Collegiate Baseball Poll

Florida always starts off in the top 5…..I’d rather be at #5 this time of year than #1. LSU is going to be an interesting watch this year.

I can't remember if A&M finished the season really well and voters are drawing optimism from that. LSU had a monster transfer portal year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
For a long time it was the teams in California, Arizona and Texas that dominated along with university of Miami. I’m guessing the SEC became dominant in the last 15 years or so as a conference. I think Georgia may have been the first SEC team to win the CWS in 1990 followed by LSU winning 4 or 5 times in the 90’s after Georgia. That was probably the start of SEC dominance.
This is pretty much the Cliffs notes for the CBWS. Wichita State and some B10 schools, Big 8 (Mizzou, OU, Okie State) Holy Cross, also won in the years before 1967. Tennessee was the first SEC team to make the finals (1951) until the gumps in 1983.

Link
College World Series - Wikipedia

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
LSU is loaded but you still have to put all of those pieces together and get them to mesh.
Especially the new additions.
I thought the same thing. Buying a roster didn't turn out so well for aTm. I'm hoping the chemistry just isn't there for LSU. Actually, I'm fine with our guys being dissed a bit. Let someone else have a target on their backs this year.

Collegiate Baseball Div. I Poll (12-20-22) - Collegiate Baseball Newspaper

The picked top-50
12 of the 14 SEC teams made the list with only Kentucky and Missouri excluded

1. LSU
2. Florida
4. Texas A&M
5. Tennessee
7. Arkansas
9. Vanderbilt
22. Mississippi State
24. Mississippi
37. Auburn
39. Georgia
47. South Carolina
49. Alabama

4 of top five.
6 of top seven
7 of top nine

Only Stanford, Louisville and Wake Forest are in top-10 and not SEC.

Future members check in as well. Texas at 25 and Oklahoma at 43

Could somebody explain how the Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll has us ranked so much lower than all the other outlets?
Is it because theirs came out first and something changed for the Vols that improved our chances?
A389769E-6325-4DC1-9239-F4405BA99671.jpeg

07A47A7E-43DD-4580-84D4-CD59AF2B7C02.jpeg

Could somebody explain how the Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll has us ranked so much lower than all the other outlets?
Is it because theirs came out first and something changed for the Vols that improved our chances?
View attachment 535841

View attachment 535840
Collegiate Baseball apparently doesn’t hold our beloved Vols in very high esteem. Can’t remember who did the weekly spread sheet last year, wonderful thread by the way, but it took a couple of weeks before CB finally ranked us at one.
@fryeguy93

Last edited:
Reactions: cardvolfan and MAD
Collegiate Baseball apparently doesn’t hold our beloved Vols in very high esteem. Can’t remember who did the weekly spread sheet last year, wonderful thread by the way, but it took a couple of weeks before CB finally ranked us at one.
Who are the voters?

View attachment 535841

View attachment 535840
Coach Dave Serrano was/is good friends with the Collegiate Baseball guys, they often showed us lots of love when we didn’t deserve it during his coaching tenure. Ever since CDS was no longer the UT coach, Collegiate Baseball has not been our biggest fan…..

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back