Coker

BACKDOC

Do you think the coaches will ever realize who their RB is. What is Coker's avg./carry for the season?

Coker is the best back we have this year. I wish they would get him more carries and get the line blocking better for him to bust it through.

Coker still has trouble pass blocking. He should have the system down well enough to be The Guy at the start of 2007.

Coker still has trouble pass blocking. He should have the system down well enough to be The Guy at the start of 2007.

and he's not been healthy much of the year. I don't give our coaches a lot of credit, but I think they used him the best they could this year. riggs had the same pass blocking problem for a good portion of his stay as a vol.. that and he couldn't always pass his classes.

I read where Coker has never allowed a sack..So what's wrong with his pass blocking?

Hardesty should not be moved. He will be almost as good as Coker, IMO, with some more time to learn. Coker is our guy, obviously, but people are writing Hardesty off after his first season playing. He's a freshman for goodness sakes! And I know I dumped on Foster, but he's only a sophomore! Let maturity and experience play a role before we speak of moving people.

To restate: I think Hardesty will be a very very good punch to put in after Coker.

he did get hurt pretty bad in the Alabama game.

i think the coaches have the same worry as some of the fans. he might not be an ever down back.

Guys lets not label Coker as "the guy" just yet. He is only a freshman who had a pretty good year, considering. Remember what happened last time we labeled a running back as "the one"?? It was just this past offseason with Arian Foster. How did that turn out?

I would point out that these days you really need two quality backs...and Foster is a quality back, not a stunner, but a good, quality back....

Foster isn't big enough to play fullback, Hardesty would be a better choice.

I think they would transfer if they were asked to play fullback.

Still need a reliable back-up/2nd team RB. Coker then Foster.

Hardesty might play fullback but he would be small, not a great lead blocker. Be a good opportunity to use him in different formations, put him at WR in a spread formation if he has good hands. Get a good match-up with a LB, the same with Coker. I would like Fulmer to use mulitple formations in the same series.

Is it just me, or did Hardesty, at the end of the season, look head and shoulders better than Foster? Hardesty's problem early on was that he didn't hit holes, but danced. The last 4 weeks or so, he really nailed the hole and looked studly.

Is it just me, or did Hardesty, at the end of the season, look head and shoulders better than Foster? Hardesty's problem early on was that he didn't hit holes, but danced. The last 4 weeks or so, he really nailed the hole and looked studly.

I knew all you West Coasters were alike.

He did look better I think, and the reason was, he said, that he finally felt he trust his (knee?) when he dug in to go....

VN Store

Back