomenal coverage on TEs and RBs, led the team in tackles with 8, 4 solo, and 1 PBU.

From last year's game to this year's game, he has made a great turn-around and proved a lot of Volnation wrong.

I'm having my serving of crow this morning, who's with me?

As a Mike LB he should have those stats every game. I haven't jumped on the Jumper train yet but after yesterday I have more faith in him now.

He did whiff on that first touchdown. But as the game went on, I have to say I was impressed. I remember him maneuvering the D-Line one down and thinking, I'm glad he's out there rather than some freshman who doesn't have a clue. I've said some pretty terrible things about Mr. Jumper (the name sounds like a character from a Beatrix Potter book), including that we should go to a base nickel without a MLB. But I have to say, as I saw him make multiple tackles and seemed to always be hanging out with the ball carrier, that I was wrong. Eatin' Tennesee crow for Breakfast!

That was a good play by UF a X by wr & TE in my opinion Abernathy went with the TE and the WR slipped to the corner. I'm not a coach but I would think Ab should go with the WR and Jumper with the TE.
That said Jumper had 8 tackles last night and 7 against Ohio. He is playing well but he is still behind Kirkland. He may be better than K in getting people line up and recognizing offenses kind of coach on the field like Maybin & Sutton where.

I think that he has been so worried about getting defense lined up correctly, that he wasn't always ready himself when ball was snapped. Last night he just played free and was in position to make the play more times than not. Fine game Mr.Jumper!

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of those horrible horrible plays that he has given up. He pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!
this is the 2nd time i've seen the statement made that jumper cost us the oklahoma game last year. he made 2 penalties on UO's touchdown drive. the 2nd penalty occurred past midfield and after penalty OU had ball on our 45 yd. line. soon after that #13, on 3rd down got called for pass interference in the endzone,(actually 1-2 yds. out of back of endzone), that gave OU a 1st down on a pass that wasn't even catchable. that led to tying score. on OU's 1st play in 1st overtime, OU reciever did burn jumper for 19 yd. completion that did lead to TD.that led to a tie score once again. on OU's 2nd overtime drive, #13, who was responsible for coverage, fell down and reciever scored winning TD. jumper made 3 bad plays but there are 10 more players on the field. calling someone out, by name, in untrue fashion isn't cool at all imo.best you have your facts in order prior to making an extreme judgement on another person.

Last edited:
He's definitely better than Bates. Bates looked lost. I almost think the coaches put Bates in to show why they play Jumper. Conspiracy theory closed!

Shoop may be the best thing ever to happen to Colton Jumper since his acceptance into UT.

I didn't openly doubt him on here because I think it doesn't help with the mentality of the team to diss them on their own fan forums. However, I might have talked bad about him to a few. Last week, though, I noticed he stepped it up and had a newfound respect for him. I'm so happy for him that he proved everyone wrong. That's how you handle haters. Well... that's how Colton Jumper handles haters, anyway.

VN Store

Back