Collegiate Baseball Div. 1 Poll (12-20-21)

I have a hard time seeing CBN as based on nothing but "name" alone - take Vandy, they lost their two best starting pitchers. Leiter and Rocker yet there they are at #2! LSU is hanging out at #3 with a revamped roster, oh and a new coach.

I think #34 is insulting at best . . . CTV has a very strong roster and numerous returning starters and, I believe, a stronger pitching line-up.

GBO

Hard to see us almost 10 spots lower than a team that was 1 game over .500 last year.

I have a hard time seeing CBN as based on nothing but "name" alone - take Vandy, they lost their two best starting pitchers. Leiter and Rocker yet there they are at #2! LSU is hanging out at #3 with a revamped roster, oh and a new coach.

I think #34 is insulting at best . . . CTV has a very strong roster and numerous returning starters and, I believe, a stronger pitching line-up.

GBO

Vandy has 5 guys at 97+. They have elite arms that never even saw the field last year. I’m good with their ranking. LSU is interesting. I think we have enough unanswered questions for a low top 25 number. 34 is a bit curious, but we lost a LOT of weapons. CTV is a great recruiter, it’ll be interesting to see if he’s a program builder or a roster builder. Difference between the Corbins/Bertmans/Garridos/Polks and the others. Similar to Kiffin vs program builders in football. Kiffin can put a roster on the field. Time will tell if he can build a program. Same with CTV. He’s started well. Another SEC title run and a regional appearance will be a fantastic follow up. We all need to have reasonable expectations, though. If we’re expecting World Series finals or even another trip to Omaha we should probably recalibrate. Getting to Omaha is hard, even for great programs, especially in consecutive years. We’d be amongst the elite if we could make a legitimate run once every 4 years. That is the reality of this game.

VN Store

Back