College basketball corruption

There have only been a handful of times in the last 30+ years where Louisville hasn't played in the NCAA or at least got an NIT bid.

Even if they don't get the death penalty, a two or three year post season ban, maybe losd of scholarships, can't be ruled out. This would be a game changer for ACC D1 basketball, and could even indirectly impact the D1 mid majors in the region.

Even if the NCAA does jack squat, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if at least one or two teams inact some sort of self imposed penalties at some point. With the number of names and schools being mentioned, even if a lot of it turns out false, at least one or two schools are going to get hit by this.

So apparently the going rate for a top 25 recruit, and barely that, for Creighton is $100,000.

NCAA just needs to travel to Durham and ask some questions.

Why? There was a clear case of academic fraud 7 miles down the road and the NCAA did nothing about it.

I wish the next time the NCAA comes knocking the offending school laughs at them and shows them the door and completely ignores them.

Why? There was a clear case of academic fraud 7 miles down the road and the NCAA did nothing about it.

I wish the next time the NCAA comes knocking the offending school laughs at them and shows them the door and completely ignores them.
never said they would do anything, but.......

Also. I'm not real sure I want to know everything that goes on behind the scenes in college athletics. Seems like a classic case of, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it it."
I'm closely involved in a non-revenue college sport...and IT is a little dicey.

Reactions: Boca Vol
never said they would do anything, but.......

Also. I'm not real sure I want to know everything that goes on behind the scenes in college athletics. Seems like a classic case of, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it it."
I'm closely involved in a non-revenue college sport...and IT is a little dicey.

Interesting...

Interesting...

Just because something like Cross Country or Women's Volleyball may be a non-revenue sport on paper, doesn't mean that there aren't ways someone could make money out of it if they play their cards and cover their tracks right.

Here has always been my proposal. If the rule would be changed that can make money off their own likeness. On the scholarship paperwork or whatever. Find a percentage and say for example for every jersey bought with your number you get 20%. You get half of that monthly or so. The other half a university savings fund will save till either make it college eligibility is up but rather id prefer till you get degree. That might put a carrot out there for these guys to finish school instead of these 4 year players that you hear of finishing their eligibility but no degree. So basically money to help get them through but more money almost like a 401k lol at back end to start their adult life. To me it just makes sense. If more people buy a #2 jersey while Johnny Manziel jersey is on campus. When typically #12 is Texas A&Ms best seller. Why wouldnt he be compensated. Its obvious of why people buy #2 instead. Now that being said if teams have kids with same number one offense and one defense is how you figure that out as some kid on defense can argue they are buying my jersey too. So how would that work i dont know. If they didnt specify everyone would want to pick out a defense number the same as Peyton Manning so they could profit too. Hahaha

VN Store

Back