Coach's Reaction To Oklahoma Opening

I am imagining the heat miser opening one of his go to publications to see what they are saying about his team..... and sees an article about UT and coach hype.

Would not be surprised if they get a phone call.

I heard this on the radio when I was driving today, and I got the impression that he was trying to be diplomatic with his answer. He said he likes it here and plans on being here, but he definitely did not take a hardline against the rumors. And as another poster said, he could have given an emphatic ‘I am not going to Oklahoma’ but he didn’t do that.

These guys are all mercenaries.

Like Heupel better than any coach we have had by far in the last decade and think he is sincere in his words but money talks at the end of the day.
And those pretending like they wouldn't do what's best for them and their families are disingenuous at best.

And those pretending like they wouldn't do what's best for them and their families are disingenuous at best.

I know I certainly would of someone offered me life changing money.

I wouldnt like it but, if OK offered Heupel a Saban ( or Riley or Kelley at this point) level contract, I wouldn't blame him for bolting.

He said exactly what anyone in his position should say. Talk glowingly about his current position while also not closing any doors to future possibilities.

Nothing about that statement should lead Vol fans to think Coach Heupel will let any calls from Norman, Oklahoma roll to voicemail.

VN Store

Back