College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Ouch. #10 Indiana loses to Rutgers, a team that had lost both its major conference games before today (Temple & Miami).

AND Indiana only scored 48pts....

Also just realized that #1 Houston's schedule has been featherbed soft. Toughest win was against *checks notes* Kent State.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Ouch. #10 Indiana loses to Rutgers, a team that had lost both its major conference games before today (Temple & Miami).

AND Indiana only scored 48pts....

Also just realized that #1 Houston's schedule has been featherbed soft. Toughest win was against *checks notes* Kent State.
They (Houston) have a tough matchup tonight with Saint Mary’s. I'm looking forward to that.

Big Ten and ACC switch conference challenges with the ACC taking on the SEC and the Big Ten taking on the Big 12............. lol.

One of the announcers at the end of the UNC/VT game said about the Tarheels, "I know they've lost 4 in a row, but they've showed why they were voted the pre-season #1 in the country". What kind of crazy logic is that?

I'll be curious to see if the voters still keep them in the Top 25 in the next poll.
Would be absolutely insane to keep a 5-4 team in the top 25 at this point.

Counter point would be, who is the alternative though?
I don’t know. Just don’t agree that they are “easily” the best team in the country. Houston and Texas could lay claim, as would Connecticut. Or, it just might be Purdue. I just don’t see them being easily the best team. Up for debate, I’m sure.

I don’t know. Just don’t agree that they are “easily” the best team in the country. Houston and Texas could lay claim, as would Connecticut. Or, it just might be Purdue. I just don’t see them being easily the best team. Up for debate, I’m sure.
That’s fair. I missed the word easily in the first post so my response makes less sense, my fault

Reactions: cardvolfan
Yeah, this year, more than any, seems to have no one who is easily the best. They all look like world-beaters at times, and they all look susceptible at times.

Yeah, this year, more than any, seems to have no one who is easily the best. They all look like world-beaters at times, and they all look susceptible at times.
Yes, I think the first four weeks are the tip of the iceberg. It’s going to be a wild ride this year, which makes it even more fun.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Gonzaga has basically two more shots to lose a game before going on their conference romp. It's tough when they basically have a 1 or 2 seed locked down every year because they always enter the NCAAT having won 20 of their last 21 games and are 28-5 or better. Still, it's hard to cheer for Alabama for any reason.

Reactions: Plecoptera
FWIW I’d have Texas at #1 if I were a voter, but I agree with the general consensus that the best team will seemingly change throughout the year (Houston may hold onto the #1 ranking for a while if they get by Alabama and Virginia, though. I think at least one will get them though)

Reactions: berryvol
Gonzaga has basically two more shots to lose a game before going on their conference romp. It's tough when they basically have a 1 or 2 seed locked down every year because they always enter the NCAAT having won 20 of their last 21 games and are 28-5 or better. Still, it's hard to cheer for Alabama for any reason.

St. Mary’s is gonna be a tough out for Zaga.

VN Store

Back