Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

Yeah during the Ole Miss/TAMU game they showed a graphic of coaches with gigantic boyouts and Franklin was like 3rd or 4th. The one that really shocked me was Mel Tucker for Michigan St.
They jumped head first into that after that hot start last year which was a flash in the pan hiding a lot of close games to bad teams.

Yeah during the Ole Miss/TAMU game they showed a graphic of coaches with gigantic boyouts and Franklin was like 3rd or 4th. The one that really shocked me was Mel Tucker for Michigan St.

Tucker’s buyout doesn’t really shock me. MSU is on their 3rd coach is two decades. Tucker is solid who hit it big in year 1. The odds of him leaving MSU are low as MSU tends to hold onto coaches for a while.

But the year 1 performance spring loaded expectations and that rebuild is gonna take a tad bit longer than everyone thought after last year. MSU can offer that buyout size because they haven’t had to fire coaches so they got coffers full.

Reactions: GoVols15
How long will Arkansas St. put up with Butch? They went 2-10 last year, and right now they are 2-7. They do play UMass Saturday which should be a W, but after that it's Texas St. and Troy. TSU isn't good but they likely aren't beating Troy. So at best we're probably talking 4-8.

Not counting the 2020 Covid season where ASU went 4-7, Jones is having the worst seasons since the early 2000s. I know it's Arkansas St. but even they've had some standards for the past 12 years or so, ever since Hugh Freeze showed up.

Reactions: Aesius
Athlon online said Scott Frost is a major candidate for the head football coaching job at South Florida.

Reactions: BUBear
Auburn cashing out on Gus was amazing at the time.

Look what FSU paid to terminate Willie Taggert: “Following a 4-5 start to the 2019 season, Taggart was fired during mid-season in November 2019. For the removal of Taggart, Florida State had to pay over $20M in buyouts, including about $18M to Taggart after the firing and over $4M paid to Oregon at his hiring ($3M to end Taggart's contract with Oregon and an additional $1.3M that Oregon still owed South Florida for hiring Taggart away in 2016).“

The latest Coaches Hotseat Top 30 list

View attachment 512560
I would flip Sark and Pry.

Texas seems pretty accepting of Sark right now. I think OU and TAMU being in deeper water at the moment is cooling their heels off a bit.

They are big time assuming they are ready to play the SEC because they took Bama to the wire with a back up. They think it will be like the Big 12. Show up for a couple games and you win the conference. How quickly they forget Arkansas just the year before.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Stoops might need to be on the list now. Going from #7 to losing to Vandy at home is just embarrassing

There's a very real possibility that they lose out to finish .500. Considering expectations, that would be tough. But, I don't think there's any way that he would get fired. He's got them two 10-win seasons in the past five years.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
There's a very real possibility that they lose out to finish .500. Considering expectations, that would be tough. But, I don't think there's any way that he would get fired. He's got them two 10-win seasons in the past five years.
I think Kentucky will limp to a 6-7 record with a loss to Louisville and a loss in the Liberty Bowl,Birmingham Bowl or Gasparilla Bowl.

There's no way he gets fired. Their loss to Vandy this weekend was their first truly bad loss since 2019 South Carolina. Any loss is disappointing, but this is his first unacceptable/hard-to-explain loss in a while.

As you said they've also been to (and won) 2 NYD bowl games the last 4 seasons and is locked up via a big contract extension that runs through 2027 (I think), and he'll get an automatic one-year extension if he manages to not lose out.

I don't think OU fires Venables under any circumstance this season, but does he guarantee that he'll come into a "have a big season in 2023 or you're fired" situation if he doesn't beat Oklahoma St on Saturday?

This is a rivalry game, in Norman, and Okie St has fallen off a cliff after their 6-1 start, having been blown out by K-State and Kansas and barely beating a bad Iowa St team at home.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back