College Gameday 8.28.21

Herbstreit was wearing a Tennessee orange tie. the guy is a Vol 2nd to Ohio state. He wants Tennessee back to elite status.

Yep. And Rece Davis does a great job. I like both. But then again, I’m not the kind who gets upset with TV analysts for speaking a truth I don’t like or for having a different opinion than me. Tennessee did have a ton of transfers and, with the exception of 2015-16, Tennessee has been irrelevant. ESPN is not to blame for that. Tennessee is.

Yall know everyone age 38 and up thats not a UT fan literally hates them because they couldnt be them and couldnt pack 107000 in a stadium every weekend LOL. So now its their time to shine and hate dang it.
I agree with this assessment. Other than Vol fans there is plenty of bitterness out there due to how our Vols have mistreated their football teams in the past.

I expect us to score points in bunches this year and they will feel justified for carrying their bitterness through our lean years of winning.

Reactions: mpfvol
It’s reality until we can prove ourselves again. Some people were upset, but Herbie and to a lesser extent Rece have a history of also saying positive things about Tennessee when we had a few decent seasons.

Herbstreit is a really nice and unassuming guy face to face. I wouldn't take a national show that doesn't promote a team that's been historically mediocre for the last 12 years personally.

Chris Fowler on the other hand.......Tennessee Trailer Trash? He's dead to me. ;-)

VN Store

Back