Coaching Rankings.

It's quite a coincidence for any coach to have not one, but two Final Four appearances vacated.

Absolutely. From everything i've heard from opposing fans, they say we run one of the best message boards.

ESPN must have received the same memorandum.

Why else would Volnation be an ESPN affiliate?

Something is going right.

What has "he" been sanctioned for?

If it happened once, I could maybe see the whole Cal wasn't involved argument. However, it's happened twice with him at the helm, and that's no coincidence. When it comes to cheating, he's only good at keeping his name clean.

Absolutely. From everything i've heard from opposing fans, they say we run one of the best message boards.

I don't even bother with other vols sites after finding this one. And I have yet to find an opposing fan's site that was as done as this one, either. It's the friggin' gold standard as far as I am concerned. This guy should just move along if it is so awful.

Yeesh...I now see why this site has a bad name.

No one's forcing you to read or post here, you know. And this "bad name" you speak of is from blind homers on other sites who probably don't have an IQ above room temperature...in Celsius.

Well. the Ramar thing is true, he had a bad reputation. But the Tyler Smith situation is different. I don't know any of the players, but I've talked to people who are often in that building during the course of my studies. One of them told me Bruce thought all Tyler's trouble was behind him, and that he (Bruce) took the responsibility Tyler's dad left him with very seriously. Supposedly he took the news harder than anyone when the New Years incident happened. Maybe that's completely untrue and I've been sold line of BS, but that's how it was explained to me. Young men tend to make decisions that are disappointing, to themselves and to others. You can't lay it all on the coach.

b.s.

Pearl should have kicked Tyler off of the team before this even happened. Then we would have been able to run our fast paste offense.

I believe my sentiments are already well known by most, I enjoy this board more than any other. (UK boards included). You VOL bast#rds are my second family.

Enough of the sappy shat.

You guys suck!

Well. the Ramar thing is true, he had a bad reputation. But the Tyler Smith situation is different. I don't know any of the players, but I've talked to people who are often in that building during the course of my studies. One of them told me Bruce thought all Tyler's trouble was behind him, and that he (Bruce) took the responsibility Tyler's dad left him with very seriously. Supposedly he took the news harder than anyone when the New Years incident happened. Maybe that's completely untrue and I've been sold line of BS, but that's how it was explained to me. Young men tend to make decisions that are disappointing, to themselves and to others. You can't lay it all on the coach.
Bruce wanted to believe Tyler was reformed because he needed him. If Tyler was a Tony Passley talent, he would have tossed him before he ever played a game. Ramar was the worst guy he's recruited, but Tyler and Josh Tabb aren't far behind.

Bruce wanted to believe Tyler was reformed because he needed him. If Tyler was a Tony Passley talent, he would have tossed him before he ever played a game. Ramar was the worst guy he's recruited, but Tyler and Josh Tabb aren't far behind.
Although I don't doubt that he may have believed what he wanted to believe, I still think it goes a little deeper. I could be way off, but after Tyler's dad died, it seemed like Pearl almost acted as a father figure, at least earlier on. I could be wrong, but I still think that losing Tyler probably hurt a little more than him just being a good player.

You have to understand where hatvol is coming from, tvolsfan. You probably think Pearl is a fairly decent guy who is possible of building close, personal relationships with players. Hatvol, however, feels differently.

Although I don't doubt that he may have believed what he wanted to believe, I still think it goes a little deeper. I could be way off, but after Tyler's dad died, it seemed like Pearl almost acted as a father figure, at least earlier on. I could be wrong, but I still think that losing Tyler probably hurt a little more than him just being a good player.

This is likely the case.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bruce Pearl is top 10. Easy hes won everywhere immediately

Don’t tell that to Hat, who has called for Pearl’s job in the past. He was also on the money about Prince, Maze, Goins, and Billy Gillispie. His expertise is limitless.

Edit: Let me say I usually agree with Hat. His basketball IQ is 10x that of most posters here, but his condescending tone gets a little old at times.

Last edited:
Don’t tell that to Hat, who has called for Pearl’s job in the past. He was also on the money about Prince, Maze, Goins, and Billy Gillispie. His expertise is limitless.
I'd love to see proof of this "calling for Pearl's job" you speak of. Of course, since it doesn't exist and constitutes the typical lying you get from Pearlophiles, I won't hold out much hope.

I find that most on here couldn't detect hyperbole or sarcasm if it punched them in the face.
As the Fulmer debacle shows, when I call for someone to be fired, I do it consistently and often. When I'm trying to simply enrage Pearlophiles, it's much more isolated.

The way you spoke in that thread, that was no hyperbole. Later in the thread you stated the end was near for Pearl.

VN Store

Back