Cody Brown in transfer portal

Didn't Small play some at rb??

Yes. Had a few good carries last year and will likely benefit from this system as well. Has good not great speed but is fairly shifty and will be another option in the backfield for sure. Could easily see him being utilized as a pass catcher out of the backfield in space under Heupel.

I agree, it'll def be a work in progress. Gotta be better than what we've seen the last 4 years. JG didn't scare anyone and the rbs ran into 7 man fronts consistsntly. Bailey is just mobile enough to move the pocket some and has the arm to stretch the field. It has to help the run game. IF he gets beat out by Salter or Hooker then maybe we'll be blessed with 2 or 3yrs of Dobbs 2.0.

I agree completely . Cjp's biggest folly was leaving JG at Qb. His,second biggest folly was running and o and system that require top shelf level players at all positions. That has been something I have read about cjh ...he coaches and schemes to his players abilities.

I loved Dobbs...but he was running for his life most of the time and could not consistently complete a 5 yard pass. I am hoping for something more like Clemson

Didn’t want or need you anyway Wanya, Eric, Henry, Automaglia, Quavaris, Jahmir, Key, Dylan, Roc (whoops), All the other guys, Cody!

The problem you have here , in the SEC is that most teams in the league are not afraid to man cover . The front 4 for the the top tier of the league can control the line of scrimmage with no help , negating any advantage that could be created in the secondary. The next level down can control with front 4 + 1 . I don't see this offense somehow revolutionizing football in the SEC. Its going to comeback to match up football , meaning the QB is going to have to identify the favorable match up pre-snap and execute. Most of the running plays you see at Central take far too long to develop and allow too much backside pressure for all but a couple of the SEC teams we face. What he did at Mizzou worked wonders against weak defenses but fizzled badly against decent to good defenses ...and that was with great offensive athletes. So I am not as confident as many on here seem to be. I hope I am wrong
Man, you nailed it. There is no magical schematic bullet, the Jimmies and the Joes still matter. Hopefully we can have enough success early against crappy teams that we can attract top tier talent when they see the potential. I am excited to see guys like Hyatt utilized by CJH, people are crazy though if they don't understand 6-6 would be a helluva coaching job next year.

Reactions: majic73
Man, you nailed it. There is no magical schematic bullet, the Jimmies and the Joes still matter. Hopefully we can have enough success early against crappy teams that we can attract top tier talent when they see the potential. I am excited to see guys like Hyatt utilized by CJH, people are crazy though if they don't understand 6-6 would be a helluva coaching job next year.

Much easier schedule next season gives us a real shot at 6 + wins !

What he did at Mizzou worked wonders against weak defenses but fizzled badly against decent to good defenses ...and that was with great offensive athletes. So I am not as confident as many on here seem to be. I hope I am wrong

Did it though? NCAA Statistics

38th in Rushing, one spot behind Tennessee and Kamara, Kelly, and Hurd.

I'm not sure I'd call Damerea Crockett and Ish Witter great offensive athletes either. Crocket wasn't bad and made it to the NFL as an UDFA, but in his own recruiting class there were nine other SEC running backs ranked higher than him, including Fils Amine.

Reactions: LittleVol
Another loser of the prior administration (Pruitt). I assume he was a frequent Happy Meal recipient while those meals were being served. Now he can go back to his hole and show the local ladies how rich he is.

Thank God this clown never wore the Orange and White.

Another possibility: maybe he did talk to the Tennessee staff. Maybe this move is about fit.

p.s. He was careful in his wording to thank the coaches who recruited him. Not the current staff. This is reading a lot into a single sentence, but he may feel a bit spurned by Heupel & Co.

Completely agree this is a fit thing. CJH wants speed and hands. I would love to have a bruiser like this (really haven't since Lewis) but cannot blame a kid who is being told he likely won't be the featured back and may not even be a great fit save for short yardage. Even then how often would he be a decoy. Good luck young man.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back