Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

If PT does well for a few seasons where he is, he'll get his P5 shot

Duke is 3-2 this year not exactly sure what they expect over there

I dunno man. He wanted the gig when they hired Norvell.

Risky move to put a guy who has basically coached one season of football beyond a high school level in charge of a P5 program.

One of those moves that ends up in spectacular fashion one way or another. Either PT resurrects FSU or everybody in involved in the hire would get canned. There would be no in between.
Considering how they have gone since winning that national championship, they are probably willing to bet the house on one of their own. He would have a longer leash and support from everyone in that community.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Considering how they have gone since winning that national championship, they are probably willing to bet the house on one of their own. He would have a longer leash and support from everyone in that community.

They would have to pair him with some top level coordinators who were capable of running their own show.

Prime could certainly be deadly on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Our luck would be that the NCAA lets LSU walk on all the shady things they have been doing for years, that are far worse than anything we could’ve dreamed up. We take a hit from the NCAA . Coach O gets fired and they throw big money to bring in Joe Brady as head coach and he has them looking like the 2019 team when we play them next season. BVS isn’t rea….

Reactions: Plecoptera
Having Orgeron at 27 tells me how much that website still sucks. And Frost isn’t on the hot seat anymore. Nebraska has looked much better the past few weeks and he’s pretty much guaranteed to be back next season.
Surely that is 2.7 not 27, right?

If PT does well for a few seasons where he is, he'll get his P5 shot

PT is a unique attraction. No doubt he knows football and has ideas, and the tenacity to enact them. Yet, he's just now coming around to the coaching scene, and by-passed the assistant coach ranks.

Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor or Art Briles???

Art Briles would be an interesting add at TTU. They have a history with his offensive style. And he's had a few years to get past the Baylor thing.

Art Briles would be an interesting add at TTU. They have a history with his offensive style. And he's had a few years to get past the Baylor thing.
Art would probably be a placeholder and recruiter (ala Bobby Knight) until Kendall or Jeff Lebby are ready to take control. I don't see Dykes leaving Dallas (SMU) for Lubbock or Traylor leaving San Antonio when the TCU (Ft Worth) job might open in a year or so.

Last edited:
Art would probably be a placeholder and recruiter until Kendall or Jeff Lebby are ready to take control. I don't see Dykes leaving Dallas (SMU) for Lubbock or Traylor leaving San Antonio when the TCU (Ft Worth) job might open in a year or so.

Lebby is a hot OC. Hope that transfers well to HC for him when he tries those waters. Art is probably too old at this point as a long term option, so you may be right there. I'd offer that Kendall may be ready now for a place like TT. Dykes is in a good spot. He can win games at SMU and put a little shine back in that school name. Any moderate to excelling success at SMU makes for an easy job there, and it's not an obscure job to go to to die. Plus, he prob still hasn't cured the rash yet from having that Cal job. TCU won't be open till Patterson retires. Something kept him there with all the interest he's garnered to make moves and he never has. He will retire there. And if they don't make the correct hire immediately, TCU will slowly vanish back into their Big 8 days for eternity.

Reactions: BUBear
Lebby is a hot OC. Hope that transfers well to HC for him when he tries those waters. Art is probably too old at this point as a long term option, so you may be right there. I'd offer that Kendall may be ready now for a place like TT. Dykes is in a good spot. He can win games at SMU and put a little shine back in that school name. Any moderate to excelling success at SMU makes for an easy job there, and it's not an obscure job to go to to die. Plus, he prob still hasn't cured the rash yet from having that Cal job. TCU won't be open till Patterson retires. Something kept him there with all the interest he's garnered to make moves and he never has. He will retire there. And if they don't make the correct hire immediately, TCU will slowly vanish back into their Big 8 days for eternity.
Lebby played at OU so Tech would be the perfect job to audition for future employment. As for Fatterson...the natives are restless. Retiring might be the only way to save his legacy and statue

Fire Gary

Art would probably be a placeholder and recruiter (ala Bobby Knight) until Kendall or Jeff Lebby are ready to take control. I don't see Dykes leaving Dallas (SMU) for Lubbock or Traylor leaving San Antonio when the TCU (Ft Worth) job might open in a year or so.

The fall and disappearance of what I thought was a really good coach still mystifies me. That is Tedford when he was at Cal. He did really well at a school no one typically does well or cares about. He didn't have Bama seasons at Cal, but it was Cal. He is still the winningest coach on record, with a 5-3 bowl record there. Then when they decided he had to go, they both went. He never got another shot at a big school. He did return to Fresno for 3 years, and posted great records the first 2.

Reactions: BUBear
Lebby played at OU so Tech would be the perfect job to audition for future employment. As for Fatterson...the natives are restless. Retiring might be the only way to save his legacy and statue

Fire Gary

I can see that. Seems like he has Fulmerized the last few years. Hasn't lived up to his achievements and seems to have become complacent.

Per the Aaron Torres You tube podcast, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin could be in the mix for the Southern California or Louisiana State University head coaching jobs.

After reading a few stories our of LA following the Ducks win over UCLA, Chip Kelly might be on the hot seat.

VN Store

Back