Colin Kaepernick Thread

Here is the Kaepernick workout. I'm struggling to find the NFL's video of it. Strange, since they want control to distribute this content. They're just going to allow others to get all the youtube $ and not cash in?

So they're going to share it with the public then? Sure thing.

NFL has their own video of the workout, but ^ that is not theirs

The NFL is supposed to share the full contents of a private workout with the public? What in the world?

Ye ole goal posts are a shifting.

Next time you go for an interview demand that your team be there to record it and tell them it's because you don't trust them and want to be able to share the interview with the public. Good luck!

Why does this matter?

Gabbert threw more picks than TD's on that team and had fewer ypg and a lower completion % and he's not the same run threat. Gabbert is still in the league. How can you say the guy who performed notably better than Gabbert doesn't belong in the league when Gabbert is still hanging around?

I wonder why? Is it because Gabbert is white?

Here is the Kaepernick workout. I'm struggling to find the NFL's video of it. Strange, since they want to distribute this content.

where did the NFL say they want to distribute it to the public? It's an evaluation tool for teams to see if they want to make an offer.

strawman - not wanting to publish it and suppressing it from people interested in hiring him are two different things.

The NFL is supposed to share the full contents of a private workout with the public? What in the world?

Ye ole goal posts are a shifting.

Next time you go for an interview demand that your team be there to record it and tell them it's because you don't trust them and want to be able to share the interview with the public. Good luck!

You're saying they want to control distribution? Why? Why do they care if they're not going to publish it?

where did the NFL say they want to distribute it to the public? It's an evaluation tool for teams to see if they want to make an offer.

strawman - not wanting to publish it and suppressing it from people interested in hiring him are two different things.

You said they want to control distribution. I'm going off what you said. That either means they want to make $ off it or they want to hide it. Why else would they care to control it? Just give me one fkn reason.

I wonder why? Is it because Gabbert is white?

Gabbert is still in the league because he is a borderline NFL QB that is just good enough to make $1.5M this year. Kaepernick is clearly better than him. Why make it about skin color? I'm just refuting your opinion that Kaepernick is borderline with clear-cut evidence that he is better than that.

LOL again

LOL at the idea that the NFL said “we haven’t spoken to you in months but now you can have a workout, but only if you accept within 2 hours, have it on the absolute worst day possible, find out when you get here that there are no receivers, waive all rights to sue us for completely unrelated reasons, and allow no video to exist other than ours (which we won’t tell you until one day before the workout) but TRUST US we’ll be fair and objective despite all these conditions” and you think Kaepernick is the one being unreasonable

You said they want to control distribution. I'm going off what you said. That either means they want to make $ off it or they want to hide it. Why else would they care to control it? Just give me one fkn reason.

calm down dude.

I'm sure they would like to make money and like they do with all their content they would extend rights for use of some material to media outlets

Virtually no organization lets an openly hostile actor come into the place of business and film what they like and distribute it as they choose. It's insanity.

The NFL offered an opportunity to CK because some teams wished to evaluate him. CK put conditions that I certainly wouldn't agree to on the situation (I'd have cancelled the whole damn thing for that request).

The NFLs interest here is to let teams get a look. 25 of 32 were seeing it live - hard to suppress his "real performance" from those 25. The NFL had no interest in suppressing the performance from the people it was designed for - the NFL teams. This wasn't for the public.

Given his penchant for PR I'd also be concerned he would use the work out for some stunt and have footage of his stunt. Again, virtually no organization in their right mind would open themselves to that kind of risk.

LOL at the idea that the NFL said “we haven’t spoken to you in months but now you can have a workout, but only if you accept within 2 hours, have it on the absolute worst day possible, find out when you get here that there are no receivers, waive all rights to sue us for completely unrelated reasons, and allow no video to exist other than ours (which we won’t tell you until one day before the workout) but TRUST US we’ll be fair and objective despite all these conditions” and you think Kaepernick is the one being unreasonable

Most slanted way to describe the situation - congrats

Gabbert is still in the league because he is a borderline NFL QB that is just good enough to make $1.5M this year. Kaepernick is clearly better than him. Why make it about skin color? I'm just refuting your opinion that Kaepernick is borderline with clear-cut evidence that he is better than that.

IYO he is. In the opinion of the NFL teams who would be his employer he is not clearly better to the extent to have to endure the headache that would undoubtedly come with his employment. If you can get someone close to the same without the headache, why choose differently?

Most slanted way to describe the situation - congrats

Nah, “most slanted” would be describing the situation as “CK putting conditions on it” when the NFL literally wrote in several ridiculous conditions from the very beginning

IYO he is. In the opinion of the NFL teams who would be his employer he is not clearly better to the extent to have to endure the headache that would undoubtedly come with his employment. If you can get someone close to the same without the headache, why choose differently?

It's my opinion? He was clearly better than Gabbert. Show me one person who will say he wasn't. It's not even close. I'm not arguing that he's worth the headache, I'm arguing that he's much better than "borderline".

calm down dude.

I'm sure they would like to make money and like they do with all their content they would extend rights for use of some material to media outlets

Virtually no organization lets an openly hostile actor come into the place of business and film what they like and distribute it as they choose. It's insanity.

The NFL offered an opportunity to CK because some teams wished to evaluate him. CK put conditions that I certainly wouldn't agree to on the situation (I'd have cancelled the whole damn thing for that request).

The NFLs interest here is to let teams get a look. 25 of 32 were seeing it live - hard to suppress his "real performance" from those 25. The NFL had no interest in suppressing the performance from the people it was designed for - the NFL teams. This wasn't for the public.

Given his penchant for PR I'd also be concerned he would use the work out for some stunt and have footage of his stunt. Again, virtually no organization in their right mind would open themselves to that kind of risk.

If “some teams wished to evaluate him” and the NFL were merely acting to facilitate that interest, then they’d be in contact with Kaepernick’s team well before the announcement, schedule it on a Tuesday and not a CFB Saturday when all scouts (in addition to teams and coaches) were busy, announce it more than like 3 days before the workout and discuss receivers/filming/all other logistics well in advance. They wouldn’t slap something together in 2 days and say we tried. It’s hard for me to believe that people are actually buying this

calm down dude.

Cool post.

So, no other reason to control distribution than to publish it and make $ off the public or hide it from the public, right? Why publish other workouts and not this one? Hmmm....

It's my opinion? He was clearly better than Gabbert. Show me one person who will say he wasn't. It's not even close. I'm not arguing that he's worth the headache, I'm arguing that he's much better than "borderline".

Sorry. Not good enough. And he is borderline. Probably not even borderline at this point.

If “some teams wished to evaluate him” and the NFL were merely acting to facilitate that interest, then they’d be in contact with Kaepernick’s team well before the announcement, schedule it on a Tuesday and not a CFB Saturday when all scouts (in addition to teams and coaches) were busy, announce it more than like 3 days before the workout and discuss receivers/filming/all other logistics well in advance. They wouldn’t slap something together in 2 days and say we tried. It’s hard for me to believe that people are actually buying this

25 teams were on board

Cool post.

So, no other reason to control distribution than to publish it and make $ off the public or hide it from the public, right? Why publish other workouts and not this one? Hmmm....

Hide it from the public? LOL.

Go ahead and take your own camera crew to your next interview - tell them it's for transparency.

Reactions: 37L1
So he's not clearly better than Gabbert? I need to hear you say it.

I never said he wasn't better than Gabbert. I have insinuated he wasn't so much better than Gabbert to aleviate the inevitable headache he would bring. If you have ever been in a hire/fire position you would know exactly where I am coming from. You want to be a pita by all means be one, but come "layoff" time, don't wonder why you are on the list.

My $.02: I think the whole thing was a sham and neither side came away looking good. If Kap really wanted to play, he would have shown up, did the workout, and then let everyone else make up their minds. If you are called for a job interview do you change the location and other stuff last minute? No, you abide by what the company wants you to do and you let the chips fall where they may. If you really want a job you just show up and let it rip. Had he shown up, shut up, balled out and still nobody gave him a shot, he would look like a champ and the NFL would look like slime. Kap doesn't want a job, he wants sympathy. And my opinion is he failed at being then martyr in this case. He just looks like a brat. For once I agree with Stephen A. Smith.

Reactions: butchna
Good luck to the stupid organization that imports this drama.

VN Store

Back