College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Auburn had the same # of Q1 wins, but fewer losses, and beat us heads up. I also think they were like 5-1 in Away Q1 games, which appeared to be a focus as well.

They've since gone 1-2 and are now comparable to us in terms of Q1 record.

Auburn had the same # of Q1 wins, but fewer losses, and beat us heads up. I also think they were like 5-1 in Away Q1 games, which appeared to be a focus as well.

They've since gone 1-2 and are now comparable to us in terms of Q1 record.

So at the time of the announcement did MSU have an advantage in Q1 record over us?

Was auburn 8 spots higher than us on Q1 records?

I think the answer to both of those is no. If so that's my point. The committee just looked at overall records and standings before Q1 records if I am right

So at the time of the announcement did MSU have an advantage in Q1 record over us?

I think the answer to both of those is no. If so that's my point. The committee just looked at overall records and standings before Q1 records if I am right

I believe you are...MSU non- conference schedule was atrocious so that would be only explanation

I believe you are...MSU non- conference schedule was atrocious so that would be only explanation

From what I count they were 1-3 when they were announced as 3 spots ahead of us by the committee. Clearly they aren't using the Q1 record if I am looking at that correctly

Auburn was definitely higher.

And no it wasn’t just about overall numbers. If there was a single metric to explain their ranking of teams it was Q1 record. It’s not 100% but that doesn’t mean it’s not significant

Auburn was definitely higher.

And no it wasn’t just about overall numbers. If there was a single metric to explain their ranking of teams it was Q1 record. It’s not 100% but that doesn’t mean it’s not significant

Was MSU 1-3 at that time in Q1 games?

From what I count they were 1-3 when they were announced as 3 spots ahead of us by the committee. Clearly they aren't using the Q1 record if I am looking at that correctly

MSU ranked higher in the team sheets and still do. So getting back to Kansas... even a loss by them won’t ding them enough in any of the measures to allow us a good chance at passing them. And because an OSU loss will prevent them from being a Q1/Q2 win for multiple teams, it is in all likelihood more beneficial than not that they lose

MSU ranked higher in the team sheets and still do. So getting back to Kansas... even a loss by them won’t ding them enough in any of the measures to allow us a good chance at passing them. And because an OSU loss will prevent them from being a Q1/Q2 win for multiple teams, it is in all likelihood more beneficial than not that they lose

I agree with you on Kansas unless we win the tourney. Then it might be close

Was MSU 1-3 at that time in Q1 games?

2-3 I think

What’s your point? Because 1 team doesn’t adhere to a general rule that it somehow completely invalidates the rule? In the end it is a human process - which is completely impossible to predict with 100% certainty. However following the general rule will come pretty close. And that is - Q1 record matters.

And their RPI was low so I don't get how they were 11 unless the committee started with overall record and conference standings

Ive said several times - their team sheet super average rank is and has been higher than ours. That’s another metric the committee looks at. The overall rankings appear to be a combination of that and quadrant records - with more emphasis on the quadrants

Ive said several times - their team sheet super average rank is and has been higher than ours. That’s another metric the committee looks at. The overall rankings appear to be a combination of that and quadrant records - with more emphasis on the quadrants

I will say this I would make a solid wager that all 3 Big 10 teams aren't seeded higher than both us and Auburn even if we both exit St Louis early. The 6th ranked RPI league isn't going to get that much credit

I will say this I would make a solid wager that all 3 Big 10 teams aren't seeded higher than both us and Auburn even if we both exit St Louis early. The 6th ranked RPI league isn't going to get that much credit

I think Purdue, Michigan State and Michigan in that order...I think Auburn stays ahead of Michigan even with a loss to Alabama.

I agree. And if they somehow do, it's because the committee decided to disregard the emphasis they've put on the new team sheets and instead chose to just do what they want. Which I feel like the committee does every year anyway...

I think Purdue, Michigan State and Michigan in that order...I think Auburn stays ahead of Michigan even with a loss to Alabama.

Not sure about that... if anything it will lend more credence to the thought that it's a different team witout McLemore. Committee will evaluate them differently, and I think easily knocked down to the 4 seed.

VN Store

Back