Coaches Poll

What’s it matter. SC is going to win SEC and NC. That’s how womens basketball works. Rarely are top 2 seeds ever upset.

Reactions: feathersax
What’s it matter. SC is going to win SEC and NC. That’s how womens basketball works. Rarely are top 2 seeds ever upset.
Don't count on the latter. There are too many good teams in the mix and SC is liable to be upset along the way.

Reactions: VolFuture
I wonder how MTSU keep in the top 25 of the rankings. Yes they beat Louisville but lost to Texas Tech, Univ. Of Texas San Antonio, and Mercer and they are ranked and Tenn is not ranked. To me that does not seem right. With the exception of Mississippi State, Tennessee’s loses have been to ranked teams. No one has exactly ran the Lady Vols out of the gym.

I wonder how MTSU keep in the top 25 of the rankings. Yes they beat Louisville but lost to Texas Tech, Univ. Of Texas San Antonio, and Mercer and they are ranked and Tenn is not ranked. To me that does not seem right. With the exception of Mississippi State, Tennessee’s loses have been to ranked teams. No one has exactly ran the Lady Vols out of the gym.

that poll is 🗑 and the coaches know it! How is Oregon receiving votes from coaches and i don't think they HAVE A WIN in the month of February!

Tennessee shot itself in the foot with that ridiculous schedule with so many new additions to the team. I hope Kelly learned something. She is not starting a Holdsclaw, the Meeks and a Jolly.

I think it just shows how little coaches respect Kellie and her program because there is no way we shouldn’t be in the top 25 at least.
I agree. I think we should be somewhere at the bottom of the top 25. On the other hand, what are their top 3 wins ?

I agree. I think we should be somewhere at the bottom of the top 25. On the other hand, what are their top 3 wins ?
Colorado, Ole Miss & Arkansas while still receiving votes. Also, We were close against Virginia Tech and Indiana while having either Rickea or Jordan not playing. 1 point loss to Gonzaga. We have beaten a lot of tournament-bound teams. 32 teams are automatic qualifiers and the rest are at Large qualifiers. Our worst loss came against Ucant or UCLA, two very good teams that can beat anyone on any given night. Just because some teams like UNLV & Middle Tennessee have good records doesn't necessarily mean they are a good enough team to be in the top 25

Tennessee shot itself in the foot with that ridiculous schedule with so many new additions to the team. I hope Kelly learned something. She is not starting a Holdsclaw, the Meeks and a Jolly.
In fairness, MD starts 4 new players. IU starts 3 new players. LSU also starts 3-4 new players. It can be done, it’s just hard given schedules, personalities etc. On LSU, I realize they haven’t played anyone, prob a bad inclusion there, but MD and IU are solid examples.

I think it just shows how little coaches respect Kellie and her program because there is no way we shouldn’t be in the top 25 at least.

It's also a way to get in a good shot at TN for all these programs that can't hold a candle up to them lol ... Let's keep TN outta the poles because they curbstomped our a$$3$ over and over. 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't think it's exactly disrespect, I think it's more a fool me once distrust. This has been going on for a couple of years. Every time they rank us highly, we tank. IMO the high preseason ranking was the last straw. Gonna be awhile before they trust us again, understandably.

I don't think it's exactly disrespect, I think it's more a fool me once distrust. This has been going on for a couple of years. Every time they rank us highly, we tank. IMO the high preseason ranking was the last straw. Gonna be awhile before they trust us again, understandably.
But she’s consistently made it to the Sweet 16 every year I think that dictates respect. Top 16 every year plus a top net and sos. I agree they just don’t respect her

Reactions: LadyVol1908
zackly

But she’s consistently made it to the Sweet 16 every year I think that dictates respect. Top 16 every year plus a top net and sos. I agree they just don’t respect her
My thought is this, no matter where the LV’s are ranked or placed, I believe they make the final 16….baseline. So if that happens, ……..

maybe voters are weighting that louisville win i dont see any games we won that we were underdog in

But she’s consistently made it to the Sweet 16 every year I think that dictates respect. Top 16 every year plus a top net and sos.

britney-confused-gif.gif

There is no way there are 25 better teams than UT in NCAAW BB….Jesus, the MTSU and likes never should be ranked, imagine them or the LV team with the same schedule as UT
Ok. So Oregon is receiving votes in the Coaches poll and they have lost 10 of their last 12. #25 Illinois was blown out tonight by unranked Nebraska by 33 and number and #20 Iowa State was beaten by Oklahoma State. We would wipe UNLV and/or Middle Tennessee off the court. These polls are getting less accurate than Charlie Creme's bracketology. If the Committee Looks at the NET, RPI and takes into consideration each game, point margin, and where it was played, Tennessee is a legit top 4 seed. I would think the committee would be embarrassed placing the Lady Vols at a 6 or 7 and potentially having one or two of their top seeds bumped before the sweet 16 or elite 8.

VN Store

Back