College Baseball Season is HERE!

West Columbia Gamecock

Gamecock Ambassador
I am glad that there is now a baseball forum on here. I have enjoyed following college baseball for several years. South Carolina Baseball has been the only steady sports program, at least steadily good. I guess the basketball and football teams have been steadily mediocre for a long time.

Anyway, I hope that UT can get it together for the conference schedule. Luke Hochevar was one of the best SEC pitchers I've ever seen. What a player.

Carolina should have a good team this year. Next season we'll open a new $28 Million stadium. Ray Tanner has to be one of the best college baseball coaches in the game. We open the season tomorrow in Wilmington, NC vs. Oklahoma.

Kudos to freak for opening this forum.

By the way, I never got an answer to my question in the Carlos Dunlap thread about GAVol. How in the heck did he get to be a Moderator? I'm just honored to be part of something as special as the Vol Nation. It just makes me feel good that you give opportunities to the less fortunate.

The requirements were not so strict back in the day when GAVOL joined. :p

By the way, I never got an answer to my question in the Carlos Dunlap thread about GAVol. How in the heck did he get to be a Moderator? I'm just honored to be part of something as special as the Vol Nation. It just makes me feel good that you give opportunities to the less fortunate.

:rofl:

Kip Bouknight may have been the best pitcher I've seen in this league since I've been following SEC baseball. He may not have been the most talented, but he would just beat your ass.

Tough, tough pitcher. I may be skewed in my thinking because he absolutely gave us fits, but I saw him against many other opponents and he was just as tough.

Yaron Peters (just jumped into my head how much I hated to see him come to the plate) was a real killer, too.

USC has great baseball tradition. I'm looking forward to seeing the new digs. Ray Tanner is a great coach and a fine gentleman as well. A great credit to USC and college baseball.

Kip wasn't even a pitcher until he got to college. They came up with "The Kip Bouknight Rule" in Dixie Youth Ball. It was a rule where you couldn't intentionally walk a batter more than once in a game.

Legend has it that on one intentional walk attempt, Kip leaned over and swung at the pitch only to knock it out of the park. If he stays in the NL, you'll get to see his batting ability. He's still playing; Triple A ball with the Pirates.

VN Store

Back