Coachery

Well, surely it won’t be a surprise that somewhere on campus they are preparing for a press conference to announce a new coach. It’s not like it’s a secret that we are hiring one and that they will have a PC for it, be it in this room or somewhere else. Somewhere on campus they are getting ready to have a PC, so it isn’t really informational that there are chairs being setup here or there.

Now if somebody snaps a pic of a big banner saying “welcome Coach Campbell”, that would be informative 😂
It's not about the revelation of "who" we hired. Its more about the fact that we have hired someone or that we are very close and it is not going to be much longer until the announcement.

Elliott.

No guarantee the administration is capable of recalibration.
In addition, a full year with Steele as interim head coach means that we will get absolutely destroyed on the recruiting trail. There would be nothing left in the cupboard for the next head coach...maybe a can of Spam.

Reactions: tarvol73
I do not see an announcement of this magnitude being made from that little crappy alcove. I'm certain we have facilities far superior to that.
We do have larger and potentially better spaces, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to use that set up. After all, most people have no idea what the room looks like when watching it on T.V.

In addition, a full year with Steele as interim head coach means that we will get absolutely destroyed on the recruiting trail. There would be nothing left in the cupboard for the next head coach...maybe a can of Spam.

Exactly.

Elite players aren't going to even give UT a thought with Steele in an interim role.

Maybe back fill with transfers and cobble together a team but it would just be kicking the can down the road to go with Steele as a 1 year stop gap.

Reactions: Fore
Steele wouldn't be hired full-time for $450k, as a coordinator or staff member, certainly not head coach or extended interim coach. That's a fraction of what a head coach makes. I feel like he was fully aware of his interim status and the time frame he would serve as such. The $450k was paid for him to be a stop-gap between the old and new coaches, with an expressed short timeframe.

Reactions: tbh
No, actually we didn’t. Nobody I know expected anything but what actually happened. There is a reason he was never considered for other jobs.
He was a finalist for the Mississippi State job when they hired Moorehead. Everyone knew he was going to get a shot somewhere.

Lol, the guy who posted those pictures on The Checkerboard is asking the mods to delete the thread because he is afraid his buddy who was asked to set up the room will be fired. Too late man, too late.
The thread on The Checkerboard that had the pictures just got nuked. Oh well, the body may have decayed, but the spirit lives on, here on Volnation.

VN Store

Back