Coaches after game hand shake

Mora taking a shot at Tennessee?

Volquest Staff
@Volquest_On3
·
37m

Jim Mora after UConn’s 59-3 loss at Tennessee: “The only thing I can say is it was a tough game. I am proud of our guys for the class that they showed on that football field before, during and after the game.”

Testy before and after game....

Last edited:
Saw that attempt at low five and said I wonder what the threads would say. Then I thought mora may have said, covid is back and need to go wash my hands quickly..

Reactions: volfeeva
UConn was playing similar to Akron last year, spent pretty much the entire first half worried someone was going to get hurt or cheap shotted.

As for Mora, if he was salty about the score, then do something about it next time. We played deep into our bench and they still couldn’t stop us.
Akron was the dirtiest team we’ve played in a long time. That’s the only thing I remember about that win.

UConn was playing similar to Akron last year, spent pretty much the entire first half worried someone was going to get hurt or cheap shotted.

As for Mora, if he was salty about the score, then do something about it next time. We played deep into our bench and they still couldn’t stop us.
Yep. At first, I was a bit perturbed that Nico didn't get more time, but after last season and now seeing how chippy things were before, during and after this one, I can see why you didn't leave him in there to become a target. Last thing we need is a UConn reserve taking a shot at a knee.

Akron was the dirtiest team we’ve played in a long time. That’s the only thing I remember about that win.

I’ll never forget how Akron deliberately attempted on multiple occasions to eviscerate Hendon’s knees. There were a couple of times they went full speed at his knees when he didn’t even have the ball. He probably wasn’t, but Joe Moorhead should have been ashamed of how his team conducted themselves that night.

As for Mora and UCONN, they ran their mouths a lot, but I didn’t see any deliberate attempts to cause injury or anything of that nature (granted, I missed a decent chunk of the game). Think their players just like to chirp a lot, but chirping isn’t “dirty” imo. Akron, however, was the dirtiest football team I’ve ever watched and hopefully ever will watch.

I’ll never forget how Akron deliberately attempted on multiple occasions to eviscerate Hendon’s knees. There were a couple of times they went full speed at his knees when he didn’t even have the ball. He probably wasn’t, but Joe Moorhead should have been ashamed of how his team conducted themselves that night.

As for Mora and UCONN, they ran their mouths a lot, but I didn’t see any deliberate attempts to cause injury or anything of that nature (granted, I missed a decent chunk of the game). Think their players just like to chirp a lot, but chirping isn’t “dirty” imo. Akron, however, was the dirtiest football team I’ve ever watched and hopefully ever will watch.

I think it’s a fair assessment overall. But there were several plays where there was a lot of unnecessary “extracurriculars”. Felt there were was a ton of instigation trying to get someone to take a swing. It just had the feel of “if you can’t beat them, drag them down to your level” kind of affair.

Reactions: LadyVolette
There was a play during the game that ended up on UT’s sideline, and I’m pretty sure a UCONN player put his hands on Heupel as his back was turned to the player. There was a big crowd for a second. It looked like a fight was about to break out.

UConn shouldn’t have come over to the Vols side and run that mouth pre-game. That’s disrespect coming to our house acting like aholes. They got an extended dose of disrespect right back at them, on the field, during and after the game that they in fact earned.

I don’t know what kinda hooch Mora is putting In his flask, but that wasn’t classy. I’m glad our guys played with a chip on their shoulders and that is exactly where they need to be. They should carry it through the next two weeks. No one will pick the Vols either game. Vols against the world! I hope this team crushes those dreams of the powers that be.

Mora s a loser, and always Has been.
He should have thanked Hype for calling off
the hounds and running out the clock.

Reactions: volfeeva
I was pretty pissed when I saw it happen live, becuase Huepel was nice to put in his 3rd and 4th string QBs. Our starter didn't even step on the field the 2nd half, despite it usually being good practice to at least get a possession in.

We are paying a 5 star QB big money on an NIL deal and he hasn't seen the field much this year. It was 49-3 before he even got to touch the ball in the 2nd half becuase they kept throwing pick 6s. When Nico got in, he scored a TD and was taken out early in the 4th despite fans wanting to see him. We could have scored a lot more. We didn't even touch 60 on them. Mora should be on his hands and knees in gratitude the score wasn't worse.

VN Store

Back