Coaches Salaries

WA_Vol

I was looking on the net for coaches salaries.

Fulmer 2.2 mil
Richt 1.5 mil
Tubberville 1.3 mil

an article dated 2004, said tubberville could join the 2 mil club with incentives from a bowl. the 2 mil club included saban, and stoops according to the article. Which one of these names in the 2 mil club seems out of place: Stoops, Saban, Fulmer

flame away.

here's some other for you...

Fulmer and Richt have the same amount of SEC titles. Fulmer has more SECCG appearances than Richt. Fulmer has 1 more SEC title than Tubberville and more SECCG appearances than Tubberville.

and finally he's the only one of the SEC coaches listed that has an outright National Title.

Now did he deserve a raise every year? no, but he's earned his keep.

Let me explain, personally I think they are all over paid , but that is another discussion. Did Fulmer earn his 2.2 mil this yr? Well it doesn't really matter, that is the contract he has. He got in the "club" based on yrs before this one (the 04 season stands out in my mind as one that he earned his paycheck, not a single person expected us to be playing in the SEC championship at the beginning of that season)

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Jan 4 said:
The man has bills to pay and mouths to feed. Give him a break why don't you.
Looking at Fulmer, I'm going to guess the feed bill is rather substantial.

please don't play that "need-to-feed-my-family" card! damn, sounding like Latrel Sprewell. 10 million doesn't feed my family.

(lawgator1 @ Jan 4 said:
yeah i know, sometimes you'd never know this was "volnation". sheeeesh. I guess the next time Gameday comes to Knoxville, there will be TN fans holding up the pumpkin signs and the Phil signs...we won't need the other teams' fans to do it any longer, there's enough disdain for phil in our fan bases to support any of our opponents fan bases.

Go Vols

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:
I was looking on the net for coaches salaries.

Fulmer 2.2 mil
Richt 1.5 mil
Tubberville 1.3 mil

an article dated 2004, said tubberville could join the 2 mil club with incentives from a bowl. the 2 mil club included saban, and stoops according to the article. Which one of these names in the 2 mil club seems out of place: Stoops, Saban, Fulmer

flame away.

I choose to forgo the negativity of the past season and be optimistic about the future.I think the majority of the TRUE UT fans echo my sentiments. One more thing, I think Tennessee's 100,000 plus fans that continue to show up game after game agree. By the way, we're gonna beat that :horse: right off the darn board!

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:
yeah i know, sometimes you'd never know this was "volnation". sheeeesh. I guess the next time Gameday comes to Knoxville, there will be TN fans holding up the pumpkin signs and the Phil signs...we won't need the other teams' fans to do it any longer, there's enough disdain for phil in our fan bases to support any of our opponents fan bases.

Go Vols
The next time Gameday comes to Knoxville it will be a sign of the Apacolypse and we should all head for hills. :espn:

(hatvol96 @ Jan 4 said:
Looking at Fulmer, I'm going to guess the feed bill is rather substantial.
feed bill now thats a classic, right there next to the brady bunch post i heard today :post-20645-1119625378:

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Jan 4 said:
The man has bills to pay and mouths to feed. Give him a break why don't you.

If we were talking about Shawn Kemp you would have a valid argument. :hi:

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:

Fulmer and Richt have the same amount of SEC titles. Fulmer has more SECCG appearances than Richt. Fulmer has 1 more SEC title than Tubberville and more SECCG appearances than Tubberville.

and finally he's the only one of the SEC coaches listed that has an outright National Title.

Ok, but he hasn't won anything since 1998, championships I mean, which is the bottom line.

(utfantilidie @ Jan 4 said:
I choose to forgo the negativity of the past season and be optimistic about the future.I think the majority of the TRUE UT fans echo my sentiments. One more thing, I think Tennessee's 100,000 plus fans that continue to show up game after game agree. By the way, we're gonna beat that :horse: right off the darn board!

If you apologists had your way, we'd probably still have bill battle and wade houston as coaches. it takes a lot more to criticize fulmer then it does to come in here and :air_kiss: :moon2:

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:

Go Vols

you come in here and sometimes you would never know fulmer just laid the biggest egg in college football this year.

if you guys had your way, we'd still have majors and peterson as coaches.

the reason fulmer hasnt made any change up to this point is because he's got so many people blowing smoke and making excuses for him.

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:
it takes a lot more balls to criticize fulmer then it does to come in here and :air_kiss: :moon2:

Then you must be about the manliest poster we've got. :biggrin2:

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:
If you apologists had your way, we'd probably still have bill battle and wade houston as coaches. it takes a lot more to criticize fulmer then it does to come in here and :air_kiss: :moon2:

I guess I do not undestand. Are you saying if anyone has another view point they will get slammed for it. When I joined I thought this board accepted different views.

(golf437 @ Jan 4 said:
I guess I do not undestand. Are you saying if anyone has another view point they will get slammed for it. When I joined I thought this board accepted different views.
We definitely accept all views. Some people just have difficulty articulating an argument without resorting to namecalling.

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:
it takes a lot more to criticize fulmer then it does to come in here and :air_kiss: :moon2:

Yeah, it's real tough to criticize Fulmer as an annonymous poster on a message board
:blink:

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:

:horse:

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:

AMEN

VN Store

Back